Hold on... It's almost time for Honors Wind! See below for more details.
- HOMECOMING: Homecoming Is coming up this week! The band will perform at the pep assembly today (call-time is 1:30pm), and the parade on Thursday. You should know that the band has picked the homecoming queen more times than not. Who are you picking?!
- WEDNESDAY'S REHEARSAL: We will review sets 22A-34A with instruments from 7-8:15am. From 8:15-9am, we will cover sets 1-34A.
- THURSDAY'S REHEARSAL: Kali & friends will continue to teach visuals from 7-7:40am. At 7:40am, we will work on sets 1-34A until 8:20am. From 8:20-9:00 we will focus on sets 34A-36A.
- FRIDAY'S REHEARSAL: No rehearsal.
- VISUALS: Your homework for tonight, practice the visuals for the 1st movement.
- PICTURE DAY: Tuesday, October 12th Is picture day! Mrs. Pampe has graciously offered to take the official 2021 Marching Tigers pictures. Those will take place at 7am on the 12th. Please wear your department shirt, shorts, black crew socks, and your marching band shoes between 7-9am. Colorguard, I know 7-8am is normally your day off (as a way to compensate you for your evening rehearsal); however, we need you to report at 7am in your full colorguard garb and one show silk.
- MARCHING BAND UNIFORMS: The new uniforms will be ready for pickup on Thursday. You will have new uniforms to wear for Effingham!
- TRI-M & BEGINNING BAND: I have started a beginning band at the 7th grade. We also have two 8th grade beginning band students. Because I only see them 2-3 times a week, over a 30-,minute lesson, I would like to create YouTube videos to which they may practice at home. TRI-M, I will contact a number of you about making a short video this week.
- ILMEA MUSIC CUTS: SENIOR WINDS & SENIOR JAZZ
- LMEA AUDITIONS: For those of you taking lessons with me, you may find the schedule HERE. Evan & Madison, please see me regarding ILMEA lessons. AUDITION VIDEOS ARE DUE THIS WEEK. THE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AT 11:59 PM.
- RCHS vs. PARIS & BAND ALUMNI NIGHT: Click HERE for more details.
- EFFINGHAM MARCHING HEARTS INVITATIONAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: Click HERE for the Itinerary.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play. Please meet with Kali regarding the selections. I need to know this week. Meet with Kali. Kali needs to give me a song by Friday.
- 2022 MARCHING TIGERS LEADERSHIP APPLICATION: Click HERE to fill out the form If you are Interested In any of the following positions: FIELD CONDUCTOR, CAPTAIN, or SECTION LEADER.
- 2021-22 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS.
- NOBLE FREEDOM FESTIVAL PARADE: I know this is a long way off, but I wanted to get a sense of who in the Marching Tigers might be available on July 2nd. The Noble Lions Club will host a parade and festival for the Noble Freedom Festival Parade. Who might be available? You would earn 3 hours of personal time for the 2022-23 school year, and likely free food and drinks! Filling out the survey does not commit you to the date. It just gives me an idea who might be available. Click HERE for your availability.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for 9/25, 10/2, & 10/16. We have been assigned a truck instead of a van for 10/2. On this day, many of the adults that would travel on the van will travel on the buses instead. Click HERE to view your bus assignment, or scroll to the bottom of this post.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Kali Hinterscher, Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2021 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, however. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- SPOOKTACULAR APPAREL ORDER FORM: See the form below.
➢ Happy birthday to Aidan Gomez, Bethani Robichaux, Cayti Clark, Connor Erwin, Dakota Mason, Hazel Baker & Mayan Burke yesterday and Jalyn Reynolds & Donna Swinson in the cafeteria today.
➢ Olney First Methodist Church is excited to welcome you back for Tuesday Lunches, starting Tuesday, October 5! The first lunch will be pizza! The cost is $3 and there is a sign-up sheet by Mrs Fleming's room. Please sign up if you are planning to come and also put a checkmark next to your name if you will need a ride to get there! We will be parked in the old bus lane in front of the school. Masks will be required in the vehicles to prevent you from having to be
quarantined if someone ends up positive in the vehicle you are in. We can't wait to see your smiling faces!
➢ There will be no after school tutoring in the Library this week.
➢ The RCHS Marching Tigers performed at the Robinson Marching Maroons Festival this past Saturday, October 2nd. The band ranked third out of high school bands, and best percussion.
➢ The Marching Tigers also performed at the Sage City Invitational in Monticello on Saturday, September 18th with 10 other high school bands. The band placed second in class AA,and best drum major in class."
➢ Travel to the British Isles during the summer of 2023. We will have an informational meeting in the science commons on Wednesday, October 16 at 6:00pm.
➢ ATTENTION!! Any 9th grade student who has not turned in their physical or 12th grade student who has not turned in their MCV4 Meningitis will be excluded on October 15th. This is a State of Illinois law so if the required physical or MCV4 is not received by October 15th those days missed will be unexcused. The student will not have an online or remote option. They will not be allowed to ride the bus, enter the classroom or play any sport. This date cannot be changed as it is set by the State of Illinois so call your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner as soon as possible if you need a physical or the Richland County Health Department if you need your MCV4 Meningitis. They all get extremely busy since the other schools have students calling for these requirements also. If you have any questions about these requirements, call me at 393-2191 ext 3135 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
➢ All RCHS students must sign up any non-RCHS student as a guest. Middle school students or any high school dropouts will not be allowed to come as a guest. In addition to signing up the guest, students must take a copy of the “Guest Request Form for Dances” and have it completed by the appropriate people. All completed forms must be turned in to the high school office by Wednesday, October 6th. Failure to follow this process will result in
non-admittance of the guest.
➢ Homecoming is quickly approaching! October 3rd - 9th Here is an overview of the week:
- Tuesday- Euro-Style Soccer Celebration @ 4:30 & Mismatch Day
- Wednesday- Powder Puff Football Game @ 6 & Vote for King & Queen (during OTA) & Costume Day
- Thursday- Boys Volleyball Game - after Varsity game & Parade Line-Up @ 1:10 with step-off @ 1:30 (no OTA or OTE, classes are 62 minutes). Extreme Tiger Spirit Day
- Friday- Coronation at halftime of Football Game
- Saturday- Dance 7 - 9 pm outside in the circle drive
➢ Hamburger on bun, tater tots, apple and milk
➢ Girls Tennis vs. Centralia (Home) 4:00 PM
➢ Boys Soccer vs. Teutopolis (Home) 4:30 PM
➢ Volleyball vs. Paris (Home) 5:15 PM