- SATURDAY'S REHEARSAL: Just a reminder that if you work hard this week, I may be inclined to cancel Saturday's rehearsal. That being said, if I am giving up 2.5 hours of work, you need to earn it! Work hard. Practice hard. If you see someone messing around, remind them of this deal.
- 2ND MVT. MEMORIZATION CHECK: For those that did not pass the memorization test, you have another opportunity to pass! Tomorrow, while the band works on stand tunes from 7-7:45, I will pull you aside by sections. Make sure you are ready! The tune is This Is Me. At 7:45 we need to move the props to the practice field.
- SET MARKINGS IN THE 3RD MVT: Didn't pass this assignment on Tuesday? You have another chance tomorrow.
- 3RD MVT. MEMORIZATION CHECK: Be ready to perform Never Enough / From Now On from memory next week. Testing starts Tuesday (9/7).
- FOOTBALL GAME: The home game against Lawrenceville is this Friday. The call-time is 5:15pm (Not 5:30, Mr. Jones!). We will be in full uniform for this performance. Please check now to ensure that you have black-crew socks and your department shirt, shorts, and marching band shoes. While we are in the stands, we will take off the shako (hat), and our jackets.
- JAZZ BAND: The Marching Tigers is not the only band in session this quarter! The Jazz Band has started up during OTE. We are in need of more trumpets, trombones, and a drumset player. We also need a pianist. If you are interested, we would love to have you! We are playing The "S" Is Silent, Front Burner, & Groovin Hard, to name a few.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play.
- MCKENDREE UNIVERSITY SMALL MARCHING BAND CHAMPIONSHIP: Unfortunately, this competition has been cancelled for the 2021 season. I know this was many of your favorite competition; however, think of it this way. You will have a weekend off!
The rehearsals for the next few days are as follows:
(7:00am - 7:59am is MUSIC ONLY; 8:00am - 9:15am DRILL & MUSIC)
- Winds & percussion only: 7:00-7:59 AM (no color guard)
- All members of the Marching Tigers: 8:00-9:20 AM
(7:00am - 9:15am is DRILL & MUSIC)
- All members of the Marching Tigers: 7:00-9:20 AM
Saturday on September 4th
(9:30am - 12:00pm is DRILL & MUSIC)
- All members of the Marching Tigers: 9:30am-12:00pm
Drumline: Rehearsals will occur before school during regularly scheduled practices, and on Mondays from 3:15-4:30 PM (minus those involved in afternoon athletic practices). Front Ensemble does not rehearse with the drumline on Monday afternoons.
Color Guard: Rehearsals for this section will occur on Thursday or Thursday evenings from 6-8 PM. Members of the Color Guard are excused from zero hour (7-8 AM) rehearsals on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
➢ No birthdays today.
➢ The Interact Club will be holding its first meeting on Wed. Sept. 1 during OTE in the student
commons. Interact is a service club that focuses on helping young people connect while
having fun serving their communities. Interact is all about taking action, building community
and international understanding, making new friends, and developing your leadership skills
while you discover the power of Service Above Self. John Mclaughlin, a member of the
Richland County Rotary Club, will be serving as the sponsor. Look forward to seeing you there.
➢ Student Council will have a full council meeting on Wednesday, Sept 8th during OTE. All class
officers, senators, and club representatives should plan to meet in the RCPAC at 2:30pm. See
Mrs Fleming if you have any questions.
➢ The reading selections for September for the RCHS Book Club will be Allegedly by Tiffany
Jackson and The Companion by Katie Alender. Both are 2022 Lincoln Selections, and both
take suspenseful and exciting twists and turns to the very end! If you are interested in
reading either or both selections, stop by the library to pick up your copy. Later in September,
a book club meeting will be held during lunch to discuss both of these great books. See Mrs.
Eagleson in the library with any questions.
➢ There will be no after-school tutoring in the IMC Monday 8/30 or Wednesday 9/1 this week.
➢ Bobe's Pizza in Olney is hiring delivery, kitchen, and customer service positions!
Customer Service: minimum wage + tips
Delivery: minimum wage + tips + $2 driver reimbursement
Kitchen: starts at minimum wage
Job perks: flexible schedule, free food on shift, and opportunity to start a Simple IRA
retirement savings plan with up to 3% match.
Apply online at http://bobespizza.net/careers/ or visit Bobe's Pizza with further questions!
➢ Attention travel club members (Ecuador and Canada): Earn money for your trip. We need
workers for the concession stand for the volleyball games. There is a volleyball tournament
from 9-4 on Sept 4. Please see Mr. Dunn to sign up for that and for the rest of the home
➢ FBLA is open to everyone! Even if you are not in the FBLA OTE, you may still join FBLA. We
will have an informational meeting sometime during the week of September 6. If you are
undecided about joining, please come to our informational meeting (the date and location of
this meeting will be sent out later). If you know you want to join, please go ahead and
complete our online registration form using this link: https://forms.gle/fw5N3ucQju1iMa6k7 We
are looking forward to working with you and doing some fun and great things! If you have any
questions, see Mrs. Stallard in Room 204 or any of the officers: Kaitlyn Kerr - President,
Bentley Farris - Vice President, Taylor Runyon - Secretary/Treasurer, Mallory Miller - Reporter,
and Joan Biyok - Historian
➢ Cold cut sandwich, carrots & dip, mandarin oranges and milk
➢ Boys Golf vs. Oblong, Lawrenceville, Mt. Carmel @ (Home) 4:00 PM
➢ Girls Golf vs. Oblong and Lawrenceville @ (Home) 4:00 PM