- Tomorrow's rehearsal schedule is listed above. This schedule is subject to change, should the need arise.
- A new student is transferring from another school. He is joining us on Thursday. I do not yet know his instrument, but if you come across Ethan Layman, please make him feel welcome!
- THURSDAY'S SCHEDULE: We are inside the whole rehearsal for music. The focus are the time-out tunes, the school song (memorization), and the Star-Spangled Banner.
- MAKE-UP TEST: Get Ready 4 This for front ensemble
- THURSDAY (9/1) TEST: Test this Thursday over Time of Your Life
- MARCH THE HALLS: Friday is the first game of the season. Because of this, we will march the halls at 8am on Friday to the school song!
- FIRST HOME FOOTBALL GAME!: Click HERE for Friday's schedule.
- RETESTS: Retests for 20a-26a are on the Tuesday after Labor Day. Front ensemble will test over
- ETYMOTICS: We are ordering musician earplugs. They run from $10-$15. The cost of the order depends on how many students purchase musician earplugs. Want a pair? Fill out the order form HERE.
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th: No rehearsal. We will not rehearse as previously planned because there is a parade in Jasper County that day! Click HERE for more details pertaining to the Jasper County Fall Festival Parade.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for competitions. Parents are welcome to travel with us in the school van. Click HERE to view your bus assignment.
- STUDENT LEADERSHIP: Based on your feedback, we will meet on Thursday, September 1st during lunch to discuss The Twin Thieves. There will be pizza and sodas provided! Please read chapters 1-7. Combined, these chapters are only 29 pages, and the font is big. I would like to meet every Thursday during lunch. We will talk more on this when we meet on 9/1.
- Order your A Matter of Time show-attire RCHS Marching Tigers ball-cap, & the department attire now by clicking HERE. I updated the form as of 8/25 to include the ball-cap. The front of the ball-cap will have our "O" logo (as seen below). The back of the cap will say "Marching Tigers" in white (no picture of this one yet - sorry). The ball-cap will not contain the music department logo. The cost for ball-caps is $40. Sousaphones, your caps are free; however, I still need you to fill out the form for sizes.
- DOORS OPEN: Just a reminder that the front doors (circle drive) open at 6:45am. The back doors (student parking) open at 6:50, and close at 6:58am so that I may return to the band room for the call-time.
- OTE: Starting this coming Monday Aug 29th, the community service OTE will be conducting a clothing drive that will end on Wednesday Sept 7th. These items will help with the Unity Project's clothing give away in a few weeks. We will be collecting men and women's clothing which include new or gently used coats, jeans, sweatshirts, t-shirts, new socks and underwear, blankets (but not comforters), sleeping bags, and men's work boots.
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 2nd REHEARSAL: No rehearsal. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!
- Missing your flip folder and lyre? There are three flip folders/lyres on the white board in the band room.
- OTE Jazz Band, you will report to the band room during OTE today with instruments!
- EIU HONOR JAZZ COMBO DAY: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Monday, November 7th. Click HERE for more information.
- EIU HIGH SCHOOL HONOR BAND FESTIVAL: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Saturday, December 10th. Click HERE for more information.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, what would you like to play for the final performance? Start thinking about it now!
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- NO GUM! Just a reminder that gum is prohibited (in mouth or not) in the music department. I am aware that gum is allowed in the other parts of the school, and that the school handbook doesn't say anything about gum. However, gum can cause serious damage to an instrument (especially woodwinds). Also, I just scraped three pieces of gum off the band room floor.
- FLIP FOLDERS: I have a couple of new baritone flip folders. Please come see me if you requested one.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2022 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. Many of you also earned 1-2 hours of personal time for perfect (or near perfect) attendance for practices from July 25th to August 13th. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, rehearsals before a performance, or for other classes. Click HERE to view your available personal time.