Mr. Jones will transport students in a school van at 3:30 pm on Wednesday. Rehearsals in Peoria will occur on Thursday, Friday, and part of Saturday. The week concludes with concerts on Saturday. Those participating in an All-State ensembles will audition on Thursday to determine which of the All-State ensembles he/she will be placed. The All-State Music Conference ensembles include the Honors Band (3:30 PM concert on Saturday), & the All-State Band (1:00 PM concert on Saturday). The concerts are held in the Carver Arena at the Peoria Civic Center. Your student will notify you as to which ensemble they were placed following auditions.
Hotel lodging is provided for the students by the school. Mr. Jones is chaperoning the students the entire conference. Lodging is at Baymont Inn & Suites at 4112 N. Brandywine Dr. in Peoria, IL.
The students are responsible for making arrangements with their classroom teachers for homework, quizzes, tests, projects, and notes prior to departure.
Each student shall to provide enough money to cover 3.5 days of meals.
Parents/guardians may sign-out their student following the concert.
All-State apparel, plaques and recordings of the concerts are available for purchase at the concerts.
Required materials for the festival include:
• ILMEA audition music
• Appropriate school clothing (to wear for travel & for rehearsals) for three-days
• Jacket (Peoria is cold this time of year!)
• Cell phone with charger
• Tuxedo or concert dresses (see the student handbook for further details http://www.richlandcountyhsbands.org/student-handbook.html)
• Folding music stand
• Extra reeds
• Value oil or slide grease
• Cash for lunches and dinners
Included in the student packet:
- Family Information
- Peoria Downtown Parking Map
- All-State Student Instructions
- Future Music Educators Seminar (FMES) Participant Schedule
- ILMEA All-State Student Schedule
- Pre-clearance Slip (to ensure that the students have spoken to their classroom instructors regarding their absence)
Please thoroughly review details on the ILMEA website regarding the event:
Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have any questions. I may be reached at 393-2191 ext. 3137 or at email@example.com.