0 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 29, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
1 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 30, 2023..........Panther Marching Band Festival at EIU in Charleston
OCTOBER 4, 2023..........ILMEA Auditions (Required participation for Tri-M members)
6 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 6, 2023..........Homecoming & Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
6 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 7, 2023..........Newton Marching Eagles Band Classic in Newton
10 REHEARSALS REMAINING = OCTOBER 17, 2023..........Final Performance at 7 PM (RCHS stadium)
7:00-7:14......Travel in Parade Block A to the stadium and stretch.
7:15-7:59......Clean sets 21a-36a (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
8:00-9:00......Review sets 1-36a WITH INSTRUMENTS)
Learn sets 1-20a
Review sets 20a-27
Rehearse Good Night, Sleep Tight
Getting on-and-off the field at Eastern Illinois University
- SATURDAY PRACTICE: Based on the feedback from all of you (minus the juniors) we have an impromptu rehearsal tomorrow morning from 7:00-8:00 in the stadium. The reason for this addition is so that we can clean the third movement prior to our performance at EIU. For those able to attend tomorrow's 7 a.m. rehearsal, I will dismiss you after our half-time performance tonight so that you are well rested for tomorrow. Those not able to attend the 7 a.m. rehearsal will stay behind until the game is complete. We will do a compilation of playing in the stands, and packing for the next day. Please fill out the following survey on your availability for the 7 a.m. rehearsal tomorrow morning by clicking HERE. Section leaders, please message your folks to complete the survey before the end of the school day.
- CARNATIONS SALE: Complete the Google Form. Return all money and slips by Saturday, October 30th. For more information, please talk to Mrs. Deimel.
- -EIU BUSES - BUS/SEAT ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/30 (EIU): Click HERE to view your assigned seating for Saturday.
- EIU PANTHER MARCHING BAND FESTIVAL ON 9/30: Click HERE for more information. -UPDATED 9/20 WITH REVISED WARM-UP AND PERFORMANCE TIMES AT EIU-
- ASSIGNMENT DUE MONDAY: Complete the AAR for the Sage City Invitational, which you will find on www.rccu1.schoology.net. At least one recording from a music judge, and one recording from a visual visual judge. Fill out at least three things we should continue doing (things we do well), and at least three things on which we need to improve. The assignment is due Monday at 11:59 p.m. I pushed the deadline back a school day to give you more time. Please let me know should anyone have problems accessing the recordings.
- MOVE THE FINAL PERFORMANCE? Would anyone have a conflict if I move the Final Performance to Saturday, October 14th? If so, what times would you be unavailable? I am considering moving the performance because we wouldn't have a rehearsal for four days leading up to the Final Performance. Also, we would have short rehearsals on October 12th and 13th to accomodate final exams.
- PERFORMANCE MAKE-UP ASSIGNMENT: For those with excused absences from performances, please complete the make-up assignment before the end of the term. You may find the make-up projects by clicking HERE.
- UPDATE TO 10/7: The event coordinators for the Newton Marching Eagles Classic revised the performance schedules. We now perform at 2:45 p.m. Please see below for more details.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets.
- OTA BAND PASSES: Once your OTA teacher reviews your grades, you've completed your IXL Math and ELA assignments, and you've finished your assignments, you may fill in a pass to go to the Music Department during OTA. To fill out the pass, click HERE. Students need to sign into their rccu1 account before clicking on the link.
- -OLD- BUS ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/16, 9/23, AND 10/7: Click HERE to view.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: Last call! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at email@example.com, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC ON 10/7: This is our last competition of the season! It also is a short day for the band. Please click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Our weekly leadership council lunch/book chat is tomorrow. The assigned readings are chapters 28-35.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: AIDAN GOMEZ (10/4), MICAH MARSHALL (10/5), MRS. DEIMEL (10/16) and EMMA MEADOWS (10/24).
- OLNEY FALL FUN FESTIVAL: I regret to say that the RCHS Marching Tigers will not perform at the 2023 Olney Fall Fun Festival. Unfortunately, the band has been scheduled to perform at an earlier time at Eastern IL. University than we have in prior years. Due to this conflict, we are unable to perform at the Olney City Park event. The high school choir, however, will perform at 8:30 a.m., before we depart to Charleston. We simply could not fit a performance from the band and choir without the band being late to EIU.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Seniors, you need to report to the PAC after announcements for the college and career fair. At 10:00, seniors will board buses to OCC for Blue Preview Day. Lunch will be provided. Students are expected to ride the bus back afterwards. Please listen to the bus assignments.
- Bus 1 = OTA teachers of Lathrop, Rusk, and Steber
- Bus 2 = OTA teachers of Flanagan and West
- Bus 3 = OTA teachers of Ginder, Kirby, and VanDyke
- Bus 4 = OTA teachers of Baltzell, Billington, Burgener, Duenas, King, and Vogt
- Bus 1 = OTA teachers of Lathrop, Rusk, and Steber
- Sophomores, you will have a class meeting in the PAC after announcements.
- Homecoming week is next week - speaking of Homecoming, the Homecoming Court has been decided. Your Homecoming Queen candidates are Rylee Bloomer, Grayce Burgener, and Aliyah Tracy. Your Homecoming King candidates are Chase Ackman, Brayden McVicker, and Colby Redman. Voting will take place next week.
- Please check out the flyers posted around the school for dress up days and special events everyday leading up to our Homecoming football game and dance. Hallway and door decorating can begin at anytime. Tena is off to a great start - you need to stop by and see her door for sure. Please get involved but make sure it’s school appropriate. The dress up theme for Monday is class color day. Freshmen wear green, sophomores wear blue, Juniors wear purple, seniors wear red, and faculty / staff wear orange.
- All students are invited to attend a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting during lunch in room 124 (Mrs. Redman's room). Please bring $2 for pizza, or bring your own lunch.
- Sophomores, after AM announcements, please head to the PAC for a class meeting.
- Best Buddies, there will be a meeting on Monday in OTA. Check your email for details.
- Tiger good luck roars go out to OTN today and tomorrow. Our Tiger Soccer squad will participate in the Mattoon tournament today and tomorrow, our Lady Tiger volleyball squad will be on the road tonight and tomorrow at Troy, our Tiger Football squad will lock paws with Mt. Carmel tonight. The theme is orange out. Kick off is slated for 7:00 PM, our Tiger Cross Country teams will be on the road to Terre Haute, and our Marching Tigers will be competing at Eastern Illinois University tomorrow.
- Here’s a thought for today - Speak the truth to the lies. Just because you have a negative thought doesn’t mean you have to believe it. The key to winning the battle in your mind is to see negative thoughts for what they are - lies. Weed out the negative and feed the positive by by speaking truth to the lies.