- Each section meets at the designated time listed below the meme. Percussion includes drumline and front ensemble. Woodwinds include flutes, clarinets, and saxophones. Brass includes trumpets, trombones, baritones, and sousaphones. The purpose of this meeting is so that we may take care of passing out music, lockers, instruments, flip folders, lyres, etc., as well as registering for online resources. You also have the opportunity to meet your student leadership for the first time!
- For those that performed in the RCHS Disney Band in June, your recorded performance premieres in the Richland County Performing Arts Center (RCPAC) tomorrow at 4 pm
- Please bring your medical insurance card to Logistics Day
- You need access to your rccu1.net accounts tomorrow
- Payment for the class fee and clothing orders are due July 7, 2023. You may pay by cash or check tomorrow. Payment by credit or debit card may be made after July 5th
- I have given your section leaders your home phone number. They will touch base with you within a week or two. They are here to answer any questions you may have, and to help.
- We will meet in the Music Commons. You may enter through the band room glass doors adjacent to the RCHS circle drive, or through the main entrances. The music department sits alongside the theater.
Here is your 2023 show:
I Dreamed A Dream https://www.jwpepper.com/sheet-music/media-player.jsp?&type=audio&productID=2294957
Dream On https://www.jwpepper.com/sheet-music/media-player.jsp?&type=audio&productID=10274255
The Nightmare Before Christmas (starting at 1:07)
Good Night, Sleep Tight https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0031/0414/5481/files/1-Good_Night_Sleep_Tight.mp3?16906398080880980128
We will walk through the items listed below during the course of tomorrow's meeting. However, please feel free to review them before hand.
I look forward to seeing you all soon! Please don't hesistate to contact me. I may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Remind, Thrillshare, or by calling (618) 393-2191 ext. 3153.
- Mr. Jones
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? This includes the upcoming Logistics Day. Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PARENT-PREVIEW PERFORMANCE: This performance is our first of the year! This event concludes the Marching Tigers preseason camp, and is open to all Marching Tigers friends and family! Save the date for Friday, August 4th, 2023 at 6 pm on our practice stadium.
- HALLOWEEN PARADE TUNE: It's time to pick our Halloween Parade tune! Take a look at the following tunes. Pick any song except Avengers! Click HERE for the sheet music.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS.
- Make sure to purchase a large water cooler (at least 1 quart), sun screen, and good tennis shoes for the upcoming preseason camp.
- Missing items? Lost items have been relocated to the Lost-&-Found outside of the high school office
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you still have personal time from last year. For those of you that performed at the 2023 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for the preseason camp, performances, rehearsals before a performance, or for other classes. I recommend saving your personal time for days you need extra time to study, etc. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- DRIVERS NEEDED! We need back up drivers that are able to drive a 42 foot trailer. If you have a family member or a truck driver in the family, please encourage them to volunteer as a back up driver for the Marching Tigers. Mr. Deimel is our primary driver. Mr. Doan from the bus barn, is a back-up driver. However, if neither of them are available for a competition, we need someone to step in. Please have your family member email me at email@example.com if they are available. Family members may also call (618) 393-2191 ext. 3153.