- THURSDAY'S REHEARSAL: Full ensemble rehearsal from 7-8am on the tennis courts. We will continue memorization check over the third movement. We are on the field from 8-9 reviewing and cleaning sets 1-30.
- FRIDAY'S REHEARSAL: Hopefully, we can use the stadium field. The focus Is on sets 1-34A.
- TRI-M & BEGINNING BAND: I have started a beginning band at the 7th grade. We also have two 8th grade beginning band students. Because I only see them 2-3 times a week, over a 30-,minute lesson, I would like to create YouTube videos to which they may practice at home. TRI-M, I will contact a number of you about making a short video this week.
- ILMEA MUSIC CUTS: SENIOR WINDS & SENIOR JAZZ
- SATURDAY'S PERFORMANCE: We will perform The Greatest Show, This Is Me, & Never Enough/From Now On Saturday. The goal is to march all three movements.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for 9/25, 10/2, & 10/16. We have been assigned a truck instead of a van for 10/2. On this day, many of the adults that would travel on the van will travel on the buses instead. Click HERE to view your bus assignment, or scroll to the bottom of this post.
- NEWTON MARCHING EAGLES CLASSIC & THE ROBINSON MARCHING MAROONS BAND FESTIVAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- EFFINGHAM MARCHING HEARTS INVITATIONAL: Click HERE for the itinerary.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: Click HERE for the Itinerary.
- SENIOR SONG: Seniors, start thinking ahead to what you would like to play. Please meet with Kali regarding the selections. I need to know this week.
- ILMEA AUDITIONS: For those of you taking lessons with me, you may find the schedule HERE. Evan & Madison, please see me regarding ILMEA lessons.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Kali Hinterscher, Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2021 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, however. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
➢ No birthdays today.
➢ Lunch Stand at St. Paul United Methodist Church (across from the high school) will be serving lunch today. The lunch will consist of a pork burger, cheesy pork burger, hamburger or cheeseburger, chips, drink and cookies for $3.00. An additional sandwich will be $2.00. Lunch will be served every Wednesday. Hope to see you at St. Paul.
➢ We will have a 2:00 pm dismissal on Friday, October 1st.
- 1st block: 8:00 - 9:18
- 2nd block: 9:25 - 10:40
- 3rd block: 10:47 - 12:02
- Lunch: 12:03 - 12:42
- 4th block: 12:42 - 2:00
- Bus departs @ 3:00
➢ The Art Club will have an Art Club meeting during OTE on Thursday, Sept. 30th to work on the parade float. Please plan on attending.
➢ ATTENTION!! Any 9th grade student who has not turned in their physical or 12th grade student who has not turned in their MCV4 Meningitis will be excluded on October 15th. This is a State of Illinois law so if the required physical or MCV4 is not received by October 15th those days missed will be unexcused. The student will not have an online or remote option. They will not be allowed to ride the bus, enter the classroom or play any sport. This date cannot be changed as it is set by the State of Illinois so call your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner as soon as possible if you need a physical or the Richland County Health Department if you need your MCV4 Meningitis. They all get extremely busy since the other schools have students calling for these requirements also. If you have any questions about these requirements, call me at 393-2191 ext 3135 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
➢ ELF rehearsal will be on Thursday, September 30th @ 3:30 as previously scheduled.
➢ All RCHS students must sign up any non-RCHS student as a guest. Middle school students or any high school dropouts will not be allowed to come as a guest. In addition to signing up the guest, students must take a copy of the “Guest Request Form for Dances” and have it completed by the appropriate people. All completed forms must be turned in to the high school office by Wednesday, October 6th. Failure to follow this process will result in non-admittance of the guest.
➢ Homecoming is quickly approaching! October 3rd - 9th
Here is an overview of the week:
- Monday- Pep Session @ 2pm (no OTA or OTE)
- Class Color Day (Teachers wear black)
- Freshmen - Green
- Sophomores - Blue
- Juniors - Purple
- Seniors - Pink
- Tuesday- Euro-Style Soccer Celebration @ 4:30
- Mismatch Day
- Wednesday- Powder Puff Football Game @ 6
- Vote for King & Queen (during OTA)
- Costume Day
- Thursday- Boys Volleyball Game - after Varsity game
- Parade Line-Up @ 1:10 with step-off @ 1:30 (no OTA or OTE, classes are 62 minutes)
- Extreme Tiger Spirit Day
- Friday- Coronation at halftime of Football Game
- Saturday- Dance 7 - 9 pm outside in the circle drive
➢ Homecoming Week is quickly approaching.
The PowderPuff Football Game will be held on Wed Oct 6th at 6:00. Girls wanting to play must sign-up in advance. Seniors can sign-up with Reese Smith, Marni Burgener, or in the Main Office. Juniors can sign-up with Caroline Glover, Taylor Runyon, or in the Main Office. The cost is $15 and must be paid when you sign-up. A permission slip is required to practice and play. The last day to sign-up is Tues Sept 28th.
➢ The Community Service OTE will be collecting the following MEN'S new or gently used clothing items starting Wednesday Sept 15th through Friday Oct. 1st. Items collected will be used for the Unity Project's men's clothing give away on Oct 16th. The 3rd block class that has the highest average of points (points/person) will receive an hour lunch (this is a correction from the fliers). The second place class will receive a 50 min lunch. Items being collected are: Men's coats (5 pts), Men's jeans (4 pts), unisex or Men's hoodies (4 pts), New Men's socks (3 pts), unisex or Men's t-shirts (2 pt), and Men's hat's and scarves (1 pt).
➢ Cheesy pull a part/marinara, carrots & dip, sliced peaches and milk
➢ Boys Golf - IHSA 2A Regional @ Olney (Home) 9:00 AM
➢ Girls Tennis vs. Robinson (Away) 4:00 PM
➢ Boys Soccer vs. Salem (Away) 4:30 PM
➢ Volleyball vs. Mt. Carmel (Away) 5:15 PM