6 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
11 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
12 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello (no schedule from the event coordinator as of yet)
7:00-7:24…..WINDS IN THE BAND ROOM. PERCUSSION ON THE PRACTICE FIELD
- WINDS = Long Tones, Be Thou My Vision. Concert A-flat and F major scales with focus on intonation.
- PERCUSSION = Objectives to be announced by Mr. Vaal and Mr. Weitkamp
7:25-8:24......WINDS IN THE BAND ROOM. PERCUSSION ON THE PRACTICE FIELD
- WINDS = The Nightmare Before Christmas (primary focus), Dream On, and I Dreamed A Dream
- PERCUSSION = Objectives to be announced by Mr. Vaal and Mr. Weitkamp
- TESTING = 10 minutes per student on the field (helpers are Ethan and Ethan)
8:25-9:00……FULL ENSEMBLE ON THE PRACTICE FIELD
- FULL ENSEMBLE = Review sets 1-10a. Clean sets 10a-14a, 14a-17a, 17a-21a
Run sets sets 1-21a
Refine intonation over scales
Clean movements 1-3, with the focus on The Nightmare Before Christmas
- INTONATION ON SCALES: Refine intonation tendencies over concert E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement). It would benefit the band greatly if all winds would practice the scales with a tuner at home before rehearsals. The more in-tune we are, the better we will blend, and the louder we will sound.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY AT EIU: For those in band auditioning for ILMEA, EIU hosts an audition prep day to help students prepare for ILMEA. The ILMEA Audition Prep Day is on September 30th. If you are interested, please message Mr. Jones on the RCCU1 app, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PARADE TUNE: The Nightmare Before Christmas starting at the Allegro section.
- UPDATE TO PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: I am sorry, folks! Apparently, I had the wrong date for the Olney Fall Festival in the Olney City Park. The date was published as September 23. It is in fact September 30, the same day as the Panther Marching Band Festival.
- NEED TO SEE: Emily Roth, Aidan Gomez, Alex Cranmer, and Jasper Tracy
- MISSING TESTS: Parker Brown, Cory Everingham, Emily Roth, Alex Schneider, Luke Seiler, Wyatt Baker, James Benton, Evey Mason, Brad Muentener, Liam Ryden, and Brandon Seessengood, More than likely, you just forgot to link your Google Drive videos to Schoology. Please take care of that before the end of the day.
- NEW MUSIC: Let's Go Tigers, and 4th movement
- ASSIGNMENTS: Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- Dream On due Wednesday (August 30th) before 11:59 am. We will test in-class on Thursday (August 31st) morning from 8:00-9:10 am, for those that do not complete the assignment before hand. You will have 10 minutes to complete the assessment.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Only those within the Marching Tigers leadership are permitted to attend the leadership council. If your name is not on the list, please do not report to the music department during our meeting. We meet on Friday from 12:35-1:00. The assigned readings are chapters 1-7.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- BUS SEATING: We are getting closer to the Jasper County Fall Festival Parade! Pick your spot on the bus or van by clicking HERE. Pick a spot that is in purple. Spots are first come first serve! Please do not erase someone's names off of this form. This will be your assigned seating for the majority, if not the entire, season. Make sure to log into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening the form. You have until September 1st to select your seat. You now have the ability to edit the document.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: LUKE SEILER (8/30), JASPER TRACY (9/6), NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22). Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- SHOES: Make sure to pay for your DrillMasters or the Crossovers
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: Confirm that you have your flip folder, lyre, and tuner. There are a few of these items laying around.
- Juniors - please make sure you sign up for the PSAT/NMSQT in the Student Services Office. You have until Friday to register. Check out your Skyward Message Center for more details.
- There is an Interact meeting during OTE today in the PAC.-
- How does a one hour lunch sound? It’s time to start the class attendance percentage challenge. Whether you are a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior your class attendance percentage has to finish at 94% or better at the end of term 1. It’s simple - get to class, get your one hour lunch break towards the end of the term.
- Tiger roars go out to our Lady Tiger Volleyball teams as our varsity team defeated Flora in straight sets last night 25 to 8 and 25 to 8. Rylee Bloomer had 6 aces, Danielle Brown had 6 kills, Larissa Spitz had 5 kills, Taylor Bloomer had 8 assists, and our liberator Maddie Piercefield had 4 digs. Our JV and Fresh/Soph squads won as well.
- Tiger pats on the back go out to our Lady Tiger Tennis team as they earned their first W last night against Casey. Singles winners include Grayce Burgener, Evie Potter, Claire Uhl, McKenna Snider, Raley Inskeep, and Annara Cox. All doubles teams were victorious as well.
- Tiger shout outs go out to our Tiger golf squad as they took down Flora and Newton yesterday. Ayden Nealis brought in a 2 over par 37, Reese Glover was right behind him with a 38, and the Klingler brothers tied with 43s.
- Tiger good luck roars go out to our Tiger and Lady Tiger Golf squads this afternoon as they will play on their home course.
- Here are your words of wisdom for this Wednesday: Don’t let the words of another affect your happiness. No one has that power unless you give it to them. Civil rights activist and Mahatma Gandhi said, “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet...” and neither should you. Don’t let another person have a negative impact on your thoughts, feelings, goals, or beliefs.
One School - One Mission - One Tiger Nation