- TODAY'S REHEARSAL: The good news Is that we started out strong! There were a lot of really good things going on from 7-8am. The bad news is that several people were tardy today, and we were not focused from 8-9am. I am going to chalk this up to being a Monday. That being said, let's make sure that we are using A+ effort tomorrow!
- TUESDAY'S REHEARSAL: I am in Springfield tomorrow. Mr. Vaal and Mrs. Deimel will oversee the rehearsal in my absence. Sectionals from 7-8am, winds and percussion will focus on all three movements. Please ensure that the music is memorized. Focus on balance, dynamics, articulations, and blend. No props.
- WEDNESDAY'S REHEARSAL: Focus on sets 22A-30. Review 1-22A. All with props and instruments.
- THURSDAY'S REHEARSAL: Full ensemble rehearsal from 7-8am on the tennis courts. We will continue memorization check over the third movement. We are on the field from 8-9 reviewing and cleaning sets 1-30.
- FRIDAY'S REHEARSAL: Hopefully, we can use the stadium field. The focus Is on sets 1-34A.
- BOOSTER T-SHIRTS: Max McVicker, Mallory Miller, & Bailey Snyder have clothing items to pick up from the booster shirt sale.
- TRI-M & BEGINNING BAND: I have started a beginning band at the 7th grade. We also have two 8th grade beginning band students. Because I only see them 2-3 times a week, over a 30-,minute lesson, I would like to create YouTube videos to which they may practice at home. TRI-M, I will contact a number of you about making a short video this week.
- PEP BAND TUESDAY: Sorry, folks. We did not have enough students interested in performing with Marshall High School tomorrow to justify reserving a vehicle. However, you are welcome to join them on your own. The volleyball game starts at 6:30 pm on the campus of Marshall High School. The game doubles as a fundraiser for a former band student that is experiencing severe health issues. They don't have any space for percussionists or bass players. However, they would welcome more horn players.
- ILMEA MUSIC CUTS: SENIOR WINDS & SENIOR JAZZ
- SATURDAY'S PERFORMANCE: We will perform The Greatest Show, This Is Me, & Never Enough/From Now On Saturday. The goal is to march all three movements.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for 9/25, 10/2, & 10/16. We have been assigned a truck instead of a van for 10/2. On this day, many of the adults that would travel on the van will travel on the buses instead. Click HERE to view your bus assignment, or scroll to the bottom of this post.
- NEWTON MARCHING EAGLES CLASSIC & THE ROBINSON MARCHING MAROONS BAND FESTIVAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- EFFINGHAM MARCHING HEARTS INVITATIONAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: Click HERE for the Itinerary.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play. Please meet with Kali regarding the selections. I need to know this week.
- ILMEA AUDITIONS: For those of you taking lessons with me, you may find the schedule HERE. Evan & Madison, please see me regarding ILMEA lessons.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Kali Hinterscher, Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2021 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, however. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- RCHS Band Program | Olney IL
- 2022 Marching Band Season Information
- Announcements / Itineraries
- Marching Tigers Daily Bulletins
- 2022-2023 Calendar
- Tri-M Chapter 8170
Music History / Origins of Jazz & Rock Lectures
- Music History - Lecture #1 The Power of Music
- Music History - Lecture #2 Rhythm, Melody, & Harmony
- Music History - Lecture #3 Dynamics, Timbre, & the Voice
- Music History - Lecture #4 Tambre, Fundamental, & Overtones
- Music History - Lecture #5 Instruments of the Orchestra
- Music History - Lecture #6 Musical Textures
- Music History - Lecture #7 Form
- Music History - Lecture #8 Pop vs. Classical
- Musical Glossary for Kids
- SPRING 2021 CONCERT RECORDING
- 4-Year Sample Schedules
- Syllabi & Handbook
- Music Course Offerings
- Makeup Assignments for Approved Absences from Performance
- Excused Absence Request Forms >
- Lesson Sign-Up
- Practice Room Sign-Out
- Summer Music Camp Application
- OTA Band Pass Form
- Vic Firth Percussion Video Tutorials
- Vic Firth: Drumset Grooves
- Online Metronome
- Online Tuner
- Origins of Jazz & Rock - Listening Assignments
- Music History / Origins of Jazz & Rock Lectures >
- Hall of Fame
- RCHS Homepage
- The Olney Music Boosters Camp Scholarship Applications
- Contact Us & Staff Bios