7:00-7:04......Attendance & lunch count in the rehearsal hall
- Listen to judges comments & watch the video (continued...)
- Rehearse The Greatest Show for the Final Performance and for field conductor practices. Auditions for field conductor are Thursday at this time.
- Field Conductor Audition
- Auditions for Honors Wind Chamber Ensemble (Please let me know if you would prefer to audition during this time next week).
7:50-8:04.........Travel to the PRACTICE FIELD and stretch
- Clean sets 1-47 (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
Clean the the Full Show!
Learn The Greatest Show
Leadership speeches and auditions for field conductor and captains
- IMPORTANT: Complete any missing assignments ASAP!!!
- MATTRESS FUNDRAISER SIGNS & FLYERS: The signs and flyers are in! Please grab a sign for your lawn, and a small number of flyers to help advertise. Every bit helps! Proceeds to go help cover the pay for Mr. Vaal, Mr. Weitkamp, and Ms. Bogard. We will also use a portion of the money to start a Winter Guard (6th-12th Grade Color Guard) that will perform at basketball games. This will help make the 2024 RCHS Marching Tigers more successful next season!
- 2024 RCHS MARCHING TIGERS LEADERSHIP AUDITIONS: Interested in auditioning/intervening for the 2024 leadership? Click HERE to fill out the form! You may find the prerequisites and audition material by clicking HERE.
- FIELD CONDUCTOR - The audition and speech for the field conductor is during early bird on Thursday, October 12th
- CAPTAINS (2 positions) - Auditions, demonstration of marching fundamentals & commands, and the recorded speech are Thursday, October 31st by 3 p.m.
- SECTION LEADERS - Section leader auditions are due by Tuesday, November 21st on SmartMusic.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: The Final Performance has been moved! The new performance date/time is Saturday, October 14th at 7 p.m. The call-time for all Marching Tigers is 6 p.m.
- UPCOMING 2ND TERM PERFORMANCES: Click HERE to see all upcoming performances.
- PERFORMANCE MAKE-UP ASSIGNMENT: For those with excused absences from performances, please complete the make-up assignment before the end of the term. You may find the make-up projects by clicking HERE.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets. Auditions are due prior to 11:59:59 p.m. on Thursday. You may also elect to use last year's playing test as your audition. Please message me if this is the case.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: MRS. DEIMEL (10/16) and EMMA MEADOWS (10/24).
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Students, the term ends this Friday. Please take some time to check out your grades. Do you have any missing work?
- Seniors and sophomores, representatives from Josten’s will be here today during lunch. Please drop off your order forms - a table will be set up in the office hallway. Please email Mrs. Natalie Berry if you have any questions.
- There will be a FBLA member meeting tomorrow in Room 206. All members are invited to attend. Pizza will be available for $3.
- We have some attendance percentage numbers to throw today.
- Seniors - You are currently sitting at 95.02%
- Juniors - You are currently sitting at 94.46%
- Sophomores - You are at 94.65%
- Freshmen - You are at 94.59%
- We have some Little Illini Conference Champs in the house today. Tiger pats on the back go to our Lady Tiger Cross Country Team as they were crowned conference champs yesterday. Your Runnin’ Tigers defeated Robinson by 1 point to claim the title. Mackenzi Thomas claimed 5th place overall, Josie Ginder grabbed 8th place, Lily Stevens finished in 9th place, Briley Kocher took 10th place, and Karlee Piercefield claimed 15th place. McKenzi, Josie, Lily, and Briley were named to the all conference team. Our Tiger runners took 3rd place in the conference meet. Tiger roars go out to Kaeden Davis as he finished in 4th place overall. Carter Seaman took 15th place, Kaydn Cooley claimed 18th place, and Trenton Payne finished in 23rd place. Kaeden was named to the all conference team.
- Here are your words of wisdom for this Wednesday: Resilience isn’t just bouncing back, it’s having the courage to move forward and choose to have a life of joy even when things don’t go as planned.