JONES HOME PRINTER
SCANNING INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHROMEBOOK
- Turn on the HP Inkjet 8600 Printer
- Place your document or homework on to the document feeder. The paper(s) face head first into the feeder, with the print facing up.
- On the Chromebook browser, click HERE to open scanning features.
- If your browser says, "Unsafe Connection", go to the instructions below.
- Document Type is on PDF.
- For more scanning features, go to the instructions entitled ADVANCED below.
- Click the Start Scan button at the bottom of the screen
- Once the papers have scanned, right-click on the IMAGE PREVIEW and select SAVE AS.
- Save to the DOWNLOADS FOLDER on the Chromebook.
- Open your email on the Chromebook.
- Select the email that you intend to attach the file. If you are not responding to an email, create/compose a new email.
- Attach the scanned document by clicking on the paper clip.
- Find the scanned document under your DOWNLOADS folder, and click on the file that you want.
- Send away!
The website address to access the HP Inkjet 8600 printer at home is 192.168.254.40
- Click ADVANCED on the Chromebook browser if you see "Your connection is not private".
- Scroll down until you see Proceed to 192.168.254.40 (unsafe). Click on it.
- Color Preference is on Color
- Two Sided is on 1-Sided Original, unless the papers have words on front and back. In that case, select 2-Sided Original.
- Paper Size is Letter (8.5x11")
- Resolution is Text - 300 dpi
- Quality is 75 & Medium
- Lighter/Dark slider is in the middle