7.11 Cell Phones/Electronic Devices: Student Conduct and Discipline Part 2 (Section 7 Student Handbook)
- - May be used during class time if a teacher permits use for class work.
- - 1st Offense = Confiscated / taken to the office
- - 2nd Offense = Confiscated / taken to the office / parent or guardian will have to pick up the phone
- - 3rd Offense = Confiscated / taken to the office / parent or guardian will have to pick up the phone / plan will be made with administration and student.
- - May be used during passing periods and lunch.
- - May be carried in the building and should not be a distraction during class time. Teachers may require students to place their phones and over devices in an assigned area during class.
SEPTEMBER 20, 2023..........ILMEA Audition Prep Day on the campus of Eastern IL Univ.
5 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 23, 2023..........Marching Maroons Band Festival in Robinson
10 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 29, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
10 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 30, 2023..........Panther Marching Band Festival at EIU in Charleston
OCTOBER 4, 2023..........ILMEA Auditions (Required participation for Tri-M members)
15 REHEARSALS: OCTOBER 6, 2023..........Homecoming & Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
16 REHEARSALS: OCTOBER 7, 2023..........Newton Marching Eagles Band Classic in Newton
19 REHEARSALS: OCTOBER 17, 2023..........Final Performance at 7 PM (RCHS stadium)
7:00-7:14......Travel in parade block B to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-7:44......Review sets 21a-28
7:45-8:44......Learn sets 28-34
8:45-9:00......Run sets 1-34
Review sets 21a-28
Learn sets 28-34
- 2023 SAGE CITY JUDGES COMMENTS: The judges comments and the Effingham Red Regiment, Newton Marching Eagles, and our very own Richland County Marching Tigers may be found under Schoology.
- WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY: We have flipped our usual practice schedule for the week! The full band (including color guard) is on the practice field from 7:00-9:00 tomorrow (Tuesday). Wednesday is the music day. Color guard reports at 8:00 on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. We rehearse indoors that day. Why? It's picture day! We also have a half-day scheduled for Wednesday.
- OTA BAND PASSES: Once your OTA teacher reviews your grades, you've completed your IXL Math and ELA assignments, and you've finished your assignments, you may fill in a pass to go to the Music Department during OTA. To fill out the pass, click HERE. Students need to sign into their rccu1 account before clicking on the link.
- -OLD- BUS ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/16, 9/23, AND 10/7: Click HERE to view.
- -NEW- SIGN UP FOR YOUR BUS/SEAT ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/30 (EIU): Click HERE to add your name to the seating chart. The early bus and van returns at to RCHS at 6:30 pm. The late bus returns to RCHS at 9:30 pm. There is a late bus so that students may see the big bands (100+ marchers) perform.
- 2023 MARCHING BAND COMPETITIONS: All performance schedules are in! See below for more details.
- OLNEY FALL FUN FESTIVAL: I regret to say that the RCHS Marching Tigers will not perform at the 2023 Olney Fall Fun Festival. Unfortunately, the band has been scheduled to perform at an earlier time at Eastern IL. University than we have in prior years. Due to this conflict, we are unable to perform at the Olney City Park event. The high school choir, however, will perform at 8:30 a.m., before we depart to Charleston. We simply could not fit a performance from the band and choir without the band being late to EIU.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: Last call! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at email@example.com, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY AT EIU: The clinic is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2023 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. We will depart RCHS at around 11:15 a.m. to allow time for lunch and the drive to Charleston, IL. We will return at 5:00 p.m. Seven people are attending the trip to EIU. Those people are Jereme Higginbotham, Emma Wells, Evey Mason, Ethan Zuber, Aidan Gomez, Conner Akers, Ethan Mehl, Callista Ridgely, and Addison Ridgely. If you are auditioning for band or orchestra, you my print the music by clicking HERE. See the bottom of this message for more details. Click HERE for details that were emailed to all students participating in this event.
- MARCHING MAROONS BAND FESTIVAL ON 9/23: Click HERE for more information.
- EIU PANTHER MARCHING BAND FESTIVAL ON 9/30: Click HERE for more information.
- MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC ON 10/7: This is our last competition of the season! It also is a short day for the band. Please click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Our weekly leadership council lunch/book chat is tomorrow. The assigned readings are chapters 14-21.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- INTONATION ON SCALES: Refine intonation tendencies over concert E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement). It would benefit the band greatly if all winds would practice the scales with a tuner at home before rehearsals. The more in-tune we are, the better we will blend, and the louder we will sound.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- DEPARTMENT HOODIE: Mrs. Deimel has an extra-large department hoodie available for $30. First come, first serve! Talk to Mrs. Deimel if you are interested.
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Sign up sheets and permission slips are in the office for any junior or senior girl that wants to participate in powderpuff this year! You must have a permission slip to attend practices and be a part of the team. The last day to sign up is next Tuesday. The cost is $10 and needs to be turned in to the office when you turn in your permission slips. If anyone has any questions email or ask Josie Lyttle or Mckenna Snider. We need junior and senior girls interested in playing Powder Puff football to report to the commons right after announcements.
- There are also permission slips in the office for any junior or senior boy that wishes to participate in the volleyball game during Homecoming week. You must have your slip turned in before you can play. Please sign up in the office. Please contact Savannah Cychol or Ally Lynch if you have any questions.
- Students, please help us in keeping our parking lots and school property clean. Please do not throw trash on the ground. Please place your unwanted items in a nearby trash can. Thank you for your help.
- Students, if you borrow a chromebook or a charger, please return those items to the library.
- We have some results to report from Saturday. Our Tiger Soccer squad defeated Effingham St. Anthony 8 to 1. Paolo Ronaldo netted 4 goals and had 1 assist. Allesandro Messi had 5 assists and 2 goals. Owen Kocher and Keegan Ray each had 1 goal a piece.
- Our Tiger golf squad played in Paris Saturday. Tiger roars go out to Ayden Nealis as he finished in 4th place overall. He came in with a 76, Reese Glover finished with an 82, Alex Harness shot a 91, and Tristan Mitchell had a 99.
- Our Cross Country teams ran in the Olney Invitational Saturday. Our ladies captured 2nd place overall. Tiger shout outs go out to Mackenzi Thomas as she took 7th place overall. Lily Stevens took 12th place, Josie Ginder grabbed 18th place, Briley Kocher finished in 22nd place, and Karlee Piercefield finished in 30th place. On the gentlemen’s side, Kaeden Davis finished in 21st place, Carter Seaman grabbed 38th place, Kaydn Cooley took 45th place, and Trenton Payne grabbed 57th place.
- Our Marching Tigers took the field in competition Saturday in Monticello. Our band took 3rd place overall in class 2A. Tiger pats on the back go out to our drum major Emma Wells as she took 1st place in class 2A individually and 3rd place overall for all classes. Our band finished in 7th place overall out of all the 4 classes.
- Tiger good luck wishes go out to OTN today. Our Tiger and Lady Tiger golfers will travel to Effingham St. Anthony, and our Tiger soccer squad will look to lock paws with Harrisburg on the road tonight.