- PEP BAND TUESDAY: The Marshall High School Band program has invited winds from RCHS to join them at Tuesday's game. The volleyball game starts at 6:30 pm on the campus of Marshall High School. The game doubles as a fundraiser for a former band student that is experiencing severe health issues. Please let me know if you are interested in playing pep band music and having a good time! We would travel in the activity bus. Departure is 4:30. Click HERE to sign up.
- ILMEA Music Cuts: SENIOR WINDS & SENIOR JAZZ
- HOMEWORK: Watch our performance at the Monticello competition. Complete the assignment under https://www.rccu1.schoology.com. Click HERE to view the video. The assignment is due by Wednesday at 11:59pm.
- SATURDAY'S PERFORMANCE: We will perform The Greatest Show, This Is Me, & Never Enough/From Now On Saturday. However. We are not ready to march anything past set 22A. Instead, after marching sets 1-22A, we will park-and-play the third movement.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for 9/25, 10/2, & 10/16. We have been assigned a truck instead of a van for 10/2. On this day, many of the adults that would travel on the van will travel on the buses instead. Click HERE to view your bus assignment, or scroll to the bottom of this post.
- Trumpets & trombones under the direction of Madison Hinderliter
- Baritones under the direction of Mallory Miller
- Tenor saxes, bari sax, and sousaphones under the direction of Evan Irvin
- OLNEY FALL FESTIVAL & the PANTHER MARCHING BAND FESTIVAL: Click HERE for the itinerary
- NEWTON MARCHING EAGLES CLASSIC & THE ROBINSON MARCHING MAROONS BAND FESTIVAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- EFFINGHAM MARCHING HEARTS INVITATIONAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: Click HERE for the Itinerary.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play.
- ILMEA AUDITIONS: For those of you taking lessons with me, you may find the schedule HERE. Evan & Madison, please see me regarding ILMEA lessons.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Kali Hinterscher, Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2021 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, however. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- EASTERN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA: "I wanted to invite you to my first Orchestra concert on Sunday, October 10th at 4 pm. We are playing two works based on the opera Carmen as well as a violin and piano concerto by Mendelssohn. In addition, we are playing the entirety of Beethoven's First Symphony. You could also mention it to any of the band kids that would like to come up for it. Student prices are $5 a piece. And if you had any students interested in Eastern, for band, or for choir, I would be more than happy to give them my penny tour of the fine arts center. If you have any questions about the concert or would like more information, just let me know." - Ethan Steber, class of 2019 (Please message Mr. Jones if you are interested. If enough of you are interested, transportation may be provided)
- MILLIKIN UNIVERSITY & THE DALLAS WINDS ON 10/25: Message me if you are interested. See the poster below for more details.
➢ Happy Birthday to Dakota Wood & Jeremiah Duncan today, Caden Kocher tomorrow, Braelynn Brown, Coyt Baize, Mackenzie Smith & Matthew Wenger on Sunday!
➢ All RCHS students must sign up any non-RCHS student as a guest. Middle school students or any high school dropouts will not be allowed to come as a guest. In addition to signing up the guest, students must take a copy of the “Guest Request Form for Dances” and have it completed by the appropriate people. All completed forms must be turned in to the high school office by Wednesday, October 6th. Failure to follow this process will result in non-admittance of the guest.
➢ First United Methodist Church will be starting their Tuesday lunch program on the 1st Tuesday
in October. There will be a sign-up sheet in Mrs. Fleming’s classroom starting next week.
➢ Homecoming is quickly approaching! October 3rd - 9th Here is an overview of the week:
- Monday- Pep Session @ 2pm (no OTA or OTE)
- Class Color Day (Teachers wear black)
- Freshmen - Green
- Sophomores - Blue
- Juniors - Purple
- Seniors - Pink
- Tuesday- Euro-Style Soccer Celebration @ 4:30
- Mismatch Day
- Wednesday- Powder Puff Football Game @ 6
- Vote for King & Queen (during OTA)
- Costume Day
- Thursday- Boys Volleyball Game - after Varsity game
- Parade Line-Up @ 1:10 with step-off @ 1:30
- (no OTA or OTE, classes are 62 minutes)
- Extreme Tiger Spirit Day
- Friday- Coronation at halftime of Football Game
- Saturday- Dance 7 - 9 pm outside in the circle drive
➢ The RCHS Percussion (Drumline and Front Ensemble) will perform this Friday, September 24th, in the circle drive on the north side of Richland County High School. Enjoy some great rhythms from 5 to 7 p.m. Percussion fan t-shirts will be available for order. Rain date is October 1st. Bring the whole family and be prepared to have some fun!
➢ FBLA will be having a weiner roast and homecoming float building party this Friday (Sept. 24) from 5:30-8:00 at Mrs. Stallard's home. Feel free to come anytime. Food and drinks will be provided. If you need directions, see Mrs. Stallard.
➢ The RCHS Marching Tigers performed at the Jasper County Fall Festival parade on Saturday,
September 11th. The band ranked third out of high school bands, and best percussion.
➢ The Marching Tigers also performed at the Sage City Invitational in Monticello on Saturday, September 18th. The band placed fourth out of high school bands, 3rd for drumline, 2nd for color guard, 2nd for drum major, and 3rd for music.
➢ Freshman class officers need to meet during OTE in room 214 (Lathrop) to discuss homecoming.
➢ Any boys interested in playing in the Homecoming Boys Volleyball Game on Thursday, Oct 7th, should sign up in the front office. Permission slips must be completed and returned to the office prior to practicing or playing
➢ Homecoming Week is quickly approaching. The PowderPuff Football Game will be held on Wed Oct 6th at 6:00. Girls wanting to play must sign-up in advance. Seniors can sign-up with Reese Smith, Marni Burgener, or in the Main Office. Juniors can sign-up with Caroline Glover, Taylor Runyon, or in the Main Office. The cost is $15 and must be paid when you sign-up. A permission slip is required to practice and play. The last day to sign-up is Tues Sept 28th.
➢ Picture day for all grades will be on September 28th. Senior Girls need to wear a tank that can be pulled off the shoulders. Senior Guys need to wear a white tshirt.
➢ The Community Service OTE will be collecting the following MEN'S new or gently used clothing items starting Wednesday Sept 15th through Friday Oct. 1st. Items collected will be used for the Unity Project's men's clothing give away on Oct 16th. The 3rd block class that has the highest average of points (points/person) will receive an hour lunch (this is a correction from the fliers). The second place class will receive a 50 min lunch. Items being collected are: Men's coats (5 pts), Men's jeans (4 pts), unisex or Men's hoodies (4
pts), New Men's socks (3 pts), unisex or Men's t-shirts (2 pt), and Men's hat's and scarves (1 pt).
➢ Cheese pizza, salad, apple slices and milk
➢ Boys Golf - Charleston Tourney (Away) 1:00 PM
➢ Varsity Football vs. Marshall (Away) 7:00 PM
➢ Girls Tennis - Centralia Annie Invitational (Away) 9:00 AM
➢ F/S Volleyball - Effingham Tri-Match (Away) TBA
➢ Boys Soccer vs. Charleston (Away) 11:00 AM