- SATURDAY'S REHEARSAL: Just a reminder that if you work hard this week, I may be inclined to cancel Saturday's rehearsal. That being said, if I am giving up 2.5 hours of work, you need to earn it! Work hard. Practice hard. If you see someone messing around, remind them of this deal.
- 2ND MVT. MEMORIZATION CHECK: For those that did not pass the second memorization test, you will have one last opportunity next week. This will be one-on-one performance tests. Make sure you are ready! The tune is This Is Me. At 7:45 we need to move the props to the practice field.
- SET MARKINGS IN THE 3RD MVT: Didn't pass this assignment on Tuesday? You have another chance Friday (I forgot to check today).
- 3RD MVT. MEMORIZATION CHECK: Be ready to perform Never Enough / From Now On from memory next week. Testing starts Tuesday (9/7).
- FOOTBALL GAME: The home game against Lawrenceville is this Friday. The call-time is 5:15pm. We will be in full uniform for this performance. Please check now to ensure that you have black-crew socks and your department shirt, shorts, and marching band shoes. Show shirts are not permitted. While we are in the stands, we will take off the shako (hat), and our jackets.
- PARENT-VOLUNTEERS: Folks, we need somewhere between 10-12 parents this Friday game to help set props. Any and every help would be greatly appreciated!
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play.
- CLASS DOJO POINTS: I am changing how I award points to those sections that have everyone present to a rehearsal. From this point forward, I will award points to those that have no UNEXCUSED ABSENCES. That will make it easier for sections to earn points if a member is quarantined, ill, or has a legitimate appointment.
- JASPER COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL PARADE (9/11): It's official! Our first away performance Is a little over a week away! You may review the Itinerary by going to the 2021-2022 CALENDAR and clicking on the event, or by going directly to ANNOUNCEMENTS & ITINERARIES.
- MCKENDREE UNIVERSITY SMALL MARCHING BAND CHAMPIONSHIP: Unfortunately, this competition has been cancelled for the 2021 season. I know this was many of your favorite competition; however, think of it this way. You will have a weekend off!
- JAZZ BAND: The Marching Tigers is not the only band in session this quarter! The Jazz Band has started up during OTE. We are in need of more trumpets, trombones, and a drumset player. We also need a pianist. If you are interested, we would love to have you! We are playing The "S" Is Silent, Front Burner, & Groovin Hard, to name a few.
- ILMEA AUDITIONS: Several of you plan to audition for the District 5 Festival this October. If you haven't already started, get cracking on your audition music. You have five weeks. That seems like a lot, but those that have auditioned at the senior level of ILMEA will tell you that it is not much time at all! Make sure to print your music and practice with a metronome. For those of you that do not have lessons with another music teacher, lesson times with me will be available in the near future. Ask me for more details if this pertains to you. Lessons with me begin next week.
The rehearsals for the next few days are as follows:
(7:00am - 9:15am is DRILL & MUSIC)
- All members of the Marching Tigers: 7:00-9:20 AM
Saturday on September 4th
(9:30am - 12:00pm is DRILL & MUSIC)
- All members of the Marching Tigers: 9:30am-12:00pm
Drumline: Rehearsals will occur before school during regularly scheduled practices, and on Mondays from 3:15-4:30 PM (minus those involved in afternoon athletic practices). Front Ensemble does not rehearse with the drumline on Monday afternoons.
Color Guard: Rehearsals for this section will occur on Thursday or Thursday evenings from 6-8 PM. Members of the Color Guard are excused from zero hour (7-8 AM) rehearsals on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
➢ No birthdays today.
➢ There will be a girls basketball meeting in my room at 2:30 today. Room 108.
➢ We will have a 2:00pm dismissal tomorrow, September 3rd.
1st block: 8:00 - 9:18
2nd block: 9:25 - 10:40
3rd block: 10:47 - 12:02
Lunch: 12:03 - 12:42
4th block: 12:42 - 2:00
Bus departs @ 3:00
➢ No School on Monday, September 6th - Labor Day
➢ Student Council will have a full council meeting on Wednesday, Sept 8th during OTE. All class officers, senators, and club representatives should plan to meet in the RCPAC at 2:30pm. See
Mrs Fleming if you have any questions.
➢ The reading selections for September for the RCHS Book Club will be Allegedly by Tiffany
Jackson and The Companion by Katie Alender. Both are 2022 Lincoln Selections, and both take suspenseful and exciting twists and turns to the very end! If you are interested in reading either or both selections, stop by the library to pick up your copy. Later in September, a book club meeting will be held during lunch to discuss both of these great books. See Mrs. Eagleson in the library with any questions.
➢ Bobe's Pizza in Olney is hiring delivery, kitchen, and customer service positions!
Customer Service: minimum wage + tips
Delivery: minimum wage + tips + $2 driver reimbursement
Kitchen: starts at minimum wage
Job perks: flexible schedule, free food on shift, and opportunity to start a Simple IRA
retirement savings plan with up to 3% match.
Apply online at http://bobespizza.net/careers/ or visit Bobe's Pizza with further questions!
➢ Attention travel club members (Ecuador and Canada): Earn money for your trip. We need workers for the concession stand for the volleyball games. There is a volleyball tournament from 9-4 on Sept 4. Please see Mr. Dunn to sign up for that and for the rest of the home games.
➢ FBLA is open to everyone! Even if you are not in the FBLA OTE, you may still join FBLA. We will have an informational meeting sometime during the week of September 6. If you are undecided about joining, please come to our informational meeting (the date and location of this meeting will be sent out later). If you know you want to join, please go ahead and complete our online registration form using this link: https://forms.gle/fw5N3ucQju1iMa6k7 We are looking forward to working with you and doing some fun and great things! If you have any questions, see Mrs. Stallard in Room 204 or any of the officers: Kaitlyn Kerr - President,
Bentley Farris - Vice President, Taylor Runyon - Secretary/Treasurer, Mallory Miller - Reporter, and Joan Biyok - Historian
➢ Chicken sandwich, green beans, apple and milk
➢ Girls Tennis vs. Newton @ Home 4:15 PM
➢ Boys Soccer vs. St. Anthony @ Home 4:30 PM