2 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
7 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
8 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello (no schedule from the event coordinator as of yet)
7:00-7:44......WINDS AND DRUMLINE IN THE STADIUM
- WINDS = Long Tones, Flexibility/Scales #1, Be Thou My Vision. The Nightmare Before Christmas is the primary focus.
- DRUMLINE = Warm-up with Mr. Vaal
- FRONT ENSEMBLE = All-State Audition for Band/Orchestra with Mr. Weitkamp
7:45-7:59……WINDS AND PERCUSSION ON THE TRACK (MARCHING AND SINGING)
- Front Ensemble needs the marching band banner and crash cymbals on the track
8:00-9:00……FULL ENSEMBLE ON THE TRACK
- FULL ENSEMBLE = The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end) from memory in parade block A.
The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end)
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Happy birthday, Jasper!
- HOMEWORK: Make sure to take your instruments home to practice each day after school! If you want to be competitive, everyone must have the music memorized. Mentors and section leaders, please help remind your people.
- LUNCH ON 9/6: Sorry, folks! The music department is closed during lunch today.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY AT EIU: The deadline to register is today at 12:00 pm. The clinic itself is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2023 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. We will depart RCHS at around 11:15 a.m. to allow time for lunch and the drive to Charleston, IL. We will return at 5:00 p.m. Click HERE before September 6th to attend this event. Only those auditioning for ILMEA is eligible to attend this trip. As of now, seven people are attending the trip to EIU. Those people are Jereme Higginbotham, Emma Wells, Evey Mason, Ethan Zuber, Aidan Gomez, Callista Ridgely, and Addison Ridgely. If you are auditioning for band or orchestra, you my print the music by clicking HERE
- FACILITIES: No need to strike down the chairs and stands today. We will wait until next week.
- RCHS BANDS ATTIRE/BAGS: Humans, submit your clothing orders now! RCHS Bands has fleece-jackets and gym bags with the Marching Tigers logo available for purchase.
- INTONATION ON SCALES: Refine intonation tendencies over concert E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement). It would benefit the band greatly if all winds would practice the scales with a tuner at home before rehearsals. The more in-tune we are, the better we will blend, and the louder we will sound.
- PLAYING TEST (POSTPONED UNTIL 9/11 AT 11:59 PM): Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end) by Wednesday, September 7th before 11:59 pm. If you plan on taking the test at school, please bring your Chromebook to rehearsal on Thursday, September 8th.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- JASPER COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL PARADE: Our first away event is this Saturday, September 9th in Newton, IL. Click HERE for more details.
- SAGE CITY INVITATIONAL: This is our first marching band competition! The date of this competition in Monticello, IL is September 16th. Click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Only those within the Marching Tigers leadership are permitted to attend the leadership council. If your name is not on the list, please do not report to the music department during our meeting. We meet on Fridays from 12:35-1:00. The assigned readings are chapters 1-7.
- NEW BUS SEATING: We now have two buses, a van, and plenty of space traveling to competitions! To update your seating, click HERE. You have until Thursday to update the seating chart. Feel free to spread out between the two buses. Since we have plenty of space, let's keep the van free for parents, should they wish to join us.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: Confirm that you have your flip folder, lyre, and tuner. There are a few of these items laying around.
- There is a fall athletic nutrition meeting today in the PAC during OTE. All athletes are encouraged to attend.
- Don’t forget about the informational meeting tomorrow during OTA in the Commons to hear more about Best Buddies and learn how to join!
- We have an attendance update to give you today. Please remember that the goal for each class is 94% for term 1. As of now, all four grade levels are on track to earn their 1 hour lunch at the end of the term. Seniors, you are at 95.18%, Juniors, you are at 95.28%, Sophomores, you are at 95.85%, and Freshmen, you are sitting at 95.93%. Nice job so far - get to class, every class - do it now!!
- Tiger pats on the back go out to our Tiger Golf squad as they defeated Salem and Carbondale yesterday. Our top Tiger golfer was Reese Glover carding a 3 over par 39. Ayden Nealis, Tristan Mitchell, and Carter Blank all recorded 41’s.
- Tiger good luck roars go out to our Lady Tiger golf squad as they play on their home course this afternoon.
- Here are your words of wisdom for this Wednesday:
- Struggle leads to strength.
- Adversity leads to growth.
- Obstacles lead to improvement.
- Setbacks lead to comebacks.
- Tests lead to testimonies.
- The challenges you face are part of the growth plan for your life.
Have a great day today. You are in control of your actions, do what’s right - make today 1% better than yesterday, and remember everyday is a great day when you are an Olney Tiger!!
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation