- SUCKERS: Bella Kocher, Liam Ryden, Quinn Patterson, Ethan Zuber, Carter McDonald, Sophia Ranes, Kira Daniel, Brendan Kirkland, and Summer Culpepper, please see me for a sucker for helping the front ensemble unload equipment and load straps Saturday night! Thank you for your help, and your dedication to the community that is RCHS Bands!
- HOMEWORK: Watch our performance at the Monticello competition. Complete the assignment under https://www.rccu1.schoology.com. Click HERE to view the video. The assignment is due by Wednesday at 11:59pm.
- WEDNESDAY: Review sets 1-22A from 7-7:30am. Learn sets 22A-29 from 7:30-8:40am.
- THURSDAY: Sectionals from 7-7:40am. Full ensemble music from 7:40-8am (percussion may break-off). Review sets 1-29 & learn sets 29A-31.
- FRIDAY: Run sets 1-31.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: Let's try this again! Please fill out your bus assignments before Wednesday, September 20th at 10am. This chart will be used for 9/25, 10/2, & 10/16. We have been assigned a truck instead of a van for 10/2. On this day, many of the adults that would travel on the van will travel on the buses instead. Click HERE to select your assignment. DO NOT DELETE ANYONE'S NAME FROM A SEAT, OR SELECT A "LEAVE EMPTY" SEAT.
- Trumpets & trombones under the direction of Madison Hinderliter
- Baritones under the direction of Mallory Miller
- Tenor saxes, bari sax, and sousaphones under the direction of Evan Irvin
- OLNEY FALL FESTIVAL & the PANTHER MARCHING BAND FESTIVAL: Click HERE for the itinerary
- NEWTON MARCHING EAGLES CLASSIC & THE ROBINSON MARCHING MAROONS BAND FESTIVAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play.
- ILMEA AUDITIONS: For those of you taking lessons with me, you may find the schedule HERE. Evan, Jozalyn, & Madison, please see me regarding ILMEA lessons.
- JAZZ BAND: Pizza party on Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 12:30pm.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Kali Hinterscher, Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2021 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, however. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- MILLIKIN UNIVERSITY & THE DALLAS WINDS ON 10/25: Message me if you are interested. See the poster below for more details.
➢ Happy Birthday to Jillian Bettis today!
➢ There will be a competitive event meeting today during lunch in Mrs. Stallard's room (room 206) for all FBLA members who are interested in participating in the competitive event component of FBLA. Please bring your own lunch (if you eat school lunch, simply bring it to Mrs. Stallard's room).
➢ School Improvement - 11:40 Dismissal tomorrow, Sept. 22nd
7:30 Students may enter Student Commons
7:40 Students may move throughout 1st Floor
7:50 Students may move to 2nd Floor
7:56 Students report to 1st Block class
8:00 1st Block begins
8:50 1st Block ends
8:57 2nd Block begins
9:47 2nd Block ends
9:54 3rd Block begins
10:44 3rd Block ends
10:51 4th Block begins
11:40 4th Block ends - Lunch Begins
12:20 Bus Departure
➢ The RCHS Marching Tigers performed at the Jasper County Fall Festival parade on Saturday, September 11th. The band ranked third out of high school bands, and best percussion.
➢ The Marching Tigers also performed at the Sage City Invitational in Monticello on Saturday, September 18th. The band placed fourth out of high school bands, 3rd for drumline, 2nd for color guard, 2nd for drum major, and 3rd for music.
➢ Freshman class officers need to meet during OTE in room 214 (Lathrop) to discuss homecoming.
➢ Any boys interested in playing in the Homecoming Boys Volleyball Game on Thursday, Oct 7th, should sign up in the front office. Permission slips must be completed and returned to the office prior to practicing or playing
➢ Homecoming Week is quickly approaching. The PowderPuff Football Game will be held on Wed Oct 6th at 6:00.
Girls wanting to play must sign-up in advance.
Seniors can sign-up with Reese Smith, Marni Burgener, or in the Main Office.
Juniors can sign-up with Caroline Glover, Taylor Runyon, or in the Main Office.
The cost is $15 and must be paid when you sign-up.
A permission slip is required to practice and play.
The last day to sign-up is Tues Sept 28th.
➢ The first meeting for returning athletic ambassadors (those that participated last year), will be Thursday 9/23/21 during lunch in Coach Wheeler's classroom. Pizza will be provided. Please let Coach Julian or Coach Powell know if you cannot attend or if you have any questions.
➢ Picture day for all grades will be on September 28th. Senior Girls need to wear a tank that can be pulled off the shoulders. Senior Guys need to wear a white tshirt.
➢ The Community Service OTE will be collecting the following MEN'S new or gently used clothing items starting Wednesday Sept 15th through Friday Oct. 1st. Items collected will be used for the Unity Project's men's clothing give away on Oct 16th. The 3rd block class that has the highest average of points (points/person) will receive an hour lunch (this is a correction from the fliers). The second place class will receive a 50 min lunch. Items being collected are: Men's coats (5 pts), Men's jeans (4 pts), unisex or Men's hoodies (4 pts), New Men's socks (3 pts), unisex or Men's t-shirts (2 pt), and Men's hat's and scarves (1 pt).
➢ The JROTC store is now open during passing periods and at lunch.
➢ There are cups and pitchers of water available in the cafeteria for students. The office and the nurse no longer have bottles available.
➢ Cheeseburger on bun, french fries, apple and milk
➢ Girls Tennis vs. Teutopolis (Away) 4:30 PM
➢ JV Boys Soccer vs. Mattoon (Away) 4:30 PM