OCTOBER 4, 2023..........ILMEA Auditions (Required participation for Tri-M members)
3 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 6, 2023..........Homecoming & Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
4 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 7, 2023..........Newton Marching Eagles Band Classic in Newton
9 REHEARSALS REMAINING = OCTOBER 14, 2023..........Final Performance at 7 PM (RCHS stadium)
7:00-7:14......Travel in half-time block to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-7:59......Review sets 36a-47 (WITHOUT INSTRUMENTS)
8:00-9:00......Review sets 1-36a (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
Review sets 36a-47
Run sets 1-36A (possibly to 47)
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: The Final Performance has been moved! The new performance date/time is Saturday, October 14th at 7 p.m. The call-time for all Marching Tigers is 6 p.m.
- PERFORMANCE MAKE-UP ASSIGNMENT: For those with excused absences from performances, please complete the make-up assignment before the end of the term. You may find the make-up projects by clicking HERE.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets.
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at email@example.com, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Our weekly leadership council lunch/book chat is today (Tuesday). The assigned readings are chapters 28-35.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: AIDAN GOMEZ (10/4), MICAH MARSHALL (10/5), MRS. DEIMEL (10/16) and EMMA MEADOWS (10/24).
- OLNEY FALL FUN FESTIVAL: I regret to say that the RCHS Marching Tigers will not perform at the 2023 Olney Fall Fun Festival. Unfortunately, the band has been scheduled to perform at an earlier time at Eastern IL. University than we have in prior years. Due to this conflict, we are unable to perform at the Olney City Park event. The high school choir, however, will perform at 8:30 a.m., before we depart to Charleston. We simply could not fit a performance from the band and choir without the band being late to EIU.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Homecoming week continues! Movie night last night was a huge success. Speaking of the movie last night, did you know that Slimer isn’t ever called Slimer throughout the movie?? He was actually referred to as Onionhead by the crew of the original film.
- Tonight is the boys volleyball game! After the girls varsity game, watch the junior boys take on the senior boys in volleyball action. The winner gets the privilege to lose to our tremendous faculty squad. Theme for the night is NEON!
The yearbook class put together an awesome Homecoming photo backdrop upstairs outside the Library. Check it out and use it as a photobooth throughout the week!
The dress up theme tomorrow is Barbie and Ken Day. Wear pink or dress up like either of the two superstars. I cannot wait to see what Mr. Music wears.
Immediately after announcements, Homecoming Court candidates need to meet in Ms. Fehrenbacher’s room.
- Girl Powderpuff shirts are available to pick up in Mrs. Fleming's room during OTA today. If you haven't paid for a shirt or turned in permission slip forms you may not get your shirt until those are turned in.
- Don’t forget to purchase your Homecoming dance tickets for Friday. They are available to purchase before school, during lunch, and after school in the hallway outside of the main office door. $3 now or $5 at the door Friday night. The dance will begin at 9:30 PM and will end at 11:30 PM.
- There is an FBLA officer meeting during lunch today in Mrs. Stallard’s room.
- We have a state qualifier in the building today. Tiger pats on the back go out to Reese Glover as he finished in 7th place in sectional play firing a round of 73 at Mt. Carmel yesterday.
- Tiger roars go out to our Tiger Soccer squad as they defeated Effingham last night 4 to 3. Poalo Ronaldo scored all four goals - Ale Messi and Baxter Smith had 2 assists each.
- Tiger good luck roars go out to OTN this afternoon. Our Lady Tiger Tennis squads will lock paws with Centralia at 4:00 PM, our Tiger Soccer team will battle T-Town at RCMS. The first kick is slated for 4:30 PM, and our Lady Tiger Volleyball teams will take on Paris tonight. F/S is at 5:00 PM and JV is scheduled for 6:00 PM. The theme for tonight is neon night.
- Today is Tuesday folks, you all know what this means? That’s right, it’s time for the joke of the day sponsored by Mr. Gary Walters. All rightie folks, here we go: What do you call a bull that fell asleep at the rodeo? A bulldozer. Ha ha, you da man Gary!