1 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
2 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello
SEPTEMBER 20, 2023..........ILMEA Audition Prep Day on the campus of Eastern IL Univ.
7 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 23, 2023..........Marching Maroons Band Festival in Robinson
7:00-7:14......Travel in parade block B to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-7:44......Learn sets 21a-28, no instruments.
7:45-9:00......Clean sets 1-21a, with instruments. We will park-and-bark the third movement at Saturday's competition.
Clean sets 1-21a for Saturday's performance
Review sets 21a-28
- 2023 MARCHING BAND COMPETITIONS: All performance schedules are in! See below for more details.
- TOWER & FIELD: As everyone knows, tomorrow is a home varsity football game, which means we have to move the tower. I would also like to take the opportunity to paint the field. We are flipping the field so that the home sideline faces towards the retirement home. The plan is to move the tower and paint the field over OTE. Jazz Band will not rehearse tomorrow.
- OLNEY FALL FUN FESTIVAL: I regret to say that the RCHS Marching Tigers will not perform at the 2023 Olney Fall Fun Festival. Unfortunately, the band has been scheduled to perform at an earlier time at Eastern IL. University than we have in prior years. Due to this conflict, we are unable to perform at the Olney City Park event. The high school choir, however, will perform at 8:30 a.m., before we depart to Charleston. We simply could not fit a performance from the band and choir without the band being late to EIU.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: Last call! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- OVERDUE PLAYING TESTS: Should you have any outstanding playing tests, those tests need to be completed during OTA Friday.
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at email@example.com, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- SAGE CITY INVITATIONAL ON 9/16: This is our first marching band competition! The date of this competition in Monticello, IL is September 16th. Click HERE for more information.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY AT EIU: The clinic is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2023 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. We will depart RCHS at around 11:15 a.m. to allow time for lunch and the drive to Charleston, IL. We will return at 5:00 p.m. Seven people are attending the trip to EIU. Those people are Jereme Higginbotham, Emma Wells, Evey Mason, Ethan Zuber, Aidan Gomez, Callista Ridgely, and Addison Ridgely. If you are auditioning for band or orchestra, you my print the music by clicking HERE
- MARCHING MAROONS BAND FESTIVAL ON 9/23: Click HERE for more information.
- OLNEY ARTS FESTIVAL ON 9/30: Click HERE for more information.
- MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC ON 10/7: This is our last competition of the season! It also is a short day for the band. Please click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Our weekly leadership council lunch/book chat is tomorrow. The assigned readings are chapters 14-21.
- BUS SEATING: Click HERE to view the seating for away trips. There are open seats for parents. The van is first-come-first-serve for parents wishing to attend.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- INTONATION ON SCALES: Refine intonation tendencies over concert E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement). It would benefit the band greatly if all winds would practice the scales with a tuner at home before rehearsals. The more in-tune we are, the better we will blend, and the louder we will sound.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- DEPARTMENT HOODIE: Mrs. Deimel has an extra-large department hoodie available for $30. First come, first serve! Talk to Mrs. Deimel if you are interested.
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Freshman class officers need to meet with Profe Lathrop in room 211 during OTE today.
- There will be an FBLA competitive event meeting today during lunch in Room 206. This meeting is for anyone who is interested in the competitive component of FBLA.
- There will be an FFA chapter meeting today during OTE in the PAC.
- Students, this is a reminder that you are not to park in the north parking lot. Student parking is available in the south lot (by main entrance), P Lot, and on some of the side streets.
- Sign up sheets and permission slips are in the office for any junior or senior girl that wants to participate in powderpuff this year! You must have a permission slip to attend practices and be apart of the team. The last day to sign up is Tuesday the 19th. The cost is $10 and needs to be turned in to the office when you turn in your permission slips. If anyone has any questions email or ask Josie Lyttle or Mckenna Snider.
- Students, be sure to check our announcements and Tiger shout outs that scroll on our T.V.’s. Congratulations to Elizabeth Bahl and Sean Joyce for being recognized as the Artists of the Week. You can see examples of their artwork on the OTN TVs.
- Tiger roars go out to our Tiger Golf squad as they defeated Flora and Lawrenceville yesterday. Aaron Klingler was dialed in yesterday as he made a hole in one and shot a round of 44. Do you know that the odds of making a hole in one for an ameteur golfer is 12,500 to 1? Nicely done Aaron!! Speaking of dialed in - Ayden Nealis shot a one under par round of 35 yesterday. Reese Glover finished with a 42, and Tristan Mitchell shot a 43.
- Our Tiger Soccer squad tied with Marion yesterday 3 to 3. Paolo Ronaldo scored 2 goals and had one assist. Owen Kocher netted one goal as well.
- Tiger good luck wishes go out to our Lady Tiger Golfers as they are on the road to Mt. Carmel today.
- Today is Thursday folks - it’s time for Trivia Thursday. Today’s trivia is sponsored by Mr. Ridge Meadows. First two that respond to Mr. Houchin with the correct answer will get some grub. Here we go : Which term is defined as green fodder compacted and stored in airtight conditions, typically in a silo, without first being dried, and used as animal feed in the winter?
Have a great day today. You are in control of your actions, do what’s right - make today 1% better than yesterday, and remember everyday is a great day when you are an Olney Tiger!!