- 2023 COCOA BEACH & DISNEY WORLD TRIP: Parent Q&A on Tuesday, October 12th at 6PM in the Richland County Performing Arts Center.
- HOMECOMING: Homecoming Is coming up this week! The band will perform at the pep assembly today (call-time is 1:30pm), and the parade on Thursday. You should know that the band has picked the homecoming queen more times than not. Who are you picking?!
- FRIDAY'S REHEARSAL: No rehearsal.
- VISUALS: Your homework for tonight, practice the visuals for the 1st movement.
- 4th MOVEMENT: After careful consideration, we will not perform the 4th Movement. We simply do not have the time.
- PICTURE DAY: Tuesday, October 12th Is picture day! Mrs. Pampe has graciously offered to take the official 2021 Marching Tigers pictures. Those will take place at 7am on the 12th. Please wear your department shirt, shorts, black crew socks, and your marching band shoes between 7-9am. Colorguard, I know 7-8am is normally your day off (as a way to compensate you for your evening rehearsal); however, we need you to report at 7am in your full colorguard garb and one show silk.
- MARCHING BAND UNIFORMS: The new uniforms will be ready for pickup on Monday (pickup has been postponed from Thursday of this week). You will have new uniforms to wear for Effingham!
- ILMEA MUSIC CUTS: SENIOR WINDS & SENIOR JAZZ
- LMEA AUDITIONS: For those of you taking lessons with me, you may find the schedule HERE. Evan & Madison, please see me regarding ILMEA lessons. AUDITION VIDEOS ARE DUE THIS WEEK. THE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AT 11:59 PM.
- RCHS vs. PARIS & BAND ALUMNI NIGHT: Click HERE for more details.
- EFFINGHAM MARCHING HEARTS INVITATIONAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: Click HERE for the Itinerary.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play. Please meet with Kali regarding the selections. I need to know this week. Meet with Kali. Kali needs to give me a song by Friday.
- 2022 MARCHING TIGERS LEADERSHIP APPLICATION: Click HERE to fill out the form If you are Interested In any of the following positions: FIELD CONDUCTOR, CAPTAIN, or SECTION LEADER.
- 2021-22 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS.
- NOBLE FREEDOM FESTIVAL PARADE: I know this is a long way off, but I wanted to get a sense of who in the Marching Tigers might be available on July 2nd. The Noble Lions Club will host a parade and festival for the Noble Freedom Festival Parade. Who might be available? You would earn 3 hours of personal time for the 2022-23 school year, and likely free food and drinks! Filling out the survey does not commit you to the date. It just gives me an idea who might be available. Click HERE for your availability.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for 9/25, 10/2, & 10/16. We have been assigned a truck instead of a van for 10/2. On this day, many of the adults that would travel on the van will travel on the buses instead. Click HERE to view your bus assignment, or scroll to the bottom of this post.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Kali Hinterscher, Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2021 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, however. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- SPOOKTACULAR APPAREL ORDER FORM: See the form below.
➢ Happy Birthday to Braxton Pittman, Isabelle Conn & Lyndsey Akes today, Aidan Weidner,Carson Bissey, Karlee Bissey, Ethan Haley, Jadyn Holubek, Jason Lathrop & our nurse Cheryl Wall tomorrow, Kaitlyn Dowty, Levi Egleston & Mr. Ryden on Sunday.
➢ We will have a 2:00 pm dismissal today, September 17th.
1st block: 8:00 - 9:18
2nd block: 9:25 - 10:40
3rd block: 10:47 - 12:02
Lunch: 12:03 - 12:42
4th block: 12:42 - 2:00
Bus departs @ 3:00
➢ Picture day for all grades will be on September 28th. Senior Girls need to wear a tank that can be pulled off the shoulders. Senior Guys need to wear a white tshirt.
➢ The Drama Club Executive Council will meet in the RCPAC Friday during OTE in order to prepare for the video production next week and finalize audition information.
➢ ELF: The Musical Auditions will be after school on MONDAY, September 20th in the RCPAC. Please bring a prepared song, cut, and audition paperwork that is SIGNED by a parent or guardian. Please see Mrs. Ginder with questions.
➢ The Community Service OTE will be collecting the following MEN'S new or gently used clothing items starting Wednesday Sept 15th through Friday Oct. 1st. Items collected will be used for the Unity Project's men's clothing give away on Oct 16th. The 3rd block class that has the highest average of points (points/person) will receive an hour lunch (this is a correction from the fliers). The second place class will receive a 50 min lunch. Items being collected are: Men's coats (5 pts), Men's jeans (4 pts), unisex or Men's hoodies (4 pts), New Men's socks (3 pts), unisex or Men's t-shirts (2 pt), and Men's hat's and scarves (1 pt).
➢ The JROTC store is now open during passing periods and at lunch.
➢ 2021 Olnean Yearbooks are here!!!! You can pick yours up AFTER SCHOOL ONLY in the Yearbook room (next to the Library) any day this week!
➢ There are cups and pitchers of water available in the cafeteria for students. The office and the nurse no longer have bottles available.
➢ Bobe's Pizza in Olney is hiring delivery, kitchen, and customer service positions!
Customer Service: minimum wage + tips
Delivery: minimum wage + tips + $2 driver reimbursement
Kitchen: starts at minimum wage
Job perks: flexible schedule, free food on shift, and opportunity to start a Simple IRA retirement savings plan with up to 3% match.
Apply online at http://bobespizza.net/careers/ or visit Bobe's Pizza with further questions!
➢ Pepperoni pizza, salad, apple slices and milk
➢ Volleyball - Charleston Tournament (Away) TBA
➢ Boys Golf - Paris Invitational (Away) @ 8:30 AM
➢ Boys/Girls Cross Country - Olney Invitational (Home) @ 9:30 AM
➢ JV Football vs. Pinckneyville (Away) @ 10:00 AM
➢ Boys Soccer vs. St. Anthony (Away) @ 11:00 AM
➢ Varsity Football vs. Pinckneyville (Away) @ 1:00 PM