OCTOBER 4, 2023..........ILMEA Auditions (Required participation for Tri-M members)
2 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 6, 2023..........Homecoming & Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
3 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 7, 2023..........Newton Marching Eagles Band Classic in Newton
8 REHEARSALS REMAINING = OCTOBER 14, 2023..........Final Performance at 7 PM (RCHS stadium)
7:00-7:14......Travel in half-time block to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-7:44......Review sets 41-47 (WITHOUT INSTRUMENTS)
7:45-9:00......Review sets 1-47 (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
Review sets 41-47
Run sets 1-47
- MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC ON 10/7: This is our last competition of the season! It also is a short day for the band. Please click HERE for more information.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: The Final Performance has been moved! The new performance date/time is Saturday, October 14th at 7 p.m. The call-time for all Marching Tigers is 6 p.m.
- PERFORMANCE MAKE-UP ASSIGNMENT: For those with excused absences from performances, please complete the make-up assignment before the end of the term. You may find the make-up projects by clicking HERE.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: MICAH MARSHALL (10/5), MRS. DEIMEL (10/16) and EMMA MEADOWS (10/24).
- OLNEY FALL FUN FESTIVAL: I regret to say that the RCHS Marching Tigers will not perform at the 2023 Olney Fall Fun Festival. Unfortunately, the band has been scheduled to perform at an earlier time at Eastern IL. University than we have in prior years. Due to this conflict, we are unable to perform at the Olney City Park event. The high school choir, however, will perform at 8:30 a.m., before we depart to Charleston. We simply could not fit a performance from the band and choir without the band being late to EIU.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Homecoming week continues! Tiger shout outs go to our Junior boys as they defeated the senior boys and barely got by our faculty last night.
- Tonight, the senior ladies will try to take down the junior ladies in Powder Puff football action. Kickoff is at 6:30 PM right here in our backyard.
The daily scavenger hunt continues today - find Barbie and bring her to Ms. Fehrenbacher to claim your Casey’s gift card!
Mrs. Rusk and Mrs. Goodrum put together a Barbie backdrop on the library terrace. Check it out and use it as a photobooth today!
Immediately after announcements, Homecoming Court candidates need to meet in the commons.
- Students, please return your borrowed Chromebooks and chargers to the library.
- Attention, Sophomores and Seniors - Representatives from Jostens are here today. Sophomores, please go to the PAC after announcements. Seniors, we will call you down later after the sophomores are finished for graduation announcements.
- Girl Powderpuff shirts are available to pick up in Mrs. Fleming's room during OTA today. If you haven't paid for a shirt or turned in permission slip forms you may not get your shirt until those are turned in.
- Don’t forget to purchase your Homecoming dance tickets for Friday. They are available to purchase before school, during lunch, and after school in the hallway outside of the main office door. $3 now or $5 at the door Friday night. The dance will begin at 9:30 PM and will end at 11:30 PM
- OTN was on fire last night!! Our athletic squads pulled off a hat trick trifecta!
- Tiger roars go out to our Tiger Soccer squad as they defeated T-Town last night 3 to 0. This was T-Town’s second loss this year!! Poalo Ronaldo scored 2 goals and had 1 assist - Ale Messi scored 1 goal and had 1 assist in the win.
- Tiger pats on the back go out to our Lady Tiger Volleyball team as they took down Paris last night 25 to 18, 23 to 25, and 25 to 18. Aliyah Tracy and Danielle Brown had 10 kills, Rylee Bloomer had 35 assists, Abbi Mitchell had 2 aces, Danielle Brown had 2 blocks, and our Liberator, Maddie Piercefield had 21 digs. Our JV squad was also victorious last night 25 to 19 and 28 to 26.
- Our Lady Tiger Tennis team defeated Centralia last night.
- Here are your words of wisdom for this Wednesday: I want to leave you with 5 thoughts you need to say to yourself this morning:
1. Attack this day with enthusiasm
2. Stay positive
3. Be thankful
4. Learn, improve, grow
5. Be a blessing to others
Have a great day today. You are in control of your actions, do what’s right - make today 1% better than yesterday, and remember everyday is a great day when you are an Olney Tiger!!