- MISSING ASSIGNMENTS: Review SkyWard for any missing assignments, such as your Handbook Confirmation Form, Set Markings, Memorization Tests, etc. You still have time to complete those assignments and raise your grades!
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: Pick your bus assignment and seat before Friday at 10am. You must by log into your rccu1 Google account (the form only allows rccu1 accounts), and then clicking the following link. Please remove your name from the list on the right hand side once you have selected your seat. Finally, notate next to your name if a parent or guardian plans on signing you out after the parade. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17cKwLnSK-MLaFxcOEhhREfsj0mumWCs6DyeRIV7Z4Bs/edit?usp=sharing
- 2ND MVT. MEMORIZATION CHECK: For those that did not pass the second memorization test, you will have one last opportunity TOMORROW. This will be one-on-one performance tests. Make sure you are ready! The tune is This Is Me. At 7:45 we need to move the props to the practice field.
- SET MARKINGS IN THE 3RD MVT: Didn't pass this assignment on Tuesday? You have another chance tomorrow. See either Mr. Vaal or Mr. Jones.
- 3RD MVT. MEMORIZATION CHECK: Be ready to perform Never Enough / From Now On from memory next week. The test has been postponed until Tuesday (9/14).
- PARENT-VOLUNTEERS: Folks, we need parents to help set props on 9/18. Any and every help would be greatly appreciated!
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play.
- JASPER COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL PARADE (9/11): It's official! Our first away performance Is a little over a week away! You may review the Itinerary by going to the 2021-2022 CALENDAR and clicking on the event, or by going directly to ANNOUNCEMENTS & ITINERARIES.
- JAZZ BAND: The Marching Tigers is not the only band in session this quarter! The Jazz Band has started up during OTE. We are in need of more trumpets, trombones, and a drumset player. We also need a pianist. If you are interested, we would love to have you! We are playing The "S" Is Silent, Front Burner, & Groovin Hard, to name a few.
- ILMEA AUDITIONS: Several of you plan to audition for the District 5 Festival this October. If you haven't already started, get cracking on your audition music. You have five weeks. That seems like a lot, but those that have auditioned at the senior level of ILMEA will tell you that it is not much time at all! Make sure to print your music and practice with a metronome. For those of you that do not have lessons with another music teacher, lesson times with me will be available in the near future. Ask me for more details if this pertains to you. Lessons with me begin next week.
➢ Happy Birthday to Chelsey Mick today.
➢ FBLA will be hosting a Kick-Off party today, Wednesday from 6:00-7:30. We will meet in the Student Commons. Come and enjoy some food, drinks, and games. All current members and anyone interested in joining FBLA is invited to attend. Hope to see you there!
➢ Lunch Stand at St. Paul United Methodist Church (across from the high school) will be serving lunch today. The lunch will consist of a pork burger, cheesy pork burger, hamburger or cheeseburger, chips, drink and cookies for $3.00. An additional sandwich will be $2.00. Lunch will be served every Wednesday. Hope to see you at St. Paul.
➢ There are cups and pitchers of water available in the cafeteria for students. The office and the nurse no longer have bottles available.
➢ Orthopedic Clinic on Friday, September 17, 2021 from 8:30-10:30 am by appt only with Dr. Fullop at Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine, 1527 College Dr, Mt. Carmel, IL. Please call 1-800-272-0074 between 9:00-4:00 M-F to register for the clinic. Sponsored by: Illinois Elks Children’s Care corporation & Mt. Carmel Elks Lodge 715
➢ The Art Club is having an informational meeting on Friday, September 10th. Art Club is open to everyone, even if you are not in the Art Club OTE. Please come to the meeting if you are interested in joining, we'll do our best in answering your questions. We're looking forward to creating art and having fun this year. If you are unable to attend the meeting but still want to join, please see Mrs. Pixley in the Art Room (rm 166).sometime before Friday's meeting.
➢ 2021 Olnean Yearbooks are here!!!! You can pick yours up AFTER SCHOOL ONLY in the Yearbook room (next to the Library) any day this week!
➢ Student Council will have a full council meeting on Wednesday, Sept 8th during OTE. All class officers, senators, and club representatives should plan to meet in the RCPAC at 2:30pm. See Mrs Fleming if you have any questions
➢ The Community Connections OTE class is hosting a fundraiser for Convoy of Hope, which is helping with Hurricane Ida relief. Here's how it will work:
- Collection of cash during OTA
- Sept 7 - 10
- Class with the highest amount of money per person will "win"
- "Winning" class will get Ginger Ale's drinks delivered during OTA (to be consumed in the Commons)
Convoy of Hope sends in truckloads of supplies such as hygiene items, bottled water, food, tarps, solar powered flashlights, and numerous other helpful supplies. With each $1 of donation they are able to purchase $5 worth of goods. It is a great organization that really seeks to support people in a time when they need help in so many ways.
➢ The reading selections for September for the RCHS Book Club will be Allegedly by Tiffany Jackson and The Companion by Katie Alender. Both are 2022 Lincoln Selections, and both take suspenseful and exciting twists and turns to the very end! If you are interested in reading either or both selections, stop by the library to pick up your copy. Later in September, a book club meeting will be held during lunch to discuss both of these great books. See Mrs. Eagleson in the library with any questions.
➢ Bobe's Pizza in Olney is hiring delivery, kitchen, and customer service positions!
Customer Service: minimum wage + tips
Delivery: minimum wage + tips + $2 driver reimbursement
Kitchen: starts at minimum wage
Job perks: flexible schedule, free food on shift, and opportunity to start a Simple IRA
retirement savings plan with up to 3% match.
Apply online at http://bobespizza.net/careers/ or visit Bobe's Pizza with further questions!
➢ Bosco sticks/marinara, carrots & dip, mandarin oranges and milk
➢ Girls Golf - Olney Invitational (Home) @ 3:00 PM