0 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 9, 2023..........Newton Fall Festival Parade in Newton
5 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2023..........Home Varsity Football Game (RCHS stadium)
6 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 16, 2023..........Sage City Invitational in Monticello (no schedule from the event coordinator as of yet)
SEPTEMBER 20, 2023..........ILMEA Audition Prep Day on the campus of Eastern IL Univ.
11 REHEARSALS: SEPTEMBER 23, 2023..........Marching Maroons Band Festival in Robinson
7:00-7:14......Travel in parade block B to the practice field and stretch.
7:15-8:29......No instruments, review sets 21a-25, and learn sets 25a-31.
8:30-9:00......With instruments, review sets 1-10a, and clean sets 10a-14a, 14a-17a, 17a-21a.
Maintain sets 1-21a (with instruments)
Review sets 21a-25 (no instruments)
Learn sets 25-31 (no instruments)
- HOMEWORK: Make sure to take your instruments home to practice each day after school. If you want to be competitive, everyone must have the music memorized. Mentors and section leaders, please help remind your people.
- ILMEA AUDITION PREP DAY AT EIU: The clinic is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2023 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. We will depart RCHS at around 11:15 a.m. to allow time for lunch and the drive to Charleston, IL. We will return at 5:00 p.m. Seven people are attending the trip to EIU. Those people are Jereme Higginbotham, Emma Wells, Evey Mason, Ethan Zuber, Aidan Gomez, Callista Ridgely, and Addison Ridgely. If you are auditioning for band or orchestra, you my print the music by clicking HERE
- FACILITIES: No need to strike down the chairs and stands today. We will wait until next week.
- RCHS BANDS ATTIRE/BAGS: Humans, submit your clothing orders now! RCHS Bands has fleece-jackets and gym bags with the Marching Tigers logo available for purchase.
- INTONATION ON SCALES: Refine intonation tendencies over concert E-flat, F (1st and 4th movements), and A-flat (3rd movement) major scales, as well as g harmonic minor (3rd movement). It would benefit the band greatly if all winds would practice the scales with a tuner at home before rehearsals. The more in-tune we are, the better we will blend, and the louder we will sound.
- PLAYING TEST (POSTPONED UNTIL 9/11 AT 11:59 PM): Submit a video (with eyes closed) to rccu1.schoology.com under Marching Band. If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to your mentor. You are welcome to record yourself using an iPad Pro over lunch, or after school until 4:30 PM.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (Allegro to the end) by Wednesday, September 7th before 11:59 pm. If you plan on taking the test at school, please bring your Chromebook to rehearsal on Thursday, September 8th.
- 9/15 HOME FOOTBALL GAME: Click HERE for details pertaining to the September 15th Home Football Game.
- JASPER COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL PARADE: Our first away event is this Saturday, September 9th in Newton, IL. Click HERE for more details.
- SAGE CITY INVITATIONAL: This is our first marching band competition! The date of this competition in Monticello, IL is September 16th. Click HERE for more information.
- LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: Only those within the Marching Tigers leadership are permitted to attend the leadership council. If your name is not on the list, please do not report to the music department during our meeting. We meet on Fridays from 12:35-1:00. The assigned readings are chapters 14-21.
- NEW BUS SEATING: Click HERE to view the seating for away trips. There are open seats for parents. The van is first-come-first-serve for parents wishing to attend.
- UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS: NALEIGHA HARRISON (9/22).
- HANDBOOK CONFORMATION FORMS: Missing forms from Emily Roth.
- 2022-23 HONORS WIND CHAMBER ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS. The Honors Wind Ensemble is limited to only 15 musicians this year.
- TEAMS/SHOPS: Thanks to those that stepped up to lead our RCHS Bands Teams. The new teams/shops are:
- FACILITIES: Emma Wells, with help from Cory, Emma M., and Emily R.
- SUPPLY: Aidan Gomez, with help from Ethan M. and Callista
- UNIFORMS: Ethan Zuber, with help from Addison and Carly H.
- MUSIC LIBRARY: Evey Mason, with help from Liam and James B.
- BOOSTER HELPERS: Molly Fehrenbacher, with help from Carly Z., Alex, and Wyatt
- PERSONAL INSTRUMENT INFORMATION FORM: Please fill out the personal instrument information form so that we may best protect your personal property by clicking HERE. You need to be logged into your @rccu1.net account on your browser before opening.
- TUNERS, INSIDE THE CIRCLE, AND MUSIC: Winds and percussion need all of these items for every Tuesday and Thursday rehearsal - even when outside. Please keep your tuner on your instrument so it isn't lost. You do not need these items on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, or Saturdays unless Mr. Jones says otherwise.
- SHOW MUSIC, COORDINATES, & DRILL CHARTS: These items may be printed by visiting https://www.rchsbands.net/show-music--drill1.html
- CONFLICTS: Do you have a conflict with a marching band event? Log into your rccu1.net account, and click HERE to fill out the form. Most common conflicts are vacations, drivers education, summer camps, athletics, and other clubs. After filling out the form, please message Mr. Jones to give him a heads up. Review the RCHS Bands Handbook to determine what is considered an excused absence.
- ILMEA AUDITION RESULTS: Interested in auditioning for ILMEA in October? Fill out the interest form by clicking HERE for more information. You will need to sign into your rccu1.net account to access this form.
- 2023 MARCHING TIGERS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: Clicking HERE for more information.
- PERSONAL HOURS EARNED: Click HERE for the spreadsheet on personal hours. Students that go into the negative for RCHS Bands personal hours will no longer be eligible to earn personal hours to use for a band class.
- FLIP FOLDERS & LYRES: Confirm that you have your flip folder, lyre, and tuner. There are a few of these items laying around.
- If you did NOT purchase a 2023 Olnean (last year's yearbook) and would like one, they are for sale in the Yearbook room for $70. Please see Mrs. Rusk before school, during OTE, or after school.
- We are on a 2:00 PM dismissal schedule today for teacher planning. Please do not go to other schools as they will still be in session. If you ride a bus, please stay in the commons and wait for it to arrive.
- The OTA classes of Mr. Brown, Mr. Edwards, Mr. Jones, Mr. Carmody, and Mr. Laughlin need to head to the PAC after announcements for a Freshmen Upward Bound presentation.
- Students, just a reminder about our school dress code. Remember to dress professionally and think to yourself, who are you trying to portray.
- Tiger good luck roars go out to our Lady Tiger Volleyball squad as they defeated Lawrenceville last night. Our Lady Strikers lost the first set but then came back to take the next two sets 25 to 14 and 25 to 13. Rylee Bloomer had 4 aces and 19 assists, birthday gal Aliyah Tracy had 8 kills, Danielle Brown had 7 kills, and our liberator Maddie Piercefield had 19 digs.
- We want to throw some good luck vibes to OTN this morning. This afternoon and tomorrow, our Tiger golf squad will be at Mattoon. Our Tiger football squad will battle Lawrenceville tonight on the road. Our Lady Tiger Tennis team is on the road to Mattoon. Our Cross Country teams are on the road Saturday to Peoria, our Tiger soccer squad will lock paws with Pickneyville on the road, and our JV volleyball team is at Troy for the Triad JV Tournament.
- Our STRIPES Tiger character trait for the month of September is Service. Famous author Leo Tolstoy who wrote masterpieces such as War and Peace once said this of service, “Joy can be real if people look upon their life as a service and have a definite object outside themselves and their personal happiness.” What can you do today and everyday to help our school, community, and others through service?