- Tomorrow's rehearsal schedule is listed above. This schedule is subject to change, should the need arise.
- REPAINT THE FIELD: Captains and field conductor, you folks will paint the field tomorrow (Thursday). As soon as you get to the school, please see me for keys and make your way to the field.
- The bosses have signed off on it. Band kiddos can eat in the music commons during lunch! This is only for band and choir kids.
- Homecoming is right around the corner. You may find the schedule for the week at the bottom of this post.
- PERFORM WITH THE EIU PANTHER MARCHING BAND: The performance is this Saturday with the EIU Panther Marching Band! For sheet music and guard work, click HERE.
- MAKE-UP TEST WEDNESDAY: Get Ready 4 This for front ensemble
- RETESTS: Retests for 20a-26a are on the Wednesday after Labor Day. Front ensemble will test over. This test was pushed back one day.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY: On September 28, 2022 from 12:30-3:30, the EIU faculty has organized an audition prep day for ALL levels and ensembles! IT IS FREE! This is a great opportunity to get your students prepared for auditions and getting that video just right so we have full, successful District Festivals this year!!! https://www.eiu.edu/music/machform/view.php?id=31710. Please message Mr. Jones if you plan on attending.
- ETYMOTICS: We are ordering musician earplugs. They run from $10-$15. The cost of the order depends on how many students purchase musician earplugs. Want a pair? Fill out the order form HERE. LAST CALL!
- STUDENT LEADERSHIP: We will meet on Thursday, September 8th during lunch to discuss The Twin Thieves. I am open to food ideas. Please read chapters 8-14. I would like to meet every Thursday during lunch during the 1st term.
- Order your A Matter of Time show-attire RCHS Marching Tigers ball-cap, & the department attire now by clicking HERE. I updated the form as of 8/25 to include the ball-cap. The front of the ball-cap will have our "O" logo (as seen below). The back of the cap will say "Marching Tigers" in white (no picture of this one yet - sorry). The ball-cap will not contain the music department logo. The cost for ball-caps is $40. Sousaphones, your caps are free; however, I still need you to fill out the form for sizes.
- Missing items? Check the band's lost and found outside of the music office.
- EIU HONOR JAZZ COMBO DAY: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Monday, November 7th. Click HERE for more information.
- EIU HIGH SCHOOL HONOR BAND FESTIVAL: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Saturday, December 10th. Click HERE for more information.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, what would you like to play for the final performance? Start thinking about it now!
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS.
- NO GUM! Just a reminder that gum is prohibited (in mouth or not) in the music department. I am aware that gum is allowed in the other parts of the school, and that the school handbook doesn't say anything about gum. However, gum can cause serious damage to an instrument (especially woodwinds). Also, I just scraped three pieces of gum off the band room floor.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2022 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. Many of you also earned 1-2 hours of personal time for perfect (or near perfect) attendance for practices from July 25th to August 13th. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, rehearsals before a performance, or for other classes. Click HERE to view your available personal time.