For those that did not attend the Disney World & Cocoa Beach meeting in the Fall, please make sure to review the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be_Yz8iMh1s. You may also find the link to those that have already submitted an RSVP for the trip by clicking HERE.
ELIGIBILITY TO ATTEND THE TRIP:
- Make payments to Bob Rodgers Travel per the schedule listed below
- Enroll in three terms of a band within the academic year of the trip. Students may enroll in the any of the following ensembles: Marching Tigers, Symphonic Band, Honors Wind Ensemble, & Jazz Band.
- Enroll in four terms of choir
- Students that are enrolled in both band and choir may participate in both performances at Disney World, provided that they meet the criteria listed in the 2nd and 3rd bullet points listed above.
The first payment for the trip is scheduled for April 29th, 2022. All payments will be handled by Bob Rodgers Travel, so we ask that parents & guardians create an account on the Bob Rodgers Travel payment system by Friday, April 15th, 2022. Please visit https://bobrogerstravel.com/payment-system/ for more details. The group code is RICHLAND7540.
Payments for the trip are spread out over seven months. The payment schedule is as follows:
- April 29
- June 24
- August 19
- October 14
- December 2
- February 3
- April 7
Payments are 1/7th of the total charge, except for the last payment. The payment on April 7th will need to cover the remaining balance.
The trip prices vary depending on the package that you select (the greatest factor that influence the trip cost is the occupancy number per room). The trip packages are as follows:
- Quad (4) occupancy rooms per person = $1,165.00
- Triple (3) occupancy rooms per person = $1,225.00
- Double (2) occupancy rooms per person = $1,285.00
- Single (1) occupancy rooms per person = $1,525.00
The hotel in which we are staying is the Holiday Inn Resort on 13351 FL-535 Orlando, FL 32821. We were going to stay at the Buena Vista Suites, but their rates have been raised since our last stay in Florida.
Please note that students may not reserve a single occupancy room. Only adults may reserve a room to themselves. Should you wish to add trip insurance (reimbursement should the trip be canceled due to unforeseen circumstances), include the following into the prices listed above:
- Enhanced insurance plan = 7.02% on top of the trip package rates listed above
- Standard insurance plan = 4.55% on top of the trip package rates listed above
- You are not required to purchase trip insurance
As always, please feel free to contact me should you have any questions. I may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (618) 393-2191 ext. 3153.
UPDATE ON TRIP ITINERARY (1/11/2023):
The band is scheduled to participate in the Disney's "Soundtrack Session: Instrumental Workshop" on Friday, June 2nd. Unfortunately, despite both Bob Rodgers Travel and our best efforts, Disney does not permit family members to attend the event.
CORRECTION: The two motor coaches will arrive at Richland County High School (not RCMS) on both May 30th and June 4th. RCHS is located at 1200 E. Laurel St. in Olney. Please park in the north parking lot next to the football stadium.