- 2023 COCOA BEACH & DISNEY WORLD TRIP: Parent Q&A on TODAY, October 12th at 6PM in the Richland County Performing Arts Center.
- EIU HONOR JAZZ COMBO DAY: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Monday, November 8th. Click HERE for more information.
- EIU HIGH SCHOOL HONOR BAND FESTIVAL: This event takes place at Eastern Illinois University on Saturday, December 11th. Click HERE for more information.
- WEDNESDAY'S REHEARSAL: Likely indoors due to rain/thunderstorms. The focus will be on visuals and music. If we are able, we will go to the stadium field.
- THURSDAY'S REHEARSAL: Likely indoors due to rain/thunderstorms. The focus will be on visuals and music. If we are able, we will go to the stadium field.
- FRIDAY'S REHEARSAL: RUN THE SHOW AS MANY TIMES AS POSSIBLE!
- VISUALS: Keep working on these at home! The tutorials may be found under sheet music.
- 4th MOVEMENT: After careful consideration, we will not perform the 4th Movement. We simply do not have the time.
- MARCHING BAND UNIFORMS: The new uniforms have arrived! See below for a picture of the uniforms.
- EFFINGHAM MARCHING HEARTS INVITATIONAL: Click HERE for the itinerary. Meals are provided. For lunch, students will receive bandwhiches. Dinner is pizza.
- FINAL PERFORMANCE: Click HERE for the Itinerary.
- SENIOR SONG: The senior song Is Barndance. Hard copies will be passed out shortly. You may find a version of this tune on SmartMusic.
- 2022 MARCHING TIGERS LEADERSHIP APPLICATION: Click HERE to fill out the form If you are Interested In any of the following positions: FIELD CONDUCTOR, CAPTAIN, or SECTION LEADER.
- 2021-22 HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE: It's almost time! If you are interested in auditioning for the Honors Wind, please click HERE and fill out the following form. The Honor Wind Ensemble is the premiere instrumental ensemble at RCHS. This advanced level class is by audition only, and is designed to challenge the most experienced and talented musicians with RCHS.
- NOBLE FREEDOM FESTIVAL PARADE: I know this is a long way off, but I wanted to get a sense of who in the Marching Tigers might be available on July 2nd. The Noble Lions Club will host a parade and festival for the Noble Freedom Festival Parade. Who might be available? You would earn 3 hours of personal time for the 2022-23 school year, and likely free food and drinks! Filling out the survey does not commit you to the date. It just gives me an idea who might be available. Click HERE for your availability.
- BUS ASSIGNMENTS: This chart will be used for 9/25, 10/2, & 10/16. We have been assigned a truck instead of a van for 10/2. On this day, many of the adults that would travel on the van will travel on the buses instead. Click HERE to view your bus assignment, or scroll to the bottom of this post.
- RCHS BANDS REPRESENTATION / STUDENT COUNSEL: Kali Hinterscher, Dacota Anderson-Krome & Evey Mason for the Marching Tigers. Kyle Rennier for the Jazz Band.
- PERSONAL DAYS: Many of you performed at the 2021 Memorial Day Ceremony In Olney. Because that was not a grade, (it was in the summer) I awarded each of you 3.0 hours of personal time. You may use this personal time for any rehearsal. You may not use this time for performances, however. Click HERE to view your available personal time.
- SPOOKTACULAR APPAREL ORDER FORM: See the form below.
➢ Happy birthday to Reed Koehler & Shamus Shick today.
➢ There will be no after school tutoring in the Library today, Tuesday, 10/12.
➢ FBLA will have a lunch meeting TODAY in Mrs. Stallard's room. Pizza and a drink will be available for $3 or feel free to bring your own lunch.
➢ The College and Career Fair will be held Thursday, October 14th in the Ron Herrin Gym. Juniors will attend at 8:30am and Seniors will attend at 9:20am. There will be a multitude of colleges and area employers available to meet with. If you have any questions please see Student Services.
➢ Any student wanting to be on the Scholar Bowl Team needs to let Mr. Dunn know by next Friday, October 15th. Send Mr. Dunn an email or stop by his room. Competitions begin in January.
➢ There will be an informational meeting on Wednesday 10/13/21 during lunch on the south deck of Ron Herrin Gym. Pizza will be provided. The Power and Speed Center will be open on Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 6:30 am for any wrestler interested in lifting. Open mats will start on Wednesday at 4:30 pm on the south deck of Ron Herrin Gym. Open Mats will run on Mondays and Wednesdays. If you have any questions please let Coach Music know.
➢ The travel club will have a meeting on Tuesday, October 12 during OTE in Mr. Dunn‘s room. Any students planning to go on the trip to Ecuador and Galapagos islands or Canada next summer need to attend this meeting.
➢ Travel to the British Isles during the summer of 2023. We will have an informational meeting in the science commons on Wednesday, October 16 at 6:00pm.
➢ ATTENTION!! Any 9th grade student who has not turned in their physical or 12th grade student who has not turned in their MCV4 Meningitis will be excluded on October 15th. This is a State of Illinois law so if the required physical or MCV4 is not received by October 15th those days missed will be unexcused. The student will not have an online or remote option. They will not be allowed to ride the bus, enter the classroom or play any sport. This date cannot be changed as it is set by the State of Illinois so call your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner as soon as possible if you need a physical or the Richland County Health Department if you need your MCV4 Meningitis. They all get extremely busy since the other schools have students calling for these requirements also. If you have any questions about these requirements, call me at 393-2191 ext 3135 or email me at email@example.com
➢ Mr. Ribb on bun, corn, mandarin oranges and milk
➢ Boys/Girls Cross Country - LIC Meet @ Lawrenceville (Away) 4:30 PM