1 REHEARSALS: AUGUST 18, 2023..........Meet the Tigers at 6:30 PM (RCHS stadium)
6 REHEARSALS: AUGUST 25, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
7:00-9:10......Review Let's Go Tigers (sets 1-9) and 1st & 2nd mvt. (sets 1-15).
We start off in the stadium to run Meet the Tigers. We will move (winds, drumline, front ensemble, and color guard) to the practice field soon after.
OBJECTIVES: Clean drill for Let's Go Tigers (pregame sets 1-9) and the half-time show (sets 1-15) WITH INSTRUMENTS AND WATER
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- MEET THE TIGERS UNIFORM: The uniform for Friday night includes your department shirt (new design), department shorts, black-crew socks, and your marching band shoes. Sorry! I know you wanted to wear the full uniform. Unfortunately, the uniforms are not yet ready. The bibbers have been sent home with parents to wash. We will be in full uniform for the first performance next week.
- SATURDAY REHEARSALS: August 19th and 26th from 9:30am to noon.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so as to not lose them. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays.
- RCCU1 APP: Please message me on the RCCU1 app so that I know you have access. In the very near future, all communication must be through the RCCU1 app for the marching band.
- EARN PERSONAL HOURS: Each Saturday practice is worth 30 minutes of earned band personal hour to be used at a later date. However, personal hours may not be used the school day, or the day before a performance.
- ENTRANCES IN THE MORNING:
b) South entrance doors from 6:50-6:57am. Student drivers
- REHEARSAL START-TIMES:
b) Winds and percussion ready for downbeat on Tue. & Thurs. at 7am
c) Color guard leaves for the field at 8am on Tue., & Thurs. at 8am
d) Color guard rehearsal from 6-8pm on the field or gym
e) Drumline rehearsals on Monday 3:15-4:30pm
- MENTORSHIP PROGRAM: Mentors, touch base with your littles regarding the upcoming performance on Friday. Please message me when you are done.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- COLOR GUARD: You do not report to class until 8am on Tuesdays and Thursdays to compensate for the two hour rehearsal on Thursday nights from 6-8 pm.
- SHOES: Make sure to pay for your DrillMasters or the Crossovers within the next day or two.
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Liam Ryden, Emily Roth, and Brandon Seessengood.
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? This includes the upcoming Logistics Day. Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- HALLOWEEN PARADE TUNE: It's time to pick our Halloween Parade tune! Take a look at the following tunes. Pick any song except Avengers! Click HERE for the sheet music.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- MISSING ITEMS: Lost items have been relocated to the Lost-&-Found outside of the high school office
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you have time left over from last year, or you have earned time by performing at the Memorial Day Ceremony, or you earned time over the preseason camp. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- Students, please continue to report to your OTA classes during OTE this week. Make sure you check your email and complete the survey to select your choices for OTE. Please, keep your grades up so you can participate in the OTE activity of your choice.
- There will be a junior class meeting today right after announcements in the PAC. Sophomores, your day will be tomorrow. Make sure you report to OTA for attendance and announcements before you attend your meeting.
- A short baseball meeting will be held after school on Friday at 3:05 for any student interested in playing baseball in the spring. Meeting is in room 202 with Mr. Duenas.
- The Library is open every day after school for you to check out or return books, use the computer lab, or use the creative workspace. Mrs. Rusk will also be available for tutoring each of those days in the Library.
- Attention, all students who ride a bus to the middle school. Please check with your teachers if you don’t know what bus number you ride to the middle school. A list will also be posted in the high school office.
- Attention athletes!! It’s time to sell those booster cards. There will be a card selling canvas this Saturday. Please make plans to meet at the tennis courts at 9:00 AM.
- Students, please make plans to join us for Meet the Tigers night tomorrow. The action kicks off with our RCHS soccer team scrimmage at Musgrove Park at 4:30. Afterwards, at 6:30 we will introduce our student fall participants, sponsors, and coaches. Our band and football team will perform as well. Come out, be a part of One Tiger Nation.
- Our Tiger golf squad fell in a great match yesterday against Effingham St. Anthony. Top scorers include Ayden Nealis with a 1 over par 36, Reese Glover fired a 41, Isaac Klingler finished with a 41, and Aaron Klingler shot a 43. On the ladies side, Savannah Ferguson came in with a 53, Addalyn Runyon shot a 61, Emma Hefferman and Mallory Richardson finished with a 66.
Have a great day today. You are in control of your actions, do what’s right - make today 1% better than yesterday, and remember everyday is a great day when you are an Olney Tiger!! -
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation