OCTOBER 4, 2023..........ILMEA Auditions (Required participation for Tri-M members)
4 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 6, 2023..........Homecoming & Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
4 REHEARSALS REMAINING= OCTOBER 7, 2023..........Newton Marching Eagles Band Classic in Newton
8 REHEARSALS REMAINING = OCTOBER 17, 2023..........Final Performance at 7 PM (RCHS stadium)
7:00-7:14......Travel in Parade Block A to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-7:49......Review sets 21a-36a (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
7:50-9:00......Review sets 1-36a (WITHOUT INSTRUMENTS)
Review sets 36a-41
Learn sets 41-47
- ASSIGNMENT DUE TODAY: Complete the AAR for the Sage City Invitational, which you will find on www.rccu1.schoology.net. At least one recording from a music judge, and one recording from a visual visual judge. Fill out at least three things we should continue doing (things we do well), and at least three things on which we need to improve. The assignment is due Monday at 11:59 p.m. I pushed the deadline back a school day to give you more time. Please let me know should anyone have problems accessing the recordings.
- MOVE THE FINAL PERFORMANCE? Would anyone have a conflict if I move the Final Performance to Saturday, October 14th? If so, what times would you be unavailable? I am considering moving the performance because we wouldn't have a rehearsal for four days leading up to the Final Performance. Also, we would have short rehearsals on October 12th and 13th to accomodate final exams.
- PERFORMANCE MAKE-UP ASSIGNMENT: For those with excused absences from performances, please complete the make-up assignment before the end of the term. You may find the make-up projects by clicking HERE.
- UPDATE TO 10/7: The event coordinators for the Newton Marching Eagles Classic revised the performance schedules. We now perform at 2:45 p.m. Please see below for more details.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets.
- OTA BAND PASSES: Once your OTA teacher reviews your grades, you've completed your IXL Math and ELA assignments, and you've finished your assignments, you may fill in a pass to go to the Music Department during OTA. To fill out the pass, click HERE. Students need to sign into their rccu1 account before clicking on the link.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS FOR 10/7: Click HERE to view.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: Last call! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- MARCHING EAGLES BAND CLASSIC ON 10/7: This is our last competition of the season! It also is a short day for the band. Please click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Our weekly leadership council lunch/book chat is tomorrow. The assigned readings are chapters 28-35.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: AIDAN GOMEZ (10/4), MICAH MARSHALL (10/5), MRS. DEIMEL (10/16) and EMMA MEADOWS (10/24).
- OLNEY FALL FUN FESTIVAL: I regret to say that the RCHS Marching Tigers will not perform at the 2023 Olney Fall Fun Festival. Unfortunately, the band has been scheduled to perform at an earlier time at Eastern IL. University than we have in prior years. Due to this conflict, we are unable to perform at the Olney City Park event. The high school choir, however, will perform at 8:30 a.m., before we depart to Charleston. We simply could not fit a performance from the band and choir without the band being late to EIU.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- It’s Homecoming Week - Let the show begin! The hallways and doors look great - try to get your decorating completed today.
Tonight is the outdoor movie at 7:00pm in the circle drive/bus lane! Bring a chair or a blanket to sit on the lawn and watch Ghostbusters. The movie is free and JROTC will be selling snacks.
The daily scavenger hunt begins today - find a blue troll and bring it to Ms. Fehrenbacher to claim your Ginger Ale’s gift card!
The dress up theme tomorrow is Adam Sandler Day. Personally, my favorite Adam Sandler quote is this, “Now that I’m a parent, I can understand why my father was in a bad mood a lot.”
- Attention - Best Buddies members, there will be a meeting this morning right after announcements in the commons area in OTA.
- Tiger roars go out to our volleyball squad as they participated in the Troy tournament over the weekend. Our Spikin Lady Tigers grabbed a couple of wins defeating Springfield Luthern 25 to 17 and East St. Louis 25 to 17 and 25 to 8. Throughout tournament play, Aliyah Tracy had 36 kills, our liberator Maddie Piercefield had 11 aces and 52 digs, Rylee Bloomer had a whopin’ 103 assists, and Danielle Brown had 5 blocks. Aliyah Tracy was also selected to the All-Tournament team.
- Our Lady Tiger Cross Country team ran in the Nike Twilight Saturday. They finished in 6th place out of 27 teams. Mackenzi Thomas took 12th place, Josie Ginder grabbed 38th place, Lily Stevens finished in 74th place, and Karlee Piercefield claimed 78th place. There were 358 runners total.
- Our Tiger Cross Country squad placed 29th out of 42 teams in this event. Kaeden Davis finished in 78th place, Carter Seaman took 204th place, Kaydn Cooley claimed 210th place, and Trenton Payne grabbed 212th place. There were 435 runners in this event.
- The RCHS Marching Tigers competed at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston Saturday. The band placed 4th in their class, and earned Best Percussion in Class 2A. Out of a total of twenty-two bands that participated in the marching band competition (Classes 1A-6A) the Tigers had the seventh highest rating for percussion, outperforming percussion sections with bands twice our size. Out of five bands within our class, the Marching Tigers placed 4th. The drumline and front ensemble scored second out of thirteen competing percussion sections in classes 1A-3A.
- Tiger pats on the back go out to our FFA Forestry Team as they won the State Contest on Saturday! Isaac Zwilling took home 1st place! Owen Kocher was close behind in 2nd, Carter Anderson in 6th, Kylie Kocher in 8th, and Natalie Zwilling in 12th.
- Tiger good luck roars go out to OTN this afternoon. We have two Tiger golfers participating in Sectional action in Mt. Carmel. Tiger good luck wishes go to Ayden Nealis and Reese Glover today. Our Tiger soccer squad will be on the road to Effingham and our Freshman/Sophomore Football team will play in Mt. Carmel.