OCTOBER 4, 2023..........ILMEA Auditions (Required participation for Tri-M members)
1 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 6, 2023..........Homecoming & Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
2 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 7, 2023..........Newton Marching Eagles Band Classic in Newton
7 REHEARSALS REMAINING = OCTOBER 14, 2023..........Final Performance at 7 PM (RCHS stadium)
7:00-7:14......Travel in half-time block to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-9:00......Clean sets 1-47 (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
- 2024 RCHS MARCHING TIGERS LEADERSHIP AUDITIONS: Intersted in auditioning/intervening for the 2024 leadership? Click HERE to fill out the form! You may find the prerequisites and audition material by clicking HERE.
- LUNCH: Sorry, folks! The music department is not open during lunch this week.
- MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC ON 10/7: This is our last competition of the season! It also is a short day for the band. Please click HERE for more information. Leadership has asked for a call-time of 9:45 a.m. Please meet in the band room at that time.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: The Final Performance has been moved! The new performance date/time is Saturday, October 14th at 7 p.m. The call-time for all Marching Tigers is 6 p.m.
- UPCOMING 2ND TERM PERFORMANCES: Click HERE to see all upcoming performances.
- PERFORMANCE MAKE-UP ASSIGNMENT: For those with excused absences from performances, please complete the make-up assignment before the end of the term. You may find the make-up projects by clicking HERE.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: MICAH MARSHALL (10/5), MRS. DEIMEL (10/16) and EMMA MEADOWS (10/24).
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Homecoming week continues! Tiger shout outs go to our senior girls for being crowned Powder Puff champions last night by a score of 8 to 0.
- Tonight, is pack the place night. Our Tiger Soccer squad will battle Robinson at the middle school at 4:30 PM. This is senior night for our squad and if Paulo Ronaldo scores at least one goal, he will be our season record scoring holder. After the game, head over to Beautiful, Historic Ron Herrin Gym to watch our Lady Tiger Volleyball squad lock paws with Robinson. JV is scheduled for 6:00 PM with Varsity to follow. The theme is hippie night.
We have a lot going on tomorrow, there is no OTA or OTE. Lunch will take place from 12:15 - 12:50. When lunch is over, you will need to report to your OTA class for attendance. We will then have a Homecoming Pep Assembly at 1:05 PM in Ron Herrin Gym. From there, you will report for the parade line up or stay in the gym if you decide not to watch the parade. After the parade, students will be bused from the elementary school back to the high school for dismissal. If you ride a bus home, you are to remain in the commons until 2:50 PM. The dress up theme for tomorrow is extreme spirit day. Please refrain from wearing face paint until the parade if you choose to do so.
- Students, make sure you stop by the library commons today for some exciting photo back drops!! Today’s theme is blast from the past.
- Students, please cast your Homecoming King and Queen vote today. The ballot was shared with you via email from Mrs Fleming. Voting will end this morning at 10 am.
- Students, please return your borrowed Chromebooks and chargers to the library. We want them back or we won’t have any to loan.
- Attention, Chemistry wizzes - there will be a Chemistry review during OTA today for any students who wish to attend. Please check in with your OTA teacher first.
- Don’t forget to purchase your Homecoming dance tickets for Friday. They are available to purchase before school, during lunch, and after school in the hallway outside of the main office door. $3 now or $5 at the door Friday night. The dance will begin at 9:30 PM and will end at 11:30 PM.
- Tiger roars go out to Rylee Bloomer! She broke the career aces record at the Triad Tournament in the game against East St. Louis on Saturday. She currently has 91 career aces. Way to go Rylee!
- Tiger shout outs go to Eliza Weitkamp and Ethan Longbons. They are our artists of the week. Check out our OTN News and highlights on the TV’s.
- The Olney FFA Food Science team took 1st place in the Varsity and JV competition at SIU Carbondale yesterday! Tiger roars go out to Victoria Rudolphi as she took 1st place in the Varsity division and Kylie Kocher was crowned 1st place in the JV division.
- We have some students to recognize this morning for their hard work in IXL. Mr. Houchin needs to see the following students in the commons for Ginger Ales Gift Cards.
- Today is Thursday folks, you know what this means? That’s right, it’s trivia Thursday. First two students who email Mr. Houchin with the correct answer will win some grub. In what year was You Tube created??