3 REHEARSALS: AUGUST 25, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
8 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
7:00-9:00......On the practice field reviewing sets 10a-22a, and learning sets 23-25 (without instruments). Quick review of sets 1-10a (with instruments)
7:00-7:44......Indoor rehearsal on marching fundamentals in the Ron Herrin Gym
7:45-9:10......Indoor rehearsal in the band room. Pass out the ERHS time-out tunes, On Wisconsin, National Anthem, I Dreamed A Dream, Dream On, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Good Night, Sleep Tight.
The focus is on drill up to set 25. Run the 1st movement at the end of the rehearsal.
Improve on marching fundamentals and prepare music for the upcoming football game. Begin the learning process for The Nightmare Before Christmas and Good Night, Sleep Tight.
- FLEXIBILITY: If we can practice outside tomorrow, we need to take the opportunity. However, there is a very good chance that the humidity will be too high, and we will have to practice indoors from 7:00-9:15. Keep an eye out for an announcement early tomorrow morning.
- ENVELOPE AND CASH FOR MARCHING BAND APPAREL: Did anyone drop off an envelope containing cash in the high school office? Mrs. Deimel discovered the envelope with no name or order form in my school mailbox. Please message me if this is your envelope with cash.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: You need these items for the game. Place On Wisconsin, the Star-Spangled Banner, and the ERHS time-out tunes in your flip folders.
- NEW COORDINATES, DRILL CHARTS, and the ERHS TIME-OUT TUNES: Copies of these items will be passed out tomorrow morning.
- ASSIGNMENTS: Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- I Dreamed A Dream due before 11:59 am Wednesday
- 8/25 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: For details pertaining to the Richland County vs. Taylorville game, see below. The call-time is 6:15 pm in Department shirt, shorts, black crew socks, and marching band shoes.
- SATURDAY REHEARSALS: August 26th from 9:30 am to noon.
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- KEEP THE PLACE CLEAN: Please help keep the music department clean. Put away your instruments, music, coordinates, drill charts, flip folders, lyres, tuners, and pencils. Place your dirty clothes in your school locker, not your band locker. Also, let's not use our feet or knees to open doors, or place hands on the windows. Please and thank you!
- MENTORS/MENTEES: There are a number of things falling through the cracks. Mentors, check in with your mentees once a day to make sure that your littles know what is coming up. This is especially important for events outside of the school day, both rehearsals and performances.
- REHEARSAL START-TIMES:
b) Winds and percussion ready for downbeat on Tue. & Thurs. at 7am
c) Color guard leaves for the field at 8am on Tue., & Thurs. at 8am
d) Color guard rehearsal from 6-8pm on the field or gym
e) Drumline rehearsals on Monday 3:15-4:30pm
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so as to not lose them. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays.www.rchsbands.net/announcements--itineraries/2023-meet-the-tigers-nights-night
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- COLOR GUARD: You do not report to class until 8am on Tuesdays and Thursdays to compensate for the two hour rehearsal on Thursday nights from 6-8 pm.
- SHOES: Make sure to pay for your DrillMasters or the Crossovers
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth, and Brandon Seessengood.
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? This includes the upcoming Logistics Day. Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors - 2023 Yearbooks have arrived! You can pick yours up anytime this week after school in the Yearbook room (located right outside the Library).
- Any Freshman interested in running for class office must pick up a petition in the office, fill it out, and return it to Ms. Fehrenbacher or Mrs. Fleming by Friday.
- There will be an Executive Student Council meeting at lunch today in Ms. Fehrenbacher’s room. This meeting is for executive council members only.
- The FFA back to school bash is scheduled for tomorrow from 6:00 - 7:30 PM in the Ag room. If you have any questions, please contact an FFA advisor or a student representative. Flyers are also posted around the school.
- There will be a meeting for all girls planning to play softball this Thursday during OTE in Coach Powell's classroom. The meeting will be brief but important if you are planning to play.
- Lunch provided by First Methodist Church will begin next Tuesday. You must turn in your permission slip to the high school office to be eligible.
- Our Lady Tiger Volleyball team battled tough against the number 1 team in the southern area last night. Danielle Brown had 6 kills, Rylee Bloomer had 6 assists, Maddie the Liberator Piercefield had 7 digs, and Aliyah Tracy led the way in passing percentage. Our Lady Tiger squads will look to get on the W train as tonight is the home opener against T Town. JV action starts at 6:00 PM. The theme for tonight is white out night. Students, please make plans to support your peers and One Tiger Nation.
- Today is Tuesday folks, you know what this means?? That’s right, it’s time the joke of the day sponsored by Mr. Gary Walters. All righty, here we go: What did Cinderella say when her photos didn’t show up?
- Someday my prints will come!
Have a great day today. You are in control of your actions, do what’s right - make today 1% better than yesterday, and remember everyday is a great day when you are an Olney Tiger!! -
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation