- Tomorrow's rehearsal schedule is listed above. This schedule is subject to change, should the need arise.
- SAVE THE DATE! The Music Shoppe hosts an instrument Step-Up Night at RCHS. This event is open to all high school students across our area, beginning band to high school. For those that are looking for an intermediate or professional instrument to take you to the next level, this is your chance to try out several instruments at RCHS! See the bottom of this post for more details.
- Panther Marching Band Member for a Day, which will take place on Saturday, November 12. Participating students will spend an EIU home football gameday marching and playing along with the Panther Marching Band. This is a great way for students to get a feel for what it feels like to perform in a college marching band and to spend the day on the EIU campus. You need to provide your own transportation. Click this link for more information:
- 35th Annual EIU High School Honor Band Festival, which will take place on Saturday, December 10 in the beautiful Doudna Fine Arts Center on the EIU campus. Fifty-five to sixty-five of the best high school band students in Illinois and Indiana will enjoy a day of band rehearsals, a faculty showcase recital and a group warm-up led by our outstanding applied faculty. The day will culminate in a shared concert with the EIU Wind Symphony in EIU's world-class, Dvorak Concert Hall. Transportation is provided by the school. Please notify Mr. Jones if you plan on attending. Click this link for more information:
- EXCUSED ABSENCE REQUEST FORM: Should you need to miss an event due to illness, another school event, or a once-in-a-lifetime event, please fill out the following form. You must first log into your rccu1 account before clicking on the link. Make sure to review the RCHS Bands handbook on the website, and to contact Mr. Jones after completing the form. Click HERE to access the form.
- SIU MUSIC & MOTION MARCHING BAND FESTIVAL: On October 1st, 2022 from 7:00am-6:00pm. Clicking HERE for more information.
- EFFINGHAM MARCHING HEARTS INVITATIONAL: On October 8th, 2022 from 8:30-10:30am. Clicking HERE for more information.
- DRIVERS NEEDED! We need back up drivers that are able to drive a 42 foot trailer. If you have a family member or a truck driver in the family, please encourage them to volunteer as a back up driver for the Marching Tigers. Mr. Deimel is our primary driver. Mr. Doan from the bus barn, is a back-up driver. However, if neither of them are available for a competition, we need someone to step in. Please have your family member email me at email@example.com if they are available. Family members may also call (618) 393-2191 ext. 3153.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The audition music is over Time of Your Life and the ILMEA scales mm. 1-6.
- STUDENT LEADERSHIP: We will meet on Thursday, September 29th during lunch to discuss The Twin Thieves. I am open to food ideas. Please read chapters 27-33. I would like to meet every Thursday during lunch during the 1st term.
- Missing items? Check the band's lost and found outside of the music office.
- Bring cash to competitions. Many competitions won't accept debit/credit cards.
- ILMEA AUDITION CUTS: ILMEA has narrowed the audition material. Visit https://ilmea.org/5auditions for more details.
- EIU HONOR JAZZ COMBO DAY: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Monday, November 7th. Click HERE for more information.
- EIU HIGH SCHOOL HONOR BAND FESTIVAL: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Saturday, December 10th. Click HERE for more information.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, what would you like to play for the final performance? Start thinking about it now!
- NO GUM! Just a reminder that gum is prohibited (in mouth or not) in the music department. I am aware that gum is allowed in the other parts of the school, and that the school handbook doesn't say anything about gum. However, gum can cause serious damage to an instrument (especially woodwinds). Also, I just scraped three pieces of gum off the band room floor.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2022 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. Many of you also earned 1-2 hours of personal time for perfect (or near perfect) attendance for practices from July 25th to August 13th. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, rehearsals before a performance, or for other classes. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- Order your A Matter of Time show-attire RCHS Marching Tigers ball-cap, & the department attire now by clicking HERE. I updated the form as of 8/25 to include the ball-cap. The front of the ball-cap will have our "O" logo (as seen below). The back of the cap will say "Marching Tigers" in white (no picture of this one yet - sorry). The ball-cap will not contain the music department logo. The cost for ball-caps is $40. Sousaphones, your caps are free; however, I still need you to fill out the form for sizes.
- COLOR GUARD: You were exempt from Tuesdays and Thursdays practices from 7-8am to compensate for the two hour evening rehearsals. Because your evening practices are now only 1.5 hours, I am modifying your schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You will still report to class at 8am on Tuesdays; however, from this point forward, you need to report on Thursdays at 7:30am. If a member of the color guard is not able to attend a portion, or all, of an evening rehearsal, that individual will make up your time between Tuesday from 7-8, and/or Thursday from 7-7:30.
- The music commons is available to use during lunch!