8:00-8:02......Attendance & lunch count in the rehearsal hall
- Rehearse The Greatest Show for the Final Performance, conducted by Ethan Zuber
8:15-8:24.........Travel to the STADIUM FIELD
8:25-9:00......Run and clean sets 1-47 (WITH INSTRUMENTS)
Clean the the Full Show!
Learn The Greatest Show
- IMPORTANT: Complete any missing assignments ASAP!
- OTE ON OCTOBER 12TH: All band students need to report to the music department during OTE today.
- GREEN ROOM: The green room is off-limits to students Thursday, October 12th and Friday, October 13th.
- MATTRESS FUNDRAISER SIGNS & FLYERS: The signs and flyers are in! Please grab a sign for your lawn, and a small number of flyers to help advertise. Every bit helps! Proceeds to go help cover the pay for Mr. Vaal, Mr. Weitkamp, and Ms. Bogard. We will also use a portion of the money to start a Winter Guard (6th-12th Grade Color Guard) that will perform at basketball games. This will help make the 2024 RCHS Marching Tigers more successful next season!
- 2024 RCHS MARCHING TIGERS LEADERSHIP AUDITIONS: Interested in auditioning/intervening for the 2024 leadership? Click HERE to fill out the form! You may find the prerequisites and audition material by clicking HERE.
- CAPTAINS (2 positions) - Auditions, demonstration of marching fundamentals & commands, and the recorded speech are Thursday, October 31st by 3 p.m.
- SECTION LEADERS - Section leader auditions are due by Tuesday, November 21st on SmartMusic.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: The Final Performance has been moved! The new performance date/time is Saturday, October 14th at 7 p.m. The call-time for all Marching Tigers is 6 p.m.
- UPCOMING 2ND TERM PERFORMANCES: Click HERE to see all upcoming performances. The basketball band performances were posted as of 10/12/2023
- PERFORMANCE MAKE-UP ASSIGNMENT: For those with excused absences from performances, please complete the make-up assignment before the end of the term. You may find the make-up projects by clicking HERE.
- HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS: Auditions are open! Winds, log into your SmartMusic accounts. Your audition is over a portion of the Sr. ILMEA Scales. Percussion, your audition may be over one of two things: 1) ILMEA Scales like the winds; or 2) the 2023 ILMEA Band Auditions on snare drum and mallets. Auditions are due prior to 11:59:59 p.m. on Thursday. You may also elect to use last year's playing test as your audition. Please message me if this is the case.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: MRS. DEIMEL (10/16) and EMMA MEADOWS (10/24).
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Students, the term ends tomorrow. Please take some time to check out your grades. Ms. Tena is available through the day and Mrs. Rusk is available in the library after school for extra help.
- There will be a FBLA member meeting today in Room 206. All members are invited to attend. Pizza will be available for $3.
- There is an FFA chapter meeting during OTE in the PAC this afternoon.
- ALL students are invited to the FCA meeting tomorrow during lunch. We are going to try to meet at the upper deck of Ron Herrin Gym on the south side (entrance is near the elevator). Bring $2 for pizza or bring your own lunch and spread the word! Have a great week and good luck on final exams!
- Tiger good luck roars go out to our Lady Tiger Volleyball squad as they will travel to Newton this evening.
- Today is Thursday folks - you all know what this means?? That’s right, it’s Trivia Thursday. This trivia question is sponsored by Cameron White. The first 2 students who email Mr. Houchin with the correct answer will win something real nice Clark. What root vegetable was traditionally used to carve Jack o Lanterns before the switch was made to pumpkins?