Tomorrow's rehearsal plan:
7:00-7:59 = Test over memorization (Clocks or Time of Your Life). While the test is being administered, winds & front ensemble are outside, drumline in the theater, and guard on the grass portion of the circle drive. The focus is over movements 1, 2, & 3.
8-8:29 = March across the field to movements 1 & 2
8:30-9:05 = March sets 1-20a
- Since 2pm, I awarded 1 point to each section that had turned in all required items (handbook form & payments). Congratulations to the "battle-of-the-band" recipients trumpets, drumline, flutes, front ensemble, and clarinets!
- Student-leadership, based on your feeback, we will meet on Thursday, September 1st during lunch to discuss The Twin Thieves. There will be pizza and sodas provided! Please read chapters 1-7. Combined, these chapters are only 29 pages, and the font is big.
- Missing your flip folder and lyre? There are three flip folders/lyres on the white board in the band room.
- Order your A Matter of Time show-attire RCHS Marching Tigers ballcap, & the department attire now by clicking HERE.
- Be ready for a playing test over Clocks or Time of Your Life tomorrow.
- OTE Jazz Band, you will report to the band room during OTE today with instruments!
- EIU HONOR JAZZ COMBO DAY: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Monday, November 7th. Click HERE for more information.
- EIU HIGH SCHOOL HONOR BAND FESTIVAL: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Saturday, December 10th. Click HERE for more information.
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th REHEARSAL: We will rehearse from 9:30am - 12:00pm. The focus is the third movement (Yesterday). Progress test over the third movement (marching) on Monday.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, what would you like to play for the final performance? Start thinking about it now!
- 2021-22 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for competitions. Parents are welcome to travel with us in the school van. Click HERE to view your bus assignment. THIS SPREADSHEET IS NOW OPEN!
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2022 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. Many of you also earned 1-2 hours of personal time for perfect (or near perfect) attendance for practices from July 25th to August 13th. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, rehearsals before a performance, or for other classes. Click HERE to view your available personal time.