CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT 2022 MARCHING BAND SEASON. AS OF TUESDAY, THE SEASON IS OVER. THIS IS YOUR LAST DAILY BULLETIN FOR 2022!
- HOUCH IN THE COUCH
- RADIOACTIVE IODINE PROCEDURE: Folks, I am finally able to undergo radioactive iodine treatment. I will be away from school Monday, Oct. 17th through Wednesday, October 26th. I will not take the radioactive iodine until Wednesday, but I have to travel to Springfield for the two Thyrogen shots and blood-work on Monday and Tuesday. That means that I will be at the Final Performance, but not much beyond that. The Honors Wind Ensemble will not meet until October 31st (don't forget to audition before the 27th!). The Symphonic Band will be student-led by Emma and Jozalyn, with the goal of learning the Fright Night, Veterans Day (ceremony & parade), and Christmas (parade) music. Kyle will lead the jazz band in my absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Results publish at noon today.
- RCHS vs NEWTON FOOTBALL GAME & 8TH GRADE BAND NIGHT: On October 14th, 2022, band students from RCMS and St. Joe are invited to perform with the RCHS Marching Tigers! Clicking HERE for more information.
- NEWTON MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC: On October 15th, 2022 from 10:00am-5:30pm. Clicking HERE for more information.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: Click HERE for the Itinerary.
- NOT IN A BAND DURING THE 2ND TERM: If you are not in either the Symphonic Band, Honors Wind Ensemble, or the Jazz Band during the 2nd term, please turn in your school instrument, lyre, flip folder, tuner, and clear out your locker.
- HOMEWORK: Each of you has one more written assignment before the end of the term. Pick at least two judges tapes and fill out the following AAR form. You may find the judges recordings HERE. The AAR form may be found under www.rccu1.schoology.com.
- 2023 LEADERSHIP AUDITIONS: The FIELD CONDUCTOR AUDITIONS will include directing Avengers! Please see Jozalyn & Emma to record the speeches. Auditions are tomorrow, October 13th. SECTION LEADER AUDITIONS are on SmartMusic. To complete the ILMEA scales (mm. 1-6) of the audition, simply log into your SmartMusic account. The test is ready for you. CAPTAIN AUDITIONS will be recorded (both the speeches and the execution of verbal commands. Please see Jozalyn & Emma for more details. All video recordings (not including SmartMusic) will be made available to the band so that current freshman, sophomores, and juniors may cast their votes on the intra-web. Sorry, seniors. Stay tuned to cast your vote!
- CHRISTMAS PARADE IN CASEY, IL: You cast your votes, and the results are a land-slide! 90% of you voted to march in the Casey Christmas Parade on Friday, December 2nd. I have added the performance to our calendar. Those that are not in band during that term may join us, provided that you practice the music on your own. Stay tuned for more details!
- LUNCH IN THE BAND ROOM: Unfortunately, the band room is not open this week during lunch, except for Thursdays for the leadership-counsel meeting. The band room will be available again next week.
- HALLOWEEN PARADE TUNE: The Halloween song and theme is Avengers! However, some of you would prefer to perform another Halloween tune. Avengers! will be the senior song; however, I am open to changing the Halloween song to another that we have in the library. We will learn all of them for Fright Night.
- SAVE THE DATE! The Music Shoppe hosts an instrument Step-Up Night at RCHS. This event is open to all high school students across our area, beginning band to high school. For those that are looking for an intermediate or professional instrument to take you to the next level, this is your chance to try out several instruments at RCHS! See the bottom of this post for more details.
- EIU HONOR JAZZ COMBO DAY: Just a reminder that submissions for our Honor Jazz Combo Day are due Monday, October 17.
Details about the event are available here: https://www.eiu.edu/music/events_honorcombo.php
The online application is available here: https://www.eiu.edu/music/machform/view.php?id=12798
- 35th Annual EIU High School Honor Band Festival, which will take place on Saturday, December 10 in the beautiful Doudna Fine Arts Center on the EIU campus. Fifty-five to sixty-five of the best high school band students in Illinois and Indiana will enjoy a day of band rehearsals, a faculty showcase recital and a group warm-up led by our outstanding applied faculty. The day will culminate in a shared concert with the EIU Wind Symphony in EIU's world-class, Dvorak Concert Hall. Transportation is provided by the school. Please notify Mr. Jones if you plan on attending. Click this link for more information:
- EIU HIGH SCHOOL HONOR BAND FESTIVAL: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Saturday, December 10th. Click HERE for more information.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The audition music is over Time of Your Life and the ILMEA scales mm. 1-6.
- Panther Marching Band Member for a Day, which will take place on Saturday, November 12. Participating students will spend an EIU home football gameday marching and playing along with the Panther Marching Band. This is a great way for students to get a feel for what it feels like to perform in a college marching band and to spend the day on the EIU campus. You need to provide your own transportation. Click this link for more information:
- Please take home your water jugs and Drillmaster shoes. It is time to transition into the concert ensembles!
- Missing items? Check the band's lost and found outside of the music office.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2022 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. Many of you also earned 1-2 hours of personal time for perfect (or near perfect) attendance for practices from July 25th to August 13th. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, rehearsals before a performance, or for other classes. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- DRIVERS NEEDED! We need back up drivers that are able to drive a 42 foot trailer. If you have a family member or a truck driver in the family, please encourage them to volunteer as a back up driver for the Marching Tigers. Mr. Deimel is our primary driver. Mr. Doan from the bus barn, is a back-up driver. However, if neither of them are available for a competition, we need someone to step in. Please have your family member email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if they are available. Family members may also call (618) 393-2191 ext. 3153.
We have two birthday shout outs to throw today. We want to wish Robert Cameron and Rylan Hancock very happy birthdays today. We have a few weekend birthdays to announce. Tomorrow, we want to wish Andrew Smith and one of our favorite teachers Mrs. Burgener a very happy birthday.
- We want to throw some Tiger good luck wishes today as everyone works through and completes their finals. Take a deep breath and do your best. Finish strong, you got this!
- The Olney FFA will be hosting their annual Hayride & Bonfire night tomorrow. There will be food, drinks, a corn hole tournament, basketball, and more fun activities. Sign-up sheets are posted in the ag rooms! Anyone planning on coming should also bring a lawn chair.
- Any student that is wanting to be on the scholar bowl team this year needs to see or email Mr. Dunn by today. He needs your Shirt size and has a schedule to give to you.
- I smell some chili a cookin’. FBLA is hosting the 7th Annual FBLA Chili Cook-off tonight at the football game. It is $2 to taste test the chili and vote for your favorite. Extra votes are $1 each. Voting will end at the end of half time and the winner will be announced between 3rd and 4th quarters. All proceeds will be donated to Lynden Spieth and his family.
- We want to send some Tiger roars to our Tiger soccer squad as they defeated Mt. Vernon last night by a score of 9-3. Isaac Page recorded another hat trick (scored 3 goals) and had 1 assist. Rylan Mosbey scored a goal and recorded 2 assists. Brett Kocher had 2 goals and had 2 assists.
- OTN is extremely active today and tomorrow. We want to wish our Lady Tiger Tennis team best of luck today as they start Sectional action in Centralia. Our Tiger Football squad will host Newton tonight at 7:00PM. Hope night continues tonight so bring your money for a variety of raffles. Proceeds benefit cancer patients of Richland and Jasper Counties. Tomorrow, our Tiger soccer team will begin quarterfinal postseason action at 11:00 against Mt. Vernon at the college. Our Tiger Marching Band will compete in Newton tomorrow afternoon. And last, but certainly not least, good luck throws go out to our Lady Tiger Volleyball squad as they compete in the Edwards County tournament.
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation