4 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
5 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello (no schedule from the event coordinator as of yet)
SEPTEMBER 20, 2023..........ILMEA Audition Prep Day on the campus of Eastern IL Univ.
10 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 23, 2023..........Marching Maroons Band Festival in Robinson
7:00-7:59......WINDS AND DRUMLINE IN THE STADIUM
- WINDS IN GROUPS (BRASS AND WOODWINDS) = Long Tones, Flexibility/Scales #1, Concentration on B-flat, Be Thou My Vision and Full Volume. Good Night, Sleep Tight is the primary focus.
- DRUMLINE & FRONT ENSEMBLE = Warm-up with Mr. Vaal and Mr. Weitkamp before moving on to The Nightmare Before Christmas and Good Night, Sleep Tight.
- CAPTAINS, FIELD CONDUCTOR, & DRUM MAJOR = Return the tower to the practice field and paint the front ticks, zero points, and the top-and-bottom of the 50, 40s, and 30s yard-line numbers (blue paint). Let the blue paint on the 25s, 35s, and 45s fade.
7:50-8:44……FULL ENSEMBLE ON THE PRACTICE FIELD
- Clean sets 1-21a (with instruments)
8:45-9:00……FULL ENSEMBLE ON THE PRACTICE FIELD
- Review sets 21a-28 (no instruments; with recording)
- Front ensemble heads inside
Good Night, Sleep Tight (In The Hall of the Mountain King & I Dreamed A Dream)
Clean sets 1-21a
Briefly review sets 21a-28
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at email@example.com, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- GREEN ROOM: Please keep in mind that the green room is a shared space between the music department and the drama department. We need to keep that space clean. Color guard, please remove all of your items from that room, including trash. Thank you!
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY AT EIU: The clinic is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2023 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. We will depart RCHS at around 11:15 a.m. to allow time for lunch and the drive to Charleston, IL. We will return at 5:00 p.m. Seven people are attending the trip to EIU. Those people are Jereme Higginbotham, Emma Wells, Evey Mason, Ethan Zuber, Aidan Gomez, Callista Ridgely, and Addison Ridgely. If you are auditioning for band or orchestra, you my print the music by clicking HERE
- FACILITIES: Facilities Team, please break down the band room after Wednesday's rehearsal. You may leave at 8:50 am Wednesday to complete the task. We need all chairs and music stands put away, so that the custodians may sweep and mop.
- RCHS BANDS ATTIRE/BAGS: Humans, submit your clothing orders now! RCHS Bands has fleece-jackets and gym bags with the Marching Tigers logo available for purchase.
- INTONATION ON SCALES: Refine intonation tendencies over concert E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement). It would benefit the band greatly if all winds would practice the scales with a tuner at home before rehearsals. The more in-tune we are, the better we will blend, and the louder we will sound.
- PLAYING TEST (POSTPONED UNTIL 9/11 AT 11:59 PM): Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end) by Wednesday, September 7th before 11:59 pm. If you plan on taking the test at school, please bring your Chromebook to rehearsal on Thursday, September 8th.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- JASPER COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL PARADE: Our first away event is this Saturday, September 9th in Newton, IL. Click HERE for more details.
- SAGE CITY INVITATIONAL: This is our first marching band competition! The date of this competition in Monticello, IL is September 16th. Click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Only those within the Marching Tigers leadership are permitted to attend the leadership council. If your name is not on the list, please do not report to the music department during our meeting. We meet on Fridays from 12:35-1:00. The assigned readings are chapters 14-21.
- BUS SEATING: Click HERE to view the seating for away trips. There are open seats for parents. The van is first-come-first-serve for parents wishing to attend.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: Confirm that you have your flip folder, lyre, and tuner. There are a few of these items laying around.
- If you did NOT purchase a 2023 Olnean (last year's yearbook) and would like one, they are for sale in the Yearbook room for $70. Please see Mrs. Rusk before school, during OTE, or after school.
- Students, this Friday is Mid-Term. Please take some time to check your grades. Do you have any missing work?? Remember, Mrs. Rusk is available after school in the library if you need any help.
- Our Homecoming game and dance is set for Friday, October 6. Look for an email coming out later this week with more details.
- Tiger roars go out to our Marching Tiger Band this morning. The RCHS Marching Tigers performed with nine other bands at the Jasper County Fall Festival Parade in Newton Saturday. RCHS won caption awards in Class 2A for Best Color Guard, Best Percussion, and Best Drum Major at the parade competition. The RCHS Marching Tigers earned a 1st Place in Class 2A, as well as earning the 2023 Jasper County Fall Festival Parade Grand Championship, outscoring all bands in all four classes of the competition. That is a full sweep, break out the brooms!
- Our Cross Country runners ran in the First to the Finish invite in Peoria Saturday. There were 477 total runners in the female division. Our lady runners placed in 25th place out of 53 teams. Tiger pats on the back go out to
- Mackenzi Thomas 106th place
- Lily Stevens 107th place
- Josie Ginder 113th place
- Karlee Piercefield 170th place
- Our Tiger runners also competed. Top finishers include:
- Kaeden Davis 173rd place
- Carter Seaman 307th place
- Kaydn Cooley 323rd place
- Ruger Stevens 517th place
- Our Tiger golf squad battled in some tough competition in Mattoon Friday and Saturday. Ayden Nealis was our top finisher. He fired rounds of 81 and 76. Reese Glover shot rounds of 86 and 78. Isaac Klingler came in with rounds of 92 and 91, and Tristan Mitchell shot rounds of 88 and 95.
- Our Tiger Tennis squad placed 4th at Mattoon Saturday. Tiger roars go out to Evie Potter & Claire Uhl who placed 5th in Doubles. Raley Inskeep & Karlee Bissey placed 6th in Doubles, and Mckenna Snider placed 3rd in Singles.
- We want to throw some good luck vibes to OTN this morning. Our Lady Tiger Golf squad will play here in Richland County and our Tiger Golfers will be on the road to Charleston. Our Lady Tiger Tennis teams will battle Charleston this afternoon, and our Freshman/Sophomore Football squad will lock paws with Lawrenceville tonight at 6:00 PM.
Have a great day today. You are in control of your actions, do what’s right - make today 1% better than yesterday, and remember everyday is a great day when you are an Olney Tiger!!