- Tomorrow's rehearsal schedule is listed above. This schedule is subject to change, should the need arise.
- EXCUSED ABSENCE REQUEST FORM: Should you need to miss an event due to illness, another school event, or a once-in-a-lifetime event, please fill out the following form. You must first log into your rccu1 account before clicking on the link. Make sure to review the RCHS Bands handbook on the website, and to contact Mr. Jones after completing the form. Click HERE to access the form.
- Bring cash to competitions. Many competitions won't accept debit/credit cards.
- PANTHER MARCHING BAND INVITATIONAL (9/25): Click HERE for the day's schedule. There will be two buses that day. One will return to EIU at 6:15 PM. The other will return at 10:30 PM. Please fill out the following form so that we can determine our transportation needs by clicking HERE.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY: On September 28, 2022 from 12:30-3:30, the EIU faculty has organized an audition prep day for ALL levels and ensembles! IT IS FREE! This is a great opportunity to get your students prepared for auditions and getting that video just right so we have full, successful District Festivals this year. Please message me
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The audition music is over Time of Your Life and the ILMEA scales mm. 1-6.
- STUDENT LEADERSHIP: We will meet on Thursday, September 22nd during lunch to discuss The Twin Thieves. I am open to food ideas. Please read chapters 20-28. I would like to meet every Thursday during lunch during the 1st term.
- Missing items? Check the band's lost and found outside of the music office.
- ILMEA AUDITION CUTS: ILMEA has narrowed the audition material. Visit https://ilmea.org/5auditions for more details.
- EIU HONOR JAZZ COMBO DAY: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Monday, November 7th. Click HERE for more information.
- EIU HIGH SCHOOL HONOR BAND FESTIVAL: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Saturday, December 10th. Click HERE for more information.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, what would you like to play for the final performance? Start thinking about it now!
- NO GUM! Just a reminder that gum is prohibited (in mouth or not) in the music department. I am aware that gum is allowed in the other parts of the school, and that the school handbook doesn't say anything about gum. However, gum can cause serious damage to an instrument (especially woodwinds). Also, I just scraped three pieces of gum off the band room floor.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2022 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. Many of you also earned 1-2 hours of personal time for perfect (or near perfect) attendance for practices from July 25th to August 13th. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, rehearsals before a performance, or for other classes. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- Order your A Matter of Time show-attire RCHS Marching Tigers ball-cap, & the department attire now by clicking HERE. I updated the form as of 8/25 to include the ball-cap. The front of the ball-cap will have our "O" logo (as seen below). The back of the cap will say "Marching Tigers" in white (no picture of this one yet - sorry). The ball-cap will not contain the music department logo. The cost for ball-caps is $40. Sousaphones, your caps are free; however, I still need you to fill out the form for sizes.
- COLOR GUARD: You were exempt from Tuesdays and Thursdays practices from 7-8am to compensate for the two hour evening rehearsals. Because your evening practices are now only 1.5 hours, I am modifying your schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You will still report to class at 8am on Tuesdays; however, from this point forward, you need to report on Thursdays at 7:30am. If a member of the color guard is not able to attend a portion, or all, of an evening rehearsal, that individual will make up your time between Tuesday from 7-8, and/or Thursday from 7-7:30.
- The music commons is available to use during lunch!