Band, thank you for the hard work today. I am excited to see what happens if you keep up this pace! Here, my friends, is your daily bulletin for 9/13:
- Special thanks to Arianna, Evelyn, Sophia, Rylan, & Evan for helping me paint the practice field!
- TUESDAY'S REHEARSAL: We are focusing on The Greatest Show, This Is Me, & Never Enough/From Now On from 7-8am. While the rehearse as a group on the tennis courts, each member of the winds will step out and record themselves performing Never Enough/From Now On from memory. A camcorder will be set up not far from our practice area. Percussion and front ensemble shall be assessed by their instructors. We will clean the drill from sets 1-22A from 8-9am.
- WEDNESDAY'S REHEARSAL: Marching fundamentals, clean sets 1-22A, & learn sets 22A-26
- THURSDAY'S REHEARSAL: Marching fundamentals, clean sets 1-22A, review sets 22A-26 & learn sets 26-29.
- FRIDAY'S REHEARSAL: Clean 1-22A, & review 22A-29 (time permitting)
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: New bus assignments! Click HERE to sign-up for a seat. Remove your name from the list under tab 1 entitled "BAND BUS 1" and select a seat on either BUS 1 or BUS 2. BUS 2 may be found on tab two. Students may select their names until 10am on Wednesday, at which point Mr. Jones will assign you to a seat. This shall be the seating for the remainder of the season.
- SAGE CITY INVITATIONAL: Click HERE for the updated itinerary.
- MISSING ASSIGNMENTS: Review SkyWard for any missing assignments, such as your Handbook Confirmation Form, Set Markings, Memorization Tests, etc. You still have time to complete those assignments and raise your grades!
- SET MARKINGS IN THE 3RD MVT: Didn't pass this assignment on Tuesday? You have another chance tomorrow. See either Mr. Vaal or Mr. Jones.
- PARENT-VOLUNTEERS: Folks, we need parents to help set props on 9/18. Any and every help would be greatly appreciated!
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play.
- JAZZ BAND: The Marching Tigers is not the only band in session this quarter! The Jazz Band has started up during OTE. We are in need of more trumpets, trombones, and a drumset player. We also need a pianist. If you are interested, we would love to have you! We are playing The "S" Is Silent, Front Burner, & Groovin Hard, to name a few.
- ILMEA AUDITIONS: Riley, Emma, Evan, Victoria, Jozalyn, Arianna, Carly, & Madison, please see me regarding ILMEA lessons this week. Check your school email address for ore information, or search "ILMEA LESSONS 2021" on your Google Drive.