6 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
14 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
14 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello (no schedule from the event coordinator as of yet)
7:00-8:14......On the practice field to stretch, review 10a-20a (without instruments), learn sets 20a-25 (without instruments).
8:15-9:00......Run sets 1-20a (with instruments)
Review sets 10a-20a. Learn sets 20a-25.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: Confirm that you have your flip folder, lyre, and tuner. There are a few of these items laying around.
- NEW MUSIC: Let's Go Tigers, and 4th movement
- ASSIGNMENTS: Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- Dream On due Wednesday (August 30th) before 11:59 am. We will test in-class on Thursday (August 31st) morning from 8:00-9:10 am, for those that do not complete the assignment before hand. You will have 10 minutes to complete the assessment.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Only those within the Marching Tigers leadership are permitted to attend the leadership council. If your name is not on the list, please do not report to the music department during our meeting. Emma Wells will reach out to each of you to determine whether we will continue meeting on Thursdays, or if another day will work better. You may pick up your Twin Thieves books on Monday. The assigned readings are chapters 1-7.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- BUS SEATING: We are getting closer to the Jasper County Fall Festival Parade! Pick your spot on the bus or van by clicking HERE. Pick a spot that is in purple. Spots are first come first serve! Please do not erase someone's names off of this form. This will be your assigned seating for the majority, if not the entire, season. Make sure to log into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening the form. You have until September 1st to select your seat. You now have the ability to edit the document.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: LUKE SEILER (8/30), JASPER TRACY (9/6), NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22). Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- SHOES: Make sure to pay for your DrillMasters or the Crossovers
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth, and Brandon Seessengood.
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours.
- Attention Freshman - You must have your completed petitions into Ms. Fehrenbacher or Mrs. Fleming today if you are interested in running for class office.
- Students, make plans to stop by the library to check out a copy of The Assignment. Join the RCHS book club - you don’t want to miss out on this September book of the month.
- This is just a reminder that we will have an early release today at 2:00 PM for teacher planning. If you ride a bus, you should go to the commons area and stay in the commons area until your bus arrives before 3:00. Please do not go to the middle school or elementary school as they will still be in session.
- Juniors - PSAT/NMSQT signups are taking place in the Student Services Office now through Sept 1st. Cost is $19, but don't let that deter you, some financial assistance is available. Check out your Skyward Message Center for more details.
- Are you interested in trying something new? RCHS is making plans to sponsor a Clay Target Trap Shooting Team. If you are interested in learning more about this activity, please make plans to attend an informational meeting next Monday during OTE in the PAC.
- Speaking of trying something new, are you interested in being an exchange student next year? Please see Mrs VanDyke within the next week to get information.
- Our Lady Tiger Volleyball varsity squad came up a little short last night against Pana. Our lady strikers won the first set but fell in the next two. Our JV squad got a little revenge with a nice win last night.
- Do you have plans tonight? Of course you do, our Tiger football squad will look to battle Taylorville right here in our backyard. Kick off is slated for 8:00 PM.
- Students, let’s gear up for our annual march the halls in preparation for our home football opener. Please step out into the hallway, put your hands together, and let’s get pumped!! Our band and football team will begin in the social studies wing, make their way down the main academic hallway, into the commons and will finish up in the Ag hallway. Find a spot, spread out and let’s go!!
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation