8 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
13 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
14 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello (no schedule from the event coordinator as of yet)
7:00-7:59......Rehearse in the stadium for I Dreamed A Dream, and The Nightmare Before Christmas (with instruments, tuners, Inside the Circle books, Foundation for Superior Performance book, music, and pencil)
8:00-9:00......Quick stretch. Clean sets 1-21a (with instruments). Learn sets 21a-25 (no instruments)
Rehearse movements 1-3. Review sets 1-21a. Learn sets 21a-25.
- UPDATE TO PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: My apologize, folks! Apparently, I had the wrong date for the Olney Fall Festival in the Olney City Park. The date was published as September 23. It is in fact September 30, the same day as the Panther Marching Band Festival.
- NEED TO SEE: Emily Roth, Aidan Gomez, Alex Cranmer, and Jasper Tracy
- MISSING TESTS: Parker Brown, Cory Everingham, Emily Roth, Alex Schneider, Luke Seiler, Wyatt Baker, James Benton, Evey Mason, Brad Muentener, Liam Ryden, and Brandon Seessengood, More than likely, you just forgot to link your Google Drive videos to Schoology. Please take care of that before the end of the day.
- NEW MUSIC: Let's Go Tigers, and 4th movement
- ASSIGNMENTS: Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- Dream On due Wednesday (August 30th) before 11:59 am. We will test in-class on Thursday (August 31st) morning from 8:00-9:10 am, for those that do not complete the assignment before hand. You will have 10 minutes to complete the assessment.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Only those within the Marching Tigers leadership are permitted to attend the leadership council. If your name is not on the list, please do not report to the music department during our meeting. Emma Wells will reach out to each of you to determine whether we will continue meeting on Thursdays, or if another day will work better. You may pick up your Twin Thieves books on Monday. The assigned readings are chapters 1-7.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- BUS SEATING: We are getting closer to the Jasper County Fall Festival Parade! Pick your spot on the bus or van by clicking HERE. Pick a spot that is in purple. Spots are first come first serve! Please do not erase someone's names off of this form. This will be your assigned seating for the majority, if not the entire, season. Make sure to log into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening the form. You have until September 1st to select your seat. You now have the ability to edit the document.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: LUKE SEILER (8/30), JASPER TRACY (9/6), NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22). Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- SHOES: Make sure to pay for your DrillMasters or the Crossovers
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: Confirm that you have your flip folder, lyre, and tuner. There are a few of these items laying around.
- Tiger Takeout is officially open for business in the Student Services Office. Through generous donations, we will again offer free snacks and hygiene products to all students. Drink options consisting of water, propel and sugar free soda are available to purchase for $1.00. Tiger Takeout is available between classes and at the end of the school day. We are closed daily during the lunch hour.
- Students, make plans to stop by the library to check out a copy of The Assignment. Join the RCHS book club - you don’t want to miss out on this September book of the month.
- Juniors - PSAT/NMSQT signups are taking place in the Student Services Office now through Sept 1st. Cost is $19 - with some financial assistance available. Check out your Skyward Message Center for more details.
- If you are interested in learning more about our new Clay Target Trap Shooting Team, please make plans to attend an informational meeting today during OTE in the PAC.
- Are you interested in being an exchange student next year? Please see Mrs VanDyke by Friday to get information.
- Students, just a reminder to sign up in the office if you wish to eat lunch at the First Methodist Church tomorrow.
- Tiger roars go out to our Lady Cross Country team as they ran well against Fairfield Saturday. Tiger pats on the back go out to Mackenzie Thomas as she was crowned champion. Josie Ginder grabbed 3rd place, Lily Stevens finished 4th, Karlee Piercefield took 8th place, and Briley Kocher grabbed 11th place. On the gentlemen’s side, Kaeden Davis finished in 2nd place, Carter Seaman took 6th place, Kayden Cooley placed 11th, Hunter Vincent grabbed 14th place, and Ruger Stevens placed 23rd.
- Our Tiger Soccer squad played well Saturday. Our Tiger kickers defeated Arthur Christian 3 to 1 and then took down St. Thomas More 4 to 0. Goal scorers include Poalo Davi with 3 goals, Allesandro kicked 4 goals and our goal keep Carter Dill was stingy as he only allowed 1 goal for the two contests.
- Tiger good luck wishes go out to One Tiger Nation today as our Freshman / Sophomore Football team travel to Taylorville, our FFA members travel to DuQuoin for Fall Follies, and our Lady Tiger golfers are in action in Olney.
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation