Oh, by the way... It's almost time for Honors Wind! See below for more details.
- HOMECOMING: Homecoming Is coming up next week! The band will perform at the pep assembly on Monday (call-time is 1:30pm), and the parade on Thursday. You should know that the band has picked the homecoming queen more times than not. Who are you picking?!
- NEVER ENOUGH/FROM NOW ON: There are far too many of you faking your way through the third movement, and it is apparent when the band takes the field. Make sure to have your music 100% memorized for tomorrow's rehearsal. Please take home your instruments!
- FRIDAY'S REHEARSAL: Hopefully, we can use the stadium field. We start on our practice field from 7-8am working on the third movement. The focus Is on sets 1-32A. We move to the stadium from 8-9am to run The Greatest Show, This Is Me, and Never Enough/From Now On. The main focus Is the third movement, as it is our weakest movement.
- TRI-M & BEGINNING BAND: I have started a beginning band at the 7th grade. We also have two 8th grade beginning band students. Because I only see them 2-3 times a week, over a 30-,minute lesson, I would like to create YouTube videos to which they may practice at home. TRI-M, I will contact a number of you about making a short video this week.
- ILMEA MUSIC CUTS: SENIOR WINDS & SENIOR JAZZ
- SATURDAY'S PERFORMANCE: We will perform The Greatest Show, This Is Me, & Never Enough/From Now On Saturday. The goal is to march all three movements.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for 9/25, 10/2, & 10/16. We have been assigned a truck instead of a van for 10/2. On this day, many of the adults that would travel on the van will travel on the buses instead. Click HERE to view your bus assignment, or scroll to the bottom of this post.
- NEWTON MARCHING EAGLES CLASSIC & THE ROBINSON MARCHING MAROONS BAND FESTIVAL: Click HERE for the itinerary. There Is a strong chance of rain. Bring a poncho or rain coat, but stay tuned!
- EFFINGHAM MARCHING HEARTS INVITATIONAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: Click HERE for the Itinerary.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play. Please meet with Kali regarding the selections. I need to know this week. Meet with Kali. Kali needs to give me a song by Friday.
- 2022 MARCHING TIGERS LEADERSHIP APPLICATION: Click HERE to fill out the form If you are Interested In any of the following positions: FIELD CONDUCTOR, CAPTAIN, or SECTION LEADER.
- ILMEA AUDITIONS: For those of you taking lessons with me, you may find the schedule HERE. Evan & Madison, please see me regarding ILMEA lessons.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Kali Hinterscher, Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- 2021-22 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS.
- MARCHING TIGERS PICTURE DAY: Tuesday, October 5th at 7am. Please wear your department shirt, shorts, black crew socks, and your marching band shoes.
- NOBLE FREEDOM FESTIVAL PARADE: I know this is a long way off, but I wanted to get a sense of who in the Marching Tigers might be available on July 2nd. The Noble Lions Club will host a parade and festival for the Noble Freedom Festival Parade. Who might be available? You would earn 3 hours of personal time for the 2022-23 school year, and likely free food and drinks! Filling out the survey does not commit you to the date. It just gives me an idea who might be available. Click HERE for your availability.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2021 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, however. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
➢ Happy birthday to Ashley Humes, Mrs. Berry & Mrs. VanGundy today.
➢ The Art Club will have an Art Club meeting during OTE today, Sept. 30th to work on the parade float. Please plan on attending.
➢ ELF Rehearsal has been cancelled for this evening. Please see Mr. Weitkamp in the choir room during OTE to pick up your music script. See you on Monday!
➢ FBLA will be having another homecoming float building party this Friday (Oct. 1) from 5:30-7:30 at Mrs. Stallard's home. Feel free to come anytime. Food and drinks will be provided. If you need directions, see Mrs. Stallard.
➢ ATTENTION!! Any 9th grade student who has not turned in their physical or 12th grade student who has not turned in their MCV4 Meningitis will be excluded on October 15th. This is a State of Illinois law so if the required physical or MCV4 is not received by October 15th those days missed will be unexcused. The student will not have an online or remote option. They will not be allowed to ride the bus, enter the classroom or play any sport. This date cannot be changed as it is set by the State of Illinois so call your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner as soon as possible if you need a physical or the Richland County Health Department if you need your MCV4 Meningitis. They all get extremely busy since the other schools have students calling for these requirements also. If you have any questions about these requirements, call me at 393-2191 ext 3135 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
➢ We will have a 2:00 pm dismissal on Friday, October 1st.
- 1st block: 8:00 - 9:18
- 2nd block: 9:25 - 10:40
- 3rd block: 10:47 - 12:02
- Lunch: 12:03 - 12:42
- 4th block: 12:42 - 2:00
- Bus departs @ 3:00
➢ Olney First Methodist Church is excited to welcome you back for Tuesday Lunches, starting Tuesday, October 5! The first lunch will be pizza! The cost is $3 and there is a sign-up sheet by Mrs Fleming's room. Please sign up if you are planning to come and also put a checkmark next to your name if you will need a ride to get there! We will be parked in the old bus lane in front of the school. Masks will be required in the vehicles to prevent you from having to be quarantined if someone ends up positive in the vehicle you are in. We can't wait to see your smiling faces!
➢ All RCHS students must sign up any non-RCHS student as a guest. Middle school students or any high school dropouts will not be allowed to come as a guest. In addition to signing up the guest, students must take a copy of the “Guest Request Form for Dances” and have it completed by the appropriate people. All completed forms must be turned in to the high school office by Wednesday, October 6th. Failure to follow this process will result in non-admittance of the guest.
➢ Homecoming is quickly approaching! October 3rd - 9th
Here is an overview of the week:
- Monday- Pep Session @ 2pm (no OTA or OTE)
- Class Color Day (Teachers wear black)
- Freshmen - Green
- Sophomores - Blue
- Juniors - Purple
- Seniors - Pink
- Tuesday- Euro-Style Soccer Celebration @ 4:30
- Mismatch Day
- Wednesday- Powder Puff Football Game @ 6
- Vote for King & Queen (during OTA) Costume Day
- Thursday- Boys Volleyball Game - after Varsity game
- Parade Line-Up @ 1:10 with step-off @ 1:30 (no OTA or OTE, classes are 62 minutes)
- Extreme Tiger Spirit Day
- Friday- Coronation at halftime of Football Game
- Saturday- Dance 7 - 9 pm outside in the circle drive
➢ The Community Service OTE will be collecting the following MEN'S new or gently used clothing items starting Wednesday Sept 15th through Friday Oct. 1st. Items collected will be used for the Unity Project's men's clothing give away on Oct 16th. The 3rd block class that has the highest average of points (points/person) will receive an hour lunch (this is a correction from the fliers). The second place class will receive a 50 min lunch. Items being collected are: Men's coats (5 pts), Men's jeans (4 pts), unisex or Men's hoodies (4 pts), New Men's socks (3 pts), unisex or Men's t-shirts (2 pt), and Men's hat's and scarves (1 pt).
➢ Corn dog, baked beans, diced pears and milk
➢ Girls Golf - IHSA 1A Regional @ McLeansboro (Away) TBA
➢ Girls Tennis vs. Salem (Home) 4:30 PM