SEPTEMBER 20, 2023..........ILMEA Audition Prep Day on the campus of Eastern IL Univ.
1 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 23, 2023..........Marching Maroons Band Festival in Robinson
6 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 29, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
6 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 30, 2023..........Panther Marching Band Festival at EIU in Charleston
OCTOBER 4, 2023..........ILMEA Auditions (Required participation for Tri-M members)
11 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 6, 2023..........Homecoming & Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
11 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 7, 2023..........Newton Marching Eagles Band Classic in Newton
15 REHEARSALS REMAINING = OCTOBER 17, 2023..........Final Performance at 7 PM (RCHS stadium)
MARCHING MAROONS BAND FESTIVAL ON 9/23: Click HERE for more information.
7:00-7:14......Travel in parade block B to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-7:44......Review sets 18-27 (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
7:45-9:00......Learn sets 28-36a (NO INSTRUMENTS)
Review sets 18a-27
Learn sets 28-36a
Getting on-and-off the field at Eastern Illinois University
- UPDATE TO 10/7: The event coordinators for the Newton Marching Eagles Classic revised the performance schedules. We now perform at 2:45 p.m. Please see below for more details.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets
- OTA BAND PASSES: Once your OTA teacher reviews your grades, you've completed your IXL Math and ELA assignments, and you've finished your assignments, you may fill in a pass to go to the Music Department during OTA. To fill out the pass, click HERE. Students need to sign into their rccu1 account before clicking on the link.
- -OLD- BUS ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/16, 9/23, AND 10/7: Click HERE to view.
- -NEW- SIGN UP FOR YOUR BUS/SEAT ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/30 (EIU): Click HERE to add your name to the seating chart. The early bus and van returns at to RCHS at 6:30 pm. The late bus returns to RCHS at 9:30 pm. There is a late bus so that students may see the big bands (100+ marchers) perform.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: Last call! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- EIU PANTHER MARCHING BAND FESTIVAL ON 9/30: Click HERE for more information. -UPDATED 9/20 WITH REVISED WARM-UP AND PERFORMANCE TIMES AT EIU-
- MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC ON 10/7: This is our last competition of the season! It also is a short day for the band. Please click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Our weekly leadership council lunch/book chat is tomorrow. The assigned readings are chapters 21-28.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- OLNEY FALL FUN FESTIVAL: I regret to say that the RCHS Marching Tigers will not perform at the 2023 Olney Fall Fun Festival. Unfortunately, the band has been scheduled to perform at an earlier time at Eastern IL. University than we have in prior years. Due to this conflict, we are unable to perform at the Olney City Park event. The high school choir, however, will perform at 8:30 a.m., before we depart to Charleston. We simply could not fit a performance from the band and choir without the band being late to EIU.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Today, we will run a 2:00 PM Dismissal schedule for teacher planning. There will not be OTE today but you will have OTA. If you ride a bus, please stay in the commons area until your bus arrives. Do not go to other schools as they will be in session.
- Freshmen, we will have a class meeting in the PAC right after announcements this morning.
- The RCHS Marching Tiger Band Drumline and Front Ensemble would like to invite you to their annual fundraiser/concert tonight at the circle drive bus lane from 5:00 to 6:30. There will be a bake sale and T Shirts are available as well. Please see Mr. Vaal or any drum line member if you have any questions.
- Make plans to attend the Travel Club informational meeting next Monday on our 2024 Trip to Puerto Rico. It starts at 6:00 PM. See you then.
- Tiger roars go out to our Lady Tiger Volleyball squad as they defeated Edwards County last night 26 to 24, 10 to 25, 25 to 18. Yours truly lead the way with 9 kills, Rylee Bloomer had 22 assists, our liberator Maddie Piercefield had 11 digs, Abi Mitchell had 11 digs, and Danielle Brown and Kaitlyn Dowty each had 2 blocks.
- Tiger shout outs go out to our Tiger Soccer squad as they defeated Mt. Carmel yesterday 8 to 1. Paolo Ronaldo had 4 goals, Aly Messi had 2 goals, Owen Kocher scored 1 goal, and Aidan Weidner had a goal.
- There are many home events taking place tonight and tomorrow. Our Tiger golf squad will travel to Charleston this afternoon. Our Tiger football squad will be on the road to Newton tonight. Kick off is at 7:00 PM. On Saturday, our Freshmen/Sophomore Volleyball team will be on the road to Effingham, our Lady Tiger Tennis team will be on the road to Centralia, and our Tiger soccer squad is off to Charleston.
Have a great day today. You are in control of your actions, do what’s right - make today 1% better than yesterday, and remember everyday is a great day when you are an Olney Tiger!!