4 REHEARSALS: AUGUST 25, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
9 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
7:00-7:59......INSIDE REHEARSAL for Inside the Circle, National Anthem, On Wisconsin, ERHS Time-Out Tunes, the show music, pencils, and tuners. Ethan, Ethan, and Evey paint the field. Mentors, please help remind your littles to bring a tuner and a pencil to rehearsal.
8:00-9:00......OUTSIDE for movements 15-22A (no instruments, with water, drill charts, and coordinates)
OBJECTIVES: Today's focus is on the music (mostly the ERHS Time-Out tunes, and show music) for the first half, and learning sets 17-22A for the second half
- MENTORS/MENTEES: There are a number of things falling through the cracks. Mentors, check in with your mentees once a day to make sure that your littles know what is coming up. This is especially important for events outside of the school day, both rehearsals and performances.
- ASSIGNMENTS: Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- Flexibility/Scales #1, or Drop Spins for Color Guard due tonight before midnight
- I Dreamed A Dream due before 11:59 am Wednesday
- 8/25 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: For details pertaining to tonight's performance, click HERE.
- SATURDAY REHEARSALS: August 26th from 9:30am to noon.
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- KEEP THE PLACE CLEAN: Please help keep the music department clean. Put away your instruments, music, coordinates, drill charts, flip folders, lyres, tuners, and pencils. Place your dirty clothes in your school locker, not your band locker. Also, let's not use our feet or knees to open doors, or place hands on the windows. Please and thank you!
- REHEARSAL START-TIMES:
b) Winds and percussion ready for downbeat on Tue. & Thurs. at 7am
c) Color guard leaves for the field at 8am on Tue., & Thurs. at 8am
d) Color guard rehearsal from 6-8pm on the field or gym
e) Drumline rehearsals on Monday 3:15-4:30pm
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so as to not lose them. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays.www.rchsbands.net/announcements--itineraries/2023-meet-the-tigers-nights-night
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- COLOR GUARD: You do not report to class until 8am on Tuesdays and Thursdays to compensate for the two hour rehearsal on Thursday nights from 6-8 pm.
- SHOES: Make sure to pay for your DrillMasters or the Crossovers
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Liam Ryden, Emily Roth, and Brandon Seessengood.
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? This includes the upcoming Logistics Day. Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- HALLOWEEN PARADE TUNE: It's time to pick our Halloween Parade tune! Take a look at the following tunes. Pick any song except Avengers! Click HERE for the sheet music.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- MISSING ITEMS: Lost items have been relocated to the Lost-&-Found outside of the high school office
- EARN PERSONAL HOURS: Each Saturday practice is worth 30 minutes of earned band personal hour to be used at a later date. However, personal hours may not be used the school day, or the day before a performance.
- Students, remember to stop by the library to check out books, use the computer lab, or use the creative workspace. If you need extra time to work, Mrs. Rusk will be available in the library after school this week.
- Attention, all students who ride a bus to the middle school. Please make sure you get to your bus asap after the 2:53 bell. Buses pull out at 3:00.
- Students, you should have an assigned OTE class to report to today. Please check your schedule if you are not sure what class you have.
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors - 2023 Olnean Yearbooks have arrived! You can pick yours up anytime this week AFTER SCHOOL in the Yearbook room (located right outside the Library)
- The FFA back to school bash is scheduled for this Wednesday from 6:00 - 7:30 PM in the Ag room. If you have any questions, please contact an FFA advisor or a student representative.
- There will be a meeting for all girls planning to play softball this Thursday during OTE in Coach Powell's classroom. The meeting will be brief but important if you are planning to play.
- Best of luck today One Tiger Nation!! Our Lady Tiger Volleyball teams will kick start their season this afternoon in Fairfield, and our Tiger and Lady Tiger golfers will be in action at the golf course in Olney.
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation