4 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
9 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
10 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello (no schedule from the event coordinator as of yet)
7:00-7:29…..WINDS IN THE BAND ROOM. PERCUSSION ON THE PRACTICE FIELD
- WINDS = Long Tones, Be Thou My Vision. Concert A-flat and F major major scales and concert g harmonic minor with the focus on intonation.
- PERCUSSION = The primary objective is The Nightmare Before Christmas. The secondary objectives will be announced by Mr. Vaal and Mr. Weitkamp
7:30-8:29......WINDS IN THE STADIUM. PERCUSSION ON THE PRACTICE FIELD.
- WINDS = The Nightmare Before Christmas is the primary focus. Briefly touch on Dream On, and I Dreamed A Dream.
- PERCUSSION =The Nightmare Before Christmas is the primary focus. The secondary objectives will be announced by Mr. Vaal and Mr. Weitkamp
8:30-9:00……FULL ENSEMBLE ON THE TRACK
- FULL ENSEMBLE = The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end) from memory in parade block A.
- FACILITIES: The custodians are set to clean the floors in the band room and music commons each Wednesdays. We need to strike the chairs and stands on that day. Those of you in the facilities team, please remind me to dismiss you from the rehearsal at 8:50 am so that this can be done. Thanks! Everyone else, please make sure your music and equipment is put away after every rehearsal, but especially on Wednesdays.
- MUSIC BOOSTER & RCHS BANDS ATTIRE/BAGS: Humans, submit your clothing orders now! RCHS Bands has fleece-jackets and gym bags with the Marching Tigers logo available for purchase. Likewise, the Olney Music Boosters still has shirt orders! You may find both on a music stand next to band room glass doors.
- TOWER: The scaffolding (aka tower) needs to relocate behind the home stands this weekend. If you are available, please meet us in the music commons at 3:15 p.m.
- TUNERS: The new tuners have arrived! Please stop by for your tuner. For those replacing a lost tuner, please bring $20.
- SCHEDULE FOR SEPTEMBER 2-4: Nothing! You have a three day weekend. After Friday, we will not rehearse until Tuesday!
- HOMEWORK: Please take your instruments home over the weekend:
- Practice The Nightmare Before Christmas starting at the Allegro Make sure to mark time with a metronome so that you get use to moving your feet to that tempo.
- Also practice the scales listed below with a tuner. Mark in the arrows that tell you which way you need to adjust the pitch to get the note in tune. Start with E-flat, F, and A-flat first.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY AT EIU: The deadline to register for the audition prep day is Wednesday, September 6. The clinic itself is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2023 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. We will depart RCHS at around 11:15 a.m. to allow time for lunch and the drive to Charleston, IL. We will return at 5:00 p.m. Click HERE before September 6th to attend this event. Only those auditioning for ILMEA is eligible to attend this trip.
- INTONATION ON SCALES: Refine intonation tendencies over concert E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement). It would benefit the band greatly if all winds would practice the scales with a tuner at home before rehearsals. The more in-tune we are, the better we will blend, and the louder we will sound.
- PARADE TUNE: The Nightmare Before Christmas starting at the Allegro section.
- NEED TO SEE: Emily Roth
- MISSING TESTS: Parker Brown, Cory Everingham, Emily Roth, Alex Schneider, Luke Seiler, Wyatt Baker, James Benton, Evey Mason, Brad Muentener, Liam Ryden, and Brandon Seessengood, More than likely, you just forgot to link your Google Drive videos to Schoology. Please take care of that before the end of the day.
- ASSIGNMENTS: Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end) by Wednesday, September 7th before 11:59 pm. If you plan on taking the test at school, please bring your Chromebook to rehearsal on Thursday, September 8th.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Only those within the Marching Tigers leadership are permitted to attend the leadership council. If your name is not on the list, please do not report to the music department during our meeting. We meet on Fridays from 12:35-1:00. The assigned readings are chapters 1-7.
- BUS SEATING: We are getting closer to the Jasper County Fall Festival Parade! Pick your spot on the bus or van by clicking HERE. Pick a spot that is in purple. Spots are first come first serve! Please do not erase someone's names off of this form. This will be your assigned seating for the majority, if not the entire, season. Make sure to log into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening the form. You have until September 1st to select your seat. You now have the ability to edit the document.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: JASPER TRACY (9/6), NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: Confirm that you have your flip folder, lyre, and tuner. There are a few of these items laying around.
- Juniors - please make sure you sign up for the PSAT/NMSQT in the Student Services Office. The deadline is today.
- Tiger shout outs go out to our Lady Tiger Tennis Team on their win against Newton last night. Our Lady Tiger squad won 7 to 2. Singles winners include Grayce Burgener, Evie Potter, Claire Uhl, and McKenna Snider. All doubles teams won as well.
- Our Tiger soccer team defeated Newton 4 to 2 last night. Poalo Messi scored all 4 goals, and Keagan Ray had two assists in the win.
- Tiger good luck roars go out to One Tiger Nation today and over the weekend. Our Tiger golf team will battle in the Olney Invitational this afternoon. Our Tiger Football squad will lock paws with Mattoon on the road tonight. Our Tiger Cross Country team will run at Charleston tomorrow morning. Our Lady Tiger volleyball squad will participate in the Tiger Classic tomorrow, and our Tiger soccer squad will be on the road to Altamont.