3 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
8 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
9 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello (no schedule from the event coordinator as of yet)
7:00-7:14......Travel in parade block B to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-8:09......With instruments, review sets 1-10a, and clean sets 10a-14a, 14a-17a, 17a-21a. IF TIME: no instruments, learn sets 21a-29a
8:10-8:29......With Instruments, park-and-park The Nightmare Before Christmas on side 1, 45 yard-line.
8:30-9:00......With Instruments, marching to The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end) in parade block B on the track.
Maintain sets 1-21a (with instruments)
If time, learn sets 21a-29a (no instruments)
Primary focus = The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro-end) in parade block
- LUNCH ON 9/5: Sorry, folks! The music department is closed during lunch today.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY AT EIU: The deadline to register for the audition prep day is Wednesday, September 6. The clinic itself is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2023 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. We will depart RCHS at around 11:15 a.m. to allow time for lunch and the drive to Charleston, IL. We will return at 5:00 p.m. Click HERE before September 6th to attend this event. Only those auditioning for ILMEA is eligible to attend this trip.
- TOWER: The scaffolding (aka tower) needs to relocate to the practice field today. Football is on the field from 3:00-5:15. Is anyone available to help at 5:30 PM today? Please message me if you are available.
- FACILITIES: The custodians are set to clean the floors in the band room and music commons each Wednesdays. We need to strike the chairs and stands on that day. Those of you in the facilities team, please remind me to dismiss you from the rehearsal at 8:50 am so that this can be done.
- RCHS BANDS ATTIRE/BAGS: Humans, submit your clothing orders now! RCHS Bands has fleece-jackets and gym bags with the Marching Tigers logo available for purchase.
- INTONATION ON SCALES: Refine intonation tendencies over concert E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement). It would benefit the band greatly if all winds would practice the scales with a tuner at home before rehearsals. The more in-tune we are, the better we will blend, and the louder we will sound.
- PLAYING TEST (POSTPONED UNTIL 9/11 AT 11:59 PM): Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end) by Wednesday, September 7th before 11:59 pm. If you plan on taking the test at school, please bring your Chromebook to rehearsal on Thursday, September 8th.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- JASPER COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL PARADE: Our first away event is this Saturday, September 9th in Newton, IL. Click HERE for more details.
- SAGE CITY INVITATIONAL: This is our first marching band competition! The date of this competition in Monticello, IL is September 16th. Click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Only those within the Marching Tigers leadership are permitted to attend the leadership council. If your name is not on the list, please do not report to the music department during our meeting. We meet on Fridays from 12:35-1:00. The assigned readings are chapters 1-7.
- NEW BUS SEATING: We now have two buses, a van, and plenty of space traveling to competitions! To update your seating, click HERE. You have until Thursday to update the seating chart.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: JASPER TRACY (9/6), NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: Confirm that you have your flip folder, lyre, and tuner. There are a few of these items laying around.
- There is an FBLA officer meeting during lunch today in Mrs. Stallard’s room - room 206.
- There is an International Thespian Society Informational meeting tonight in the PAC at 6:00 PM tonight. The International Thespian Society is the only theatre honor society for middle and high school students in the United States. Affiliation brings credibility and distinction to students, theatre programs, and schools. Information on how to log hours toward induction, as well as information on how this honor society will benefit students, will be shared tonight.
- There is a fall athletic nutrition meeting tomorrow in the PAC during OTE. All athletes are encouraged to attend.
- Are you interested in helping create a more inclusive community here at RCHS? We’d love to have you join Best Buddies! In Best Buddies, we help build one-to-one friendships between people with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through this club, you’ll form meaningful connections and share interests, experiences and activities with your buddy. Come to an informational meeting Thursday during OTA in the Commons to hear more about Best Buddies and learn how to join!
- Our Tiger golf squad finished 4th in the Olney Invite Friday. Tiger pats on the back go out to Reese Glover as he finished 6th overall with a score of 77. Ayden Nealis was right behind Reese as he placed 7th overall with a score of 78. Carsyn Ameter recorded an 85, and Aaron Klingler shot an 87.
- Our Lady Tiger Cross Country team finished in 7th place at the Charleston Invite Saturday. Tiger roars go out to Mackenzi Thomas as she placed 19th overall. Lily Stevens finished in 25th place, Josie Ginder in 32nd place, and Karlee Piercefield grabbed 53rd place. Our Tiger cross country runners took 13th place. Kaeden Davis was the top Olney finisher claiming 26th place, Carter Seaman finished in 69th place, Kaydn Cooley grabbed 89th place, and Trenton Payne took 95th place.
- Tiger shout outs go out to our Lady Tiger Volleyball squad as they finished in 4th place in the Tiger volleyball classic Saturday. Our Lady Strikers took first place in pool play with wins over Tolono and ALAH. Tiger pats on the back go out to Danielle Brown and Aliyah Tracy for making the all tournament team.
- Tiger good luck roars go out to One Tiger Nation today. Our Tiger golf squad will travel to Salem. Our Tiger soccer team will battle Newton at RCMS at 4:30 PM, and Our Lady Tiger Tennis team will be on the road to St. Anthony.
- Today is Tuesday folks, you all know what this means?? That’s right, it’s time for the joke of the day sponsored by Mr. Gary Walters. All righty, here we go: Where do generals keep their armies? In their sleevies! Ha ha, you da man Gary!!