SEPTEMBER 20, 2023..........ILMEA Audition Prep Day on the campus of Eastern IL Univ.
2 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 23, 2023..........Marching Maroons Band Festival in Robinson
7 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 29, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
6 REHEARSALS REMAINING = SEPTEMBER 30, 2023..........Panther Marching Band Festival at EIU in Charleston
OCTOBER 4, 2023..........ILMEA Auditions (Required participation for Tri-M members)
12 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 6, 2023..........Homecoming & Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
13 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 7, 2023..........Newton Marching Eagles Band Classic in Newton
16 REHEARSALS REMAINING = OCTOBER 17, 2023..........Final Performance at 7 PM (RCHS stadium)
7:00-7:14......Travel in parade block B to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-7:44......Review sets 21a-28 (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
7:45-8:44......Learn sets 28-34 (NO INSTRUMENTS)
8:45-9:00......Run sets 1-31 (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
Review sets 21a-28
Learn sets 28-31
Getting on-and-off the field at Robinson
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets
- HOMEWORK: Please review your show music. You need to have I Dreamed a Dream, Dream On, and The Nightmare Before Christmas completely memorized. You should be close to memorizing all of Good Night, Sleep Tight!, if it isn't already memorized. On your own, go through (with a tuner) the following scales at home: E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement)
- TRUCK NEEDED: Would anyone be able and willing to bring a truck to Saturday morning's rehearsal? I would like to remove the limbs we cut down behind the tower, and take them to the burn brush. The burn brush opens at 10 a.m. If a parent is willing to help, even better!
- OTA BAND PASSES: Once your OTA teacher reviews your grades, you've completed your IXL Math and ELA assignments, and you've finished your assignments, you may fill in a pass to go to the Music Department during OTA. To fill out the pass, click HERE. Students need to sign into their rccu1 account before clicking on the link.
- -OLD- BUS ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/16, 9/23, AND 10/7: Click HERE to view.
- -NEW- SIGN UP FOR YOUR BUS/SEAT ASSIGNMENTS FOR 9/30 (EIU): Click HERE to add your name to the seating chart. The early bus and van returns at to RCHS at 6:30 pm. The late bus returns to RCHS at 9:30 pm. There is a late bus so that students may see the big bands (100+ marchers) perform.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: Last call! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at email@example.com, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- MARCHING MAROONS BAND FESTIVAL ON 9/23: Click HERE for more information.
- EIU PANTHER MARCHING BAND FESTIVAL ON 9/30: Click HERE for more information. -UPDATED 9/20 WITH REVISED WARM-UP AND PERFORMANCE TIMES AT EIU-
- MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC ON 10/7: This is our last competition of the season! It also is a short day for the band. Please click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Our weekly leadership council lunch/book chat is tomorrow. The assigned readings are chapters 21-28.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- OLNEY FALL FUN FESTIVAL: I regret to say that the RCHS Marching Tigers will not perform at the 2023 Olney Fall Fun Festival. Unfortunately, the band has been scheduled to perform at an earlier time at Eastern IL. University than we have in prior years. Due to this conflict, we are unable to perform at the Olney City Park event. The high school choir, however, will perform at 8:30 a.m., before we depart to Charleston. We simply could not fit a performance from the band and choir without the band being late to EIU.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Any student attending the Field trip to OCC today will have an early lunch beginning at noon.
- Seniors, we will have a class meeting in the PAC right after announcements this morning.
- There will be an Interact meeting in the PAC during OTE today.
- Sign ups for pep club president and vice president will be posted on the auxiliary gym door until next Tuesday.
- There are permission slips in the office for any junior or senior boy that wishes to participate in the volleyball game during Homecoming week. You must have your slip turned in before you can play. Please sign up in the office. Please contact Savannah Cycholl or Ally Lynch if you have any questions.
- The RCHS Marching Tiger Band Drumline and Front Ensemble would like to invite you to their annual fundraiser/concert this Friday night at the circle drive bus lane from 5:00 to 6:30. There will be a bake sale and T Shirts are available as well. Please see Mr. Vaal or any drum line member if you have any questions.
- Travel Club will have an informational meeting next Monday on our 2024 Trip to Puerto Rico. If you are interested, come and bring a parent and we will give you all the info you need to sign up and travel with us. The meeting will be at 6:00pm and will last about 45 minutes! See you then!
- Tiger roars go out to our Tiger golf squad as they were crowned Little Illini Conference champions yesterday. Tiger shout outs go to Reese Glover as he is the LIC champion. He came in with a 6 over par round of 77. Ayden Nealis finished in 3rd place overall with a round of 79. Tristan Mitchell fired a round of 81 as he grabbed 6th place overall. Alex Harness and Aaron Klingler both shot 88. Reese, Ayden, and Tristan were named 1st team all conference. Alex and Aaron were named 2nd team all conference. Our Lady Tigers also competed in the LIC tournament yesterday. Our ladies finished in 2nd place overall. Tiger pats on the back go out to Emma Hefferman as she finished with a round of 104. Emma was named 2nd team all conference yesterday from her fine round. Mallory Richardson came in with a 114, Addalyn Runyon finished with a 124, and Savannah Ferguson shot a round of 127.
- There are many home events taking place today. We want the throw Tiger good luck wishes to our Lady Tiger Tennis Teams as they will battle Effingham at 4:15. Our Tiger Soccer squad will lock paws with Mt. Carmel at our middle school at 4:30, and our Lady Tiger Volleyball squads will look to take down Edwards County right here in Beautiful Historic Ron Herrin Gym this evening. JV action starts at 6:00 PM. The theme tonight is country.
- Today is Trivia Thursday. The first two students who email the correct answer to Mr. Houchin will win the prize. This weeks trivia is sponsored by Mr. Cameron White. Here we go you trivia turkeys: The Boston Terrier is the official dog of what US. state?
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation