2 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
3 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello
SEPTEMBER 20, 2023..........ILMEA Audition Prep Day on the campus of Eastern IL Univ.
8 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 23, 2023..........Marching Maroons Band Festival in Robinson
7:00-7:59......WINDS AND DRUMLINE ON THE PRACTICE FIELD
- WINDS = Long Tones, Flexibility/Scales #1, Concentration on E-flat major, Be Thou My Vision, and Full Volume. Rehearse I Dreamed A Dream, Dream On, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Good Night, Sleep Tight.
- DRUMLINE & FRONT ENSEMBLE = Warm-up with Mr. Vaal and Mr. Weitkamp
8:00-8:44……FULL ENSEMBLE ON THE PRACTICE FIELD
- WITH INSTRUMENTS, clean sets 1-21a
8:45-9:00……FULL ENSEMBLE ON THE PRACTICE FIELD
- NO INSTRUMENTS, review sets 21a-25
Clean sets 1-21a for Saturday's performance
Review sets 21a-25
Rehearse all four movements of the show
- OVERDUE PLAYING TESTS: Should you have any outstanding playing tests, those tests need to be completed during OTA Thursday.
- AVAILABLE SEATS FOR PARENTS: Ladies and gents, for those that wish to attend the upcoming competitions, we have available seating in the passenger van! We can comfortably fit six additional passengers. We could possibly cram two or three more, if need be. Preference goes to the members of the Olney Music Boosters. You need not report until 10-15 minutes before departure. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message me on the RCCU1 app, should you like a seat! Seats are first-come, first-serve for all not in the boosters.
- DEPARTMENT HOODIE: Mrs. Deimel has an extra-large department hoodie available for $30. First come, first serve! Talk to Mrs. Deimel if you are interested.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY AT EIU: The clinic is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2023 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. We will depart RCHS at around 11:15 a.m. to allow time for lunch and the drive to Charleston, IL. We will return at 5:00 p.m. Seven people are attending the trip to EIU. Those people are Jereme Higginbotham, Emma Wells, Evey Mason, Ethan Zuber, Aidan Gomez, Callista Ridgely, and Addison Ridgely. If you are auditioning for band or orchestra, you my print the music by clicking HERE
- INTONATION ON SCALES: Refine intonation tendencies over concert E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement). It would benefit the band greatly if all winds would practice the scales with a tuner at home before rehearsals. The more in-tune we are, the better we will blend, and the louder we will sound.
- PLAYING TEST (DUE NOW): Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end) by Wednesday, September 7th before 11:59 pm. If you plan on taking the test at school, please bring your Chromebook to rehearsal on Thursday, September 8th.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- SAGE CITY INVITATIONAL: This is our first marching band competition! The date of this competition in Monticello, IL is September 16th. Click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Only those within the Marching Tigers leadership are permitted to attend the leadership council. If your name is not on the list, please do not report to the music department during our meeting. We meet on Fridays from 12:35-1:00. The assigned readings are chapters 14-21.
- BUS SEATING: Click HERE to view the seating for away trips. There are open seats for parents. The van is first-come-first-serve for parents wishing to attend.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- Students, make sure you check the attendance posters that are up around the school. Each grade level must come in at or above the 94% attendance rate to earn extra time. As of now, here is an update:
- Freshmen - 92.91%
- Sophomores - 95.85%
- Juniors - 94.00%
- Seniors - 95.18%
** Freshmen, you need to take care of business in order to receive the extra time at lunch!! Get to class, do it now!!!!
- Freshman class officers need to meet with Profe Lathrop in room 211 during OTE tomorrow.
- If you are interested in joining FBLA, please check your email and fill out the form that was sent to you. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Stallard or one of the FBLA officers: Brayden Beard, Cali Wingert, Bailey Snyder, Makayla Monical, or Gracelyn Hancock. The deadline to join is September 22.
- There will be a FBLA competitive event meeting tomorrow during lunch in Room 206. This meeting is for anyone who is interested in the competitive component of FBLA. We will be discussing the various events that are available as well as the dates and locations of the competitions.
- Homecoming week is rapidly approaching - students, please check your email for terms and conditions on being eligible for the dance. Speaking of the dance, if you wish to bring another student from a different high school, please pick up a guest form in the office.
- Tiger shout outs go out to Evie Potter, Claire Vaal, and Vieve Carey. These three received the national rural and small town award through the college board national recognition program. This is a huge deal. Nicely done you three!! Mr. Houchin needs to see you in the office after announcements.
- Our Lady Tiger volleyball team battled in some tough competition last night at Salem. Tiger roars go out to Danielle Brown as she broke the RCHS school record for kills last night. Danielle has 464 kills currently and will look to add to that total as the season unfolds. Rylee Bloomer had 25 assists and our liberator, Maddie Piercefield had 19 digs.
- Tiger pats on the back go out to our Freshmen / Sophomore football squad as they defeated Lawrenceville Monday night 14 to 8.
- Tiger good luck wishes go out to OTN today. Our Tiger Soccer squad will battle Mattoon tonight at the middle school, and our Tiger golfers will tee it up in Olney this afternoon.
- Here are your words of wisdom for this Wednesday: No one is perfect. Your past mistakes and failures don’t have to define your future. They can refine you and help you become all that you were created to be. There is a plan for you. You have a purpose. Don’t give up. Have faith & continue to get better.