7:00-7:04......Attendance & lunch count in the rehearsal hall
- Listen to judges comments (continued...)
- Rehearse The Greatest Show for the Final Performance and for field conductor practices. Auditions for field conductor are Thursday at this time.
- Auditions for Honors Wind Chamber Ensemble (Please let me know if you would prefer to audition during this time next week).
7:50-8:04.........Travel to the PRACTICE FIELD and stretch
- Clean sets 1-47 (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
Clean the the Full Show!
Learn The Greatest Show
Leadership speeches and auditions for field conductor and captains
- MATTRESS FUNDRAISER SIGNS & FLYERS: The signs and flyers are in! Come get yours in the band room. The more we post around the community, the more successful we will me.
- 2024 RCHS MARCHING TIGERS LEADERSHIP AUDITIONS: Interested in auditioning/intervening for the 2024 leadership? Click HERE to fill out the form! You may find the prerequisites and audition material by clicking HERE.
- FIELD CONDUCTOR - The audition and speech for the field conductor is during early bird on Thursday, October 12th
- CAPTAINS (2 positions) - Auditions, demonstration of marching fundamentals & commands, and the recorded speech are Thursday, October 31st by 3 p.m.
- SECTION LEADERS - Section leader auditions are due by Tuesday, November 21st on SmartMusic.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: The Final Performance has been moved! The new performance date/time is Saturday, October 14th at 7 p.m. The call-time for all Marching Tigers is 6 p.m.
- UPCOMING 2ND TERM PERFORMANCES: Click HERE to see all upcoming performances.
- PERFORMANCE MAKE-UP ASSIGNMENT: For those with excused absences from performances, please complete the make-up assignment before the end of the term. You may find the make-up projects by clicking HERE.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets. Auditions are due prior to 11:59:59 p.m. on Thursday. You may also elect to use last year's playing test as your audition. Please message me if this is the case.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: MRS. DEIMEL (10/16) and EMMA MEADOWS (10/24).
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Students, the term ends this Friday. Please take some time to check out your grades. Do you have any missing work?
- Since the term ends this Friday, this is the final week for our attendance percentage challenge. Make sure you do your part and get to class. Remember, each class has to meet or beat 94% to earn your one hour lunch.
- There is an FBLA officer meeting during lunch in Mrs. Stallard’s room today.
- There will be a full Student Council meeting, including club representatives today during OTE in the RCPAC.
- The RCHS Marching Tigers competed at their last marching band competition for the 2023 season! The Marching Tigers competed in the 2023 Marching Eagles Classic in Newton this past Saturday. Your Marching Tigers placed 2nd in Class 4A. Out of a total of sixteen bands that participated in the competition (Classes 1A-4A), the RCHS Marching Tigers placed fifth overall. The drum line scored third out of sixteen competing drum lines. Our drum major, Emma Wells, scored second overall out of all drum majors from all sixteen bands. Congratulations to all RCHS Marching Tigers on a very successful season!
- Tiger pats on the back go out to Reese Glover as he competed in state competition over the weekend. Reese finished in a tie for 37th place. Nice shootin’ Reese.
- Tiger shout outs to Evie Potter and Clarie Uhl as they are crowned conference doubles champions over the weekend. Mckenna Snider grabbed 2nd place in singles action.
- Tiger good luck wishes go out to our cross country squads as they travel to Terre Haute for the Little Illini Conference meet.
- Our STRIPES character trait for the month of October is trust. Students who receive this honor from a teacher will receive a pink shirt that will represent cancer awareness. Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair.
- Today is Tuesday folks, you all know what this means? That’s right, it’s time for the joke of the day sponsored by Mr. Gary Walters. The inspiration from this joke comes from the 49ers beating the Cowboys Sunday night - sorry Mrs. Tara!! All righty, here we go: Why did the cowboy decide to quit his job at the rodeo? It was a spur of the moment decision.