- 2023 COCOA BEACH & DISNEY WORLD TRIP: Parent Q&A on Tuesday, October 12th at 6PM in the Richland County Performing Arts Center.
- HOMECOMING: Homecoming Is coming up this week! The band will perform at the pep assembly today (call-time is 1:30pm), and the parade on Thursday. You should know that the band has picked the homecoming queen more times than not. Who are you picking?!
- THURSDAY'S REHEARSAL: Kali & friends will continue to teach visuals from 7-7:40am. At 7:40am, we will work on sets 1-34A until 8:20am. From 8:20-9:00 we will focus on sets 34A-36A.
- FRIDAY'S REHEARSAL: No rehearsal.
- VISUALS: Your homework for tonight, practice the visuals for the 1st movement.
- 4th MOVEMENT: After careful consideration, we will not perform the 4th Movement. We simply do not have the time.
- PICTURE DAY: Tuesday, October 12th Is picture day! Mrs. Pampe has graciously offered to take the official 2021 Marching Tigers pictures. Those will take place at 7am on the 12th. Please wear your department shirt, shorts, black crew socks, and your marching band shoes between 7-9am. Colorguard, I know 7-8am is normally your day off (as a way to compensate you for your evening rehearsal); however, we need you to report at 7am in your full colorguard garb and one show silk.
- MARCHING BAND UNIFORMS: The new uniforms will be ready for pickup on Monday (pickup has been postponed from Thursday of this week). You will have new uniforms to wear for Effingham!
- ILMEA MUSIC CUTS: SENIOR WINDS & SENIOR JAZZ
- LMEA AUDITIONS: For those of you taking lessons with me, you may find the schedule HERE. Evan & Madison, please see me regarding ILMEA lessons. AUDITION VIDEOS ARE DUE THIS WEEK. THE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AT 11:59 PM.
- RCHS vs. PARIS & BAND ALUMNI NIGHT: Click HERE for more details.
- EFFINGHAM MARCHING HEARTS INVITATIONAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: Click HERE for the Itinerary.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play. Please meet with Kali regarding the selections. I need to know this week. Meet with Kali. Kali needs to give me a song by Friday.
- 2022 MARCHING TIGERS LEADERSHIP APPLICATION: Click HERE to fill out the form If you are Interested In any of the following positions: FIELD CONDUCTOR, CAPTAIN, or SECTION LEADER.
- 2021-22 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS.
- NOBLE FREEDOM FESTIVAL PARADE: I know this is a long way off, but I wanted to get a sense of who in the Marching Tigers might be available on July 2nd. The Noble Lions Club will host a parade and festival for the Noble Freedom Festival Parade. Who might be available? You would earn 3 hours of personal time for the 2022-23 school year, and likely free food and drinks! Filling out the survey does not commit you to the date. It just gives me an idea who might be available. Click HERE for your availability.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for 9/25, 10/2, & 10/16. We have been assigned a truck instead of a van for 10/2. On this day, many of the adults that would travel on the van will travel on the buses instead. Click HERE to view your bus assignment, or scroll to the bottom of this post.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Kali Hinterscher, Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2021 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, however. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- SPOOKTACULAR APPAREL ORDER FORM: See the form below.
➢ Happy birthday to Dirks Weiler, Lakken Ralston & Olivia Beal today.
➢ Powder Puff has been postponed due to the weather. The game will be Saturday morning at 10:00.
➢ The travel club will have a meeting on Tuesday, October 12 during OTE in Mr. Dunn‘s room.Any students planning to go on the trip to Ecuador and Galapagos islands or Canada next summer need to attend this meeting.
➢ There will be no after school tutoring in the Library this week.
➢ Travel to the British Isles during the summer of 2023. We will have an informational meeting in the science commons on Wednesday, October 16 at 6:00pm.
➢ ATTENTION!! Any 9th grade student who has not turned in their physical or 12th grade student who has not turned in their MCV4 Meningitis will be excluded on October 15th. This is a State of Illinois law so if the required physical or MCV4 is not received by October 15th those days missed will be unexcused. The student will not have an online or remote option. They will not be allowed to ride the bus, enter the classroom or play any sport. This date cannot be changed as it is set by the State of Illinois so call your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner as soon as possible if you need a physical or the Richland County Health Department if you need your MCV4 Meningitis. They all get extremely busy since the other schools have students calling for these requirements also.
If you have any questions about these requirements, call me at 393-2191 ext 3135 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
➢ All RCHS students must sign up any non-RCHS student as a guest. Middle school students or any high school dropouts will not be allowed to come as a guest. In addition to signing up the guest, students must take a copy of the “Guest Request Form for Dances” and have it completed by the appropriate people. All completed forms must be turned in to the high school office by Wednesday, October 6th. Failure to follow this process will result in non-admittance of the guest.
➢ Homecoming Events for the week of October 3rd - 9th
Here is an overview of the week:
Wednesday- Powder Puff Football Game @ 6 - Postponed until Saturday @ 10:00
Vote for King & Queen (during OTA)
Thursday- Boys Volleyball Game - after Varsity game
Parade Line-Up @ 1:10 with step-off @ 1:30
(no OTA or OTE, classes are 62 minutes)
Extreme Tiger Spirit Day
Friday- Coronation at halftime of Football Game
Saturday- Dance 7 - 9 pm outside in the circle drive
Powder Puff Football Game @ 10:00
➢ Bosco sticks/marinara, carrots & dip, mandarin oranges and milk