3 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 29, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
3 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 30, 2023..........Panther Marching Band Festival at EIU in Charleston
OCTOBER 4, 2023..........ILMEA Auditions (Required participation for Tri-M members)
8 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 6, 2023..........Homecoming & Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
8 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 7, 2023..........Newton Marching Eagles Band Classic in Newton
12 REHEARSALS REMAINING = OCTOBER 17, 2023..........Final Performance at 7 PM (RCHS stadium)
- WINDS AND PERCUSSION: Good Night Sleep Tight (primary focus), The Nightmare Before Christmas, Dream On, and I Dreamed a Dream. We will also work on the time-out tunes.
- COLOR GUARD: Choreography over movements 1-3 in the theater.
8:00-9:00......FULL ENSEMBLE OUTDOORS:
- Learn sets 20a-36a (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
ALTERNATE PLAN IN THE EVENT OF RAIN:
The full ensemble is inside the band room working on Good Night Sleep Tight (primary focus), The Nightmare Before Christmas, Dream On, and I Dreamed a Dream. We will also work on the time-out tunes.
Review sets 18a-27
Learn sets 28-36a
Getting on-and-off the field at Eastern Illinois University
- ASSIGNMENT DUE FRIDAY: Complete the AAR for the Sage City Invitational, which you will find on www.rccu1.schoology.net. At least one recording from a music judge, and one recording from a visual visual judge. Fill out at least three things we should continue doing (things we do well), and at least three things on which we need to improve. The assignment is due Friday at 11:59 p.m. Keep in mind that we have a game this Friday. Don't wait until the last minute!
- FRIDAY'S SCHEDULE FOR JUNIORS & SENIORS:
- All Juniors and Seniors will attend their first block class (including Dual Credit courses at OCC and Elementary Tutoring at RCES).
- Juniors will be called to Ron Herrin Gym at 8:30. They will return to their OTA at 9:15.
- Seniors will be called to Ron Herrin Gym at 9:15. Seniors will be released at 10:00 to board buses in the circle drive. Seniors will be transported to OCC for Blue Preview/Senior Day. They will be provided lunch and will return to RCHS at 12:40. Seniors are to report to their 4th block class.
- UPDATE TO 10/7: The event coordinators for the Newton Marching Eagles Classic revised the performance schedules. We now perform at 2:45 p.m. Please see below for more details.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets
- OTA BAND PASSES: Once your OTA teacher reviews your grades, you've completed your IXL Math and ELA assignments, and you've finished your assignments, you may fill in a pass to go to the Music Department during OTA. To fill out the pass, click HERE. Students need to sign into their rccu1 account before clicking on the link.
- -OLD- BUS ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/16, 9/23, AND 10/7: Click HERE to view.
- -NEW- SIGN UP FOR YOUR BUS/SEAT ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/30 (EIU): Click HERE to add your name to the seating chart. The early bus and van returns at to RCHS at 6:30 pm. The late bus returns to RCHS at 9:30 pm. There is a late bus so that students may see the big bands (100+ marchers) perform.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: Last call! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at email@example.com, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- EIU PANTHER MARCHING BAND FESTIVAL ON 9/30: Click HERE for more information. -UPDATED 9/20 WITH REVISED WARM-UP AND PERFORMANCE TIMES AT EIU-
- MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC ON 10/7: This is our last competition of the season! It also is a short day for the band. Please click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Our weekly leadership council lunch/book chat is tomorrow. The assigned readings are chapters 21-28.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- OLNEY FALL FUN FESTIVAL: I regret to say that the RCHS Marching Tigers will not perform at the 2023 Olney Fall Fun Festival. Unfortunately, the band has been scheduled to perform at an earlier time at Eastern IL. University than we have in prior years. Due to this conflict, we are unable to perform at the Olney City Park event. The high school choir, however, will perform at 8:30 a.m., before we depart to Charleston. We simply could not fit a performance from the band and choir without the band being late to EIU.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- The FBLA officer meeting scheduled for today at lunch has been rescheduled for Thursday.
- The Best Buddies meeting scheduled for today has been canceled. We will now meet next Monday. Check your email for details.
- Book club is going to meet tomorrow during lunch to discuss The Assignment. Please sign up in the library or email Mrs. Julian or Mrs. Goodrum if you plan on attending.
- If you are planning on bringing a student from another school to the Homecoming Dance next Friday, you must have your Homecoming dance form submitted by this Friday.
- Tiger pats on the back go out to Marisa Shock and Allison Cline for being selected as the Artists of the Week. Samples of their artwork can be seen on the OTN TVs in the Student Commons.
- Tiger knucks go out to our Lady Tiger Tennis squad as they defeated Paris last night 7 to 2. Singles winners include McKenna Snider, Evie Potter, Claire Uhl, Raley Inskeep, Annara Cox, and Karlee Bissey. Doubles winners consisted of Raley Inskeep and Karlee Bissey.
- Tiger roars go out to our Lady Tiger Golf squad as they teed it up in Robinson yesterday. Addalyn Runyon fired a 52, Savannah Ferguson and Emma Hefferman shot rounds of 58, and Mallory Richardson finished with a 64.
- Tiger shout outs go out to our Freshmen/Sophomore Football squad on their win against Newton last night 20 to 4.
- Tiger good luck roars go out to our Lady Tiger Volleyball squad as they are on the road to Marshall tonight.
- Today is Tuesday folks, you all know what this mean?? That’s right, it’s time for the joke of the day sponsored by Mr. Gary Walters. All righty, here we go: What happened with the kidnapping in the park? They woke him up!
Have a great day today. You are in control of your actions, do what’s right - make today 1% better than yesterday, and remember everyday is a great day when you are an Olney Tiger!!
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation