2 REHEARSALS: AUGUST 25, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
7 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
7:00-7:59......On the practice field to stretch, reviewing sets 10a-20, and learning sets 21-22 (without instruments). Review sets 1-10a (with instruments). Please bring instruments, water, coordinates, and drill charts to the field.
8:00-9:10......Indoor rehearsal in the band room. Pass out the ERHS time-out tunes, On Wisconsin, National Anthem, I Dreamed A Dream, Dream On, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Good Night, Sleep Tight.
7:00-7:44......In the auxiliary gym to stretch, focus on marching fundamentals, and applying sets 1-22 to the circle.
7:45-9:10......Indoor rehearsal in the band room. Pass out the ERHS time-out tunes, On Wisconsin, National Anthem, I Dreamed A Dream, Dream On, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Good Night, Sleep Tight.
The focus is on drill up to set 22, and to rehearse the ERHS time-out tuners, On Wisconsin, National Anthem, I Dreamed A Dream, Dream On, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Good Night, Sleep Tight.
- FLEXIBILITY: Make sure that you are ready for any eventuality. Don't make assumptions. Be ready for both the primary and alternate plans. Drumline, bring the appropriate shoes. ;)
- ENVELOPE AND CASH FOR MARCHING BAND APPAREL: Did anyone drop off an envelope containing cash in the high school office? Mrs. Deimel discovered the envelope with no name or order form in my school mailbox. Please message me if this is your envelope with cash.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: You need these items for the game. Place On Wisconsin, the Star-Spangled Banner, and the ERHS time-out tunes in your flip folders.
- NEW COORDINATES, DRILL CHARTS, and the ERHS TIME-OUT TUNES: Copies of these items will be passed out tomorrow morning by Evey, Ethan, and Ethan.
- ASSIGNMENTS: Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- I Dreamed A Dream due before 11:59 am today. We will test in-class on Thursday morning from 8:00-9:10 am, for those that do not complete the assignment before hand. You will have 10 minutes to complete the assessment.
- 8/25 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: For details pertaining to the Richland County vs. Taylorville game, see below. The call-time is 6:15 pm in Department shirt, shorts, black crew socks, and marching band shoes. We are not wearing the full uniform. Plans may change. However, nothing is official unless it comes from Mr. Jones directly.
- SATURDAY REHEARSALS: August 26th from 9:30 am to noon.
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TEAM-LEADERS NEEDED: I need volunteers from the student-leadership to lead teams. Those teams (also known as shops) are SUPPLY (instruments), FACILITIES (music department), UNIFORMS, OPERATIONS (copying, etc.), and BOOSTER HELPERS. More on this during our Thursday lunch meeting.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Student-leaders, we will meet every Thursday from 12:35-1:00 in the music department for the remainder of the 1st term. During the course of the meetings, we will discuss the assigned readings from The Twin Thieves, plus anything leadership related. There will be pizza! Unfortunately, the music commons is only open to those within the leadership council on Thursdays during lunch. Leadership, put in your pizza orders now by clicking HERE! The leadership council starts tomorrow (Thursday, August 24th) for all Marching Tigers leadership.
- BUS SEATING: We are getting closer to the Jasper County Fall Festival Parade! Pick your spot on the bus or van by clicking HERE. Pick a spot that is in purple. Spots are first come first serve! Please do not erase someone's names off of this form. This will be your assigned seating for the majority, if not the entire, season. Make sure to log into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening the form. You have until September 1st to select your seat.
- MENTORS/MENTEES: There are a number of things falling through the cracks. Mentors, check in with your mentees once a day to make sure that your littles know what is coming up. This is especially important for events outside of the school day, both rehearsals and performances.
- REHEARSAL START-TIMES:
b) Winds and percussion ready for downbeat on Tue. & Thurs. at 7am
c) Color guard leaves for the field at 8am on Tue., & Thurs. at 8am
d) Color guard rehearsal from 6-8pm on the field or gym
e) Drumline rehearsals on Monday 3:15-4:30pm
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so as to not lose them. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays.www.rchsbands.net/announcements--itineraries/2023-meet-the-tigers-nights-night
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- COLOR GUARD: You do not report to class until 8am on Tuesdays and Thursdays to compensate for the two hour rehearsal on Thursday nights from 6-8 pm.
- SHOES: Make sure to pay for your DrillMasters or the Crossovers
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth, and Brandon Seessengood.
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? This includes the upcoming Logistics Day. Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- Students, just a couple of reminders for you: First, please check your student email throughout the day. You will receive email from guidance, the office, and possibly other departments as well. 2nd, don’t forget to pick up your yearbooks. You can pick yours up anytime this week after school in the Yearbook room (located right outside the Library).
- Any Freshman interested in running for class office must pick up a petition in the office, fill it out, and return it to Ms. Fehrenbacher or Mrs. Fleming by Friday.
- The FFA back to school bash is tonight from 6:00 - 7:30 PM in the Ag room. If you have any questions, please contact an FFA advisor or a student representative. Flyers are also posted around the school.
- There will be a meeting for all girls planning to play softball tomorrow during OTE in Coach Powell's classroom. The meeting will be brief but important if you are planning to play.
- Here are your words of wisdom for this Wednesday: Treat people right. Appreciate them, encourage them, support them and make them feel like they matter (because they do). Do this at home, at work, at school, at the store, etc. Do this with people you know and people you don't. Try your best every day to make someone else's day.
Have a great day today. You are in control of your actions, do what’s right - make today 1% better than yesterday, and remember everyday is a great day when you are an Olney Tiger!! -
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation