"Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much." --Helen Keller
Most of you do not have Chopstix memorized. There are even some of you that don't have part, or all, of Ludwig & Wolfgang, Knuckle Concerto, or Claire de Lune memorized.
You have to remember, this is a team sport. We need everyone doing their part for us to be successful. Please take care of business tonight. EVERYBODY - ALL THE TIME.
RCHS BANDS ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Forecast is mostly clear with a high of 59 degrees by 9 am tomorrow morning. It is getting colder!
- If you are interested in auditioning for the 2019-2020 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE, please send me a message on Remind101.
- It is imperative that everyone practice tonight after school! Pay particular attention to Chopstix. We simply do not have the time to work on memorization in class. Learning and memorizing music is the student's responsibility. Rehearsals are for learning how your part fits into the composition, unifying the stylistic approach to the music, and how we move on the field.
- Missing Chopstix homework from Tara Adkins, Evelyn Bogard, Adrian Bower, Alyssa Bryant, Sierra Bryant, Genesis Cadwell, Keara Christopher, Rylan Craig, Josephine Donaldson, Tyler Dowty, Ryan Drummond, Paige Elder, William Fritchley, Colby Garrard, Tessa Hemrich, Arianna Henby, Ashton Hernandez, Madison Hinderliter, Kali Hinterscher, Ben Hout, Evan Irvin, Braeden Jackson, Danielle Jinkins, Alex Keys, Brendan Kirkland, Taylor Klingler, Madison Lee, Chloe McKinney, Ana Mata Perez, Maddi McKinney, Max McVicker, Natalia Mendoza, Brittany Myers, Cassara Randall, Langston Richardson, Gabriel Rodriguez, Will Roth, Bradley Sample, Logan Seessengood, Anna Shultz, Colleen Steber, Connor Summers, Jillian Tyler, Olivia Tyler, Hannah Weston, Izzy Williams, & Victoria Zwilling. (I have entered the Chopstix homework into the gradebook. Turn in your assignment before 11:59 pm today so that you only lose 10% for submitting late. You may submit the assignment anytime this week; however, 10% is deducted for each calendar day that it is late. You are more than welcome to record during lunch or after school. I am at the school until 8 pm today)
- Many of you now have a D or an F in marching band because of assignments that have not yet been turned-in. Please do so, ASAP. If you feel there has been a mistake, you are more than welcome to send me a message. If not, submit the assignment ASAP for credit.
- Sets 0-41 at this weekend's competition. You set the pace of how far we get on the 4th movement!
- 4th movement homework may be turned in late; however, points will be deducted for late submission.
- Unpaid student debt to RCHS Bands went from $3,600.68 to $2,803.52 this week.
- Bus seat reservation available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bvcYTkwqW76yOE29llLeMo1dANJJ_N-fKp-THnuSmuY/edit?usp=sharing
- Fun fact: If Pinocchio says, “My nose will grow now”, it would cause a paradox.
- Goals for this week:
Friday = (OUTSIDE Fundamental Circles + Sets 38-41 + Sets 0-41)
8 AM SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS:
And now a few announcements for today:
Fall sports results and schedule for the week:
- At the Mattoon Invitational X-Country meet last night the girls placed 4th and the boys placed 1st.
- In Frosh football last night, the Tigers defeated Mt. Zion 40-30.
- Tonight we have Boys Golf at Fairfield, Girls Tennis at home against Effingham, Boys soccer at home against Mt. Carmel, and Girls Volleyball at home against Edwards County. This will be the first match of the year in Ron Herrin Gym. Lots going on, so come out and catch some action tonight.
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation